Workbooks

(6 Posts)
Softlysoftly Mon 05-Nov-12 10:37:41

DD is just 3 she loves doing "workbooks" which are really those cbeebies comics you can get. I think she would enjoy proper workbooks for counting/phonics, any suggestions on good ones to buy?

Meglet Mon 05-Nov-12 10:45:33

We get ours from Wilko's. They also have some in Poundland but I don't know how good they are.

WH Smith sells the slightly more expensive Carol Vorderman workbooks. I didn't want to like them but they turned out to be pretty good, they were laid out really well and explained the theory behind each exercise.

Pancakeflipper Mon 05-Nov-12 10:52:59

My pre-schooler ( just turned 4) sometimes gets the Friends comic as he likes their workbook. He also likes the Parragon Gold Stars workbooks. He's got a wipe clean Priddy book called Let's Get Ready for School, and whatever that cost it's been worth it as he gets that out a lot. I got that on Amazon.

I sound like I am hot housing him - I am not. He just loves shapes and numbers and sees his older sibling doing school work so he wants to join in. And to be honest he has co-ordinate difficulties and I think him sitting down with a pencil will help him.

choceyes Mon 05-Nov-12 11:18:15

I find the Cbeebies magazines quite good actually, helps that he likes the characters and wants to the activities based on them. I too have the Gold Star workbooks and also wipe clean ones (We buy from a discount book shop and costs about £1), he likes them all. He has only recently taken an interest in writing (will be 4 in 3 days), but likes these ones.
He also likes join the dots books.

take3 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:42:33

Schofield and Sims - they do tons. Not in colour but ours love them. Buy them from amazon once you have viewed them on the schofield and sims website. Cheaper and free postage.

lisa1968 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:15:34

have a look online-there are loads of websites that you can download worksheets from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now