Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Breastfeeding question

(28 Posts)
CuteLittleToes Fri 06-Sep-13 22:24:24

Expecting my first child so a bit clueless...

Those of you who breastfed, did you still get bottles/breast pumps/sterilisers? Anyone got on completely without? Did you express - on what occasions and how often? Did you give your baby formula as well and why/on what occasions?

Also, do you absolutely need a steriliser, or can you somehow get by without?

Thanks smile

MummyBeerest Mon 09-Sep-13 14:16:10

I did buy a pump that came with bottles for the occasional night out. Now I pump and add breastmilk to DD's whole milk to ease her transition.

All the best! November 18th is a great birthday wink

MummyBeerest Mon 09-Sep-13 14:17:24

Oh, and meant to say, didn't buy it til DD was about 4 weeks ans bfing was established.

Teabird Mon 09-Sep-13 21:03:17

Hi I bought a bottle and a couple of cartons of ready made formula just in case. Which was a great thing as I had an emcs and my milk took 5 days to come in cue v v sore nips! ! But after that I breastfed solely for 6 months, dd wouldn't take a bottle later and I couldn't express. The pump went back to boots as did the steriliser! ! But on the plus side now weaned she does finally take a bottle! ! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now