This is naughty and made me laugh out loud

(10 Posts)
umpity Sat 08-Mar-14 11:40:36

Apparently all true.

The D Mirror ran an item about rude street names Quoting.

Bell End, The Knob, Crotch Crescent, Cockshoot close. etc

The item suggested the names had recuced house prices. Really?

umpity Sat 08-Mar-14 11:41:35

Must have meant REDUCED

umpity Sat 08-Mar-14 12:35:53

Sorry I put this on the wrong site

BertieBotts Sat 08-Mar-14 12:38:41

I saw this too. I reckon take with a pinch of salt - they can't know that it's actually the street name which made the price lower, but clearly they've compared it with other streets nearby. But it could have just been that that house which sold had bad damp, or the neighbours were awful, or the house was much smaller than other houses etc.

Of course the name could have affected it a bit! I expect having an address like "Mount Pleasant" or "Christmas Close" or "Happy Street" is probably more appealing than "Bell End" (although the latter may cheer you up out of humour grin)

Fuzzymum1 Sat 08-Mar-14 17:50:17

My friend lives just up the road from Titty Ho - makes me giggle every time i visit.

AmberTheCat Sat 08-Mar-14 19:49:34

One of my colleagues used to live in Crotch Crescent!

DeWe Sat 08-Mar-14 19:52:43

I agree with Bertie there's one street on our estate which on the face of it has exactly the same houses as the rest of it, but the houses go for �10-20K less than the rest. There is nothing noticably different about it, and has a normal name. confused

CharlesRyder Sat 08-Mar-14 19:56:09

There's a lane in Oxford that used to be called Gropecunt Lane. Called something very boring instead now. grin

MidniteScribbler Sat 08-Mar-14 20:31:14

I refused to buy a house in the suburb of "Poowong". grin

Frikadellen Sun 09-Mar-14 19:10:16

there is a Jackass lane not far from where I live always makes me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now