Best primary schools in Cambridge??

(86 Posts)
4cookies Thu 25-Feb-10 12:44:54

We'll be moving to Cambridge next fall and are trying to find out which primary schools are best. Any tips on the best areas to live in or schools for our children?

Thank you!

Fullglass Thu 05-Jul-12 11:45:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Fullglass Fri 06-Jul-12 14:11:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

washngo Fri 06-Jul-12 14:26:53

Great and little shelford school is lovely, as is the village. V difficult to guarantee a place there due to high demand. Going to church will bump you up the list though! May I recommend stapleford despite its bad last ofsted (not a true representation in many ways) as after that there are lots of positive changes being made which I think will make it a fab school. Stapleford is also a lovely community.

Gilby Tue 22-Jan-13 20:15:30

Hello. my husband has just got a job in Cambridge and my DD starts school in September. To be in with a chance of getting into the first round of school applications I need to e-mail the council in the next 2 days. We will be living somewhere near Addenbrooke's hospital. I need ideas for the top 3 schools closest to home. So far we have Morley Memorial and Ridgeway as possibles.

Gilby Wed 23-Jan-13 17:17:24

Bump?

eminemmerdale Wed 23-Jan-13 17:21:26

Morley is lovely - dd is there at the moment and ds left two years ago. Pastoral care is great, teaching is good and there are lots of diffenrent nationalities - some very transient though as there is an academic community who come and go sort of thing. No uniform and a little 'champagne leftie' but on the whole a nice school.

lilackaty Wed 23-Jan-13 19:22:03

We live on the other side of town but I think Morley sounds lovely.

eminemmerdale Wed 23-Jan-13 19:32:36

It is!

We live right next door to Addenbrooke's and dc goes to Queen Edith.

I'd look at either Queen Edith or Queen Emma as possibilities.

Gilby Wed 23-Jan-13 20:43:24

OK, after a little more webwading we've got: 1) Morley Memorial, 2) Queen Edith. Then we're stuck. Anyone know anything about Fawcett?

eminemmerdale Wed 23-Jan-13 20:53:00

Not recently, but I think it's fine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now