Moving one child in class, but not the bully?

(30 Posts)
CatAmongThePigeons Mon 14-Oct-13 11:15:19

DS1 has had problems with a child in his class who has always made nasty comments and songs about him. He will also push him over and hit him.

DS1 told me on the way to school that he had to move class tables, as the bully was behind him and wasn't behaving.

I feel it's quite unfair to make my son move and leave the bully where he was. It seems to be punishing my DC who is the victim.

Is this norm or should I bring it up with the class teacher?

CatAmongThePigeons Mon 14-Oct-13 22:06:05

The school seems pretty reactive in terms of support, and I feel I've been pushed onto a different track from what I went in for. It may all be linked, it may not. I feel a little fobbed off.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 15-Oct-13 14:17:06

What action plan has been put into place cat? Could your sons tics and emotional state be because he's had to endure bullying for a prolonged period of time and the school seem unwilling or unable to sort it out!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 15-Oct-13 14:17:44

Sorry, meant to put a question mark at the end, didn't intend to shout blush

CatAmongThePigeons Tue 15-Oct-13 14:36:16

It's mainly ensuring that they are kept separate, more discussion in class about kindness to each other and getting some support from SENCO about DS1 and his wellbeing as well as potential issues. I did flag the links between his emotional state and tics with the increased amount of bullying, which shocked the teacher.

DS2 cried in class yesterday apparently, over the wrong pen. He's so blooming fragile at the moment, he is an emotional child, but not to that degree.

I will have to see what has happened so far, as I have a meeting after school to discuss further what is going on. Hopefully there will be positive action towards safeguarding him while he is in their care.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 15-Oct-13 14:39:28

Poor lad, I really feel for him. I was bullied at that age and can totally sympathise. Have you got someone to have him while you talk to the teacher?

I'm really surprised that these discussions with the class haven't but going on since you first raised the issue. Actually not that surprised really, the teacher seems to have her head wedged truly and firmly up her bum in the sand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now