Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

High BMI (over 40) before conception. Have you had problems in pregnancy?

(27 Posts)
jaykay987 Sun 20-Oct-13 13:55:24

Hi

It's very early days for me (4w+2).

However I just wanted to see if there any others out there with a really high BMI?

Obviously it'd have been preferable for me to be a healthy weight before getting pregnant but we are where we are.

I've lost some weight recently ( which probably helped me conceive). I have an underactive thyroid, so have a doctors appointment this week.

I want to ask him for a higher folic acid dose and to review my thyroid medication.

I am scared he's going to tell me off! Can anyone let know how you've been treated and if you've been scalded?

I know I'll probably be referred for consultant care and will need to have the GD test. But I dont know what else might happen that I haven't thought of.

Grateful to anyone who can help.

Sammi1986 Sun 20-Oct-13 23:55:29

And apparently I like exclaimation points!!!

Mogz Mon 21-Oct-13 05:22:55

Good point there Sammi. I've got such a limited amount of clothes I can wear now, has anyone found any plus size maternity coats that don't cost an arm and a leg? I'm thinking I might have to resort to ponchos when it gets really chilly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now