Calling all SENCOs, how do you think the action short of strike could affect provision for children with SEN?

(105 Posts)
daftdame Sat 13-Jul-13 21:54:52

Just this really. Following on from another thread that mentioned the action I am concerned about the knock on effects for children with SEN. Only being 'allowed' to report annually does not work for this group of children. Progress needs to be closely monitored and shared with parents along with other bodies. Annual reviews, along with end of year reports, along with meetings with SALT for example. All this requires teacher input. All in accordance with SEN CoP.

daftdame Thu 18-Jul-13 20:07:23

Oops, got me there but I like the song..

Seriously in some ways I prefer a strike, equal disruption all round...

This last week, for example I have noted a number of threads, which refer to what I can only describe as 'badly written report's'. Children with SEN who have been told to 'try harder' when the difficulty is due to their SEN (which apparently has not been tackled). 'Generic comment bank' anyone?

mrz Thu 18-Jul-13 20:09:50

I can just see the MN thread about inconsiderate teachers and childcare

Speaking at the mum of a SEN child I would say SEN children have to try harder I'm afraid it's a fact of life

daftdame Thu 18-Jul-13 20:10:41

yep.

mrz Thu 18-Jul-13 20:14:12

well I'm not striking or working to rule, so our SEN children will be fine

daftdame Thu 18-Jul-13 20:16:20

Good. Even if you were I'm sure you'd make it work, somehow smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now