I am OBSESSED with this house.

(90 Posts)
Nancy66 Wed 28-Nov-12 12:22:37

I've looked at it on streetview and area looks a bit rundown. Anyone know more - is it complete Shitsville?

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39199298.html

Rudolphstolemycarrots Sun 02-Dec-12 16:33:01

have you put the post code into upmystreet.com ? will give you all the crime stats, schools etc ..

Rudolphstolemycarrots Sun 02-Dec-12 16:34:42

it looks typical sea-sidey road to me.

LadyKooKoo Sun 02-Dec-12 20:57:23

I don't know anything about the area but I did look at the sold prices on rightmove and about 95% of the properties sold are flats. In my experience this brings the area down but perhaps that is only round here (Birmingham). I would suspect that the only reason this isn't flats is due to it being a listed building.

Nancy66 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:01:39

LadyKooKoo - I'm sure you're right. The house it's attached to is definitely all flats and looks very run down

LadyKooKoo Sun 02-Dec-12 21:03:38

Also, I am not sure is anyone else has posted this from Zoopla but the property was sold in 2007 for £350k. Given that 2007 is just before the crash, I would be interested to know what condition it was in then to justify such a price increase in a declining property market.

LadyKooKoo Sun 02-Dec-12 21:07:19

Sorry for the multiple posts but it also sold in 2002 for 180k so would guess that the condition when it sold in 2007 wasn't too bad at all.

LadyKooKoo Sun 02-Dec-12 21:09:52

Found this from 2010 marketing, it really shows off damp in tower.

EdgarAllanPond Sun 02-Dec-12 21:21:26

that's a beautiful wreck there.

i think the price isn't appetizing though - otherwise it would have shifted.

if you want it negotiate very hard indeed.

EdgarAllanPond Sun 02-Dec-12 21:32:58

searching in that price bracket brings up some ealy lovely places in that area

like ths

EdgarAllanPond Sun 02-Dec-12 21:34:06
EdgarAllanPond Sun 02-Dec-12 21:36:05

i rather fancied this one myself though that is totally blowing the budget smile

EdgarAllanPond Sun 02-Dec-12 21:37:36

i'm currently obsessed with a house that is sold STC to someone else.

i live in hope.

our sale goes through in the new year - if we'd snagged our buyer a few days sooner that would have been ours - arg!!

Nancy66 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:46:50

Thanks for posting that LayKoo - yes the tower looks ridiculed with damp.

I think the price hike is due to the fact that there has already been quite a bit of refurbishment in the lower part of the house.

Edgar that oast house is amazing!

TalkinPeace2 Sun 02-Dec-12 22:02:53

be very wary of Zoopla - its data set is very incomplete at the moment as it does not include any houses sold to or by companies or any house sold after reposession and many houses sold at auction - those being the ones excluded from the Land Registry data

in a rising market it meant that Zoopla under estimated 'values'
in the stagnant / falling market it means that many people have inflated views of what things are actually selling for

OhDearNigel Thu 29-Aug-13 21:22:54

Hi Nancy
The house is sold now, I saw this thread today and had a smile to myself as DH and I would dearly love to buy it. Its just round the corner from us so I drove past on my way back from work. Covered in scaffolding

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now