New builds - how much are developers likely to accept below asking price?

(9 Posts)
MrsFogi Thu 15-Nov-12 21:43:19

The question says it all really - is there more haggle room with developers than there is with private sellers or is the price the one that's on the tin?

MrsjREwing Thu 15-Nov-12 21:45:59

I gather it depends on the developers year end, how close the property is to being built, less for a house that is watertight and fitted out than one off plan .

MrsBucketxx Fri 16-Nov-12 08:55:05

we bought under the asking price with a large developer and got lots of extras too.

but we had already sold and where in a good position.

it was only 13 grand though. better than nowt i suppose.

Vickibee Fri 16-Nov-12 08:58:47

My friend got loads of help, her buyer was going to pull out as it needed damp proof course and roof repairs. Taylor Wilpey paid for the repairs so the sale could proceed nearly 10000 and paid her stamp duty and solicitors and estate agent fees.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Fri 16-Nov-12 09:02:25

I think you can try offer between 10% and 15% under the asking price.
I was checking on a couple of new builds a few years ago, but did not go ahead. When checking the sold prices recently for the same development, I realized they had sold for approximately, 10% less than asked. They were on the market for between 750k and 894k (3 or 4 beds)

MrsFogi Sun 18-Nov-12 20:53:29

Thanks for all the replies. Would any of you mind letting me know what extras (in addition to those mentioned so far) I could ask for?

SpecialAgentSpade Sun 25-Nov-12 23:44:08

i looked at a new build on at £150,000. was told developers would consider in the region of £130,000-£135,000. was the last one in a development of 6 properties.

herhonesty Mon 26-Nov-12 07:24:53

I'd go as low as you dare. They can only say no!

sparkle9 Mon 26-Nov-12 23:43:48

It depends on the development and how it is selling. I'm buying a new build and it's a popular site so there wasn't much to be done in the way of money off the price. However I did get estate agent fees, full packing and removal service, legal fees, stamp duty and some additional electric work thrown in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now