All thoughts welcomes.
TIA

BloooCowWonders Sun 25-Nov-12 16:25:57

A row of hooks?

Not for coats but something pretty?

mirry2 Sun 25-Nov-12 16:29:44

A narrow shelf and a pot plant?

cyanarasamba Sun 25-Nov-12 16:32:10

May not be your bag but how about a string of decorative lights over the mirror? LED's very safe and don't use much power.

Funky lightfitting? Warm coloured lampshade? Change of lightbulb colour?

oreocrumbs Sun 25-Nov-12 17:46:48

A rug?

Do you have room for a shoe cupboard? the ones that attach to the wall - like this, maybe in a wood for warmth. They only stick out a little bit and then you could put an ornament/picture or something on it.

Murtette Sun 25-Nov-12 19:57:37

Tbh, the only thing I really care about in people's hallways is whether there is somewhere to wipe my feet, put my bag & hang my coat easily (and preferably where I can get to it when I want to leave rather than wait for the host to find it... this is linked to the fact that all of my friends currently seem to have newborns & I have recently been stranded twice when wanting to leave but they are feeding the baby and so can't go & get my coat from whatever bedroom they've put it in and have asked me to wait &, in the meantime, my newborn has been been getting increasingly grizzly as he then began to need a feed). So bare can be an advantage. A warm welcome is the most warming thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now