Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

No bump at 15 weeks and really worried

(35 Posts)
FredFlintstonesSister Tue 03-Sep-13 10:05:43

I know everything is probably fine and that I am over reacting but I am 15 weeks pregnant and not showing at all. I had terrible morning sickness in my first trimester and haven't gained any weight. I'm really anxious generally at the moment, partly because I still feel so run down and exhausted, and yesterday I had to take a day off work because I was feeling so tearful and crap. Now I am obsessing about the possibility of missed miscarriage and concerned because I don't look at all pregnant. I know I need to calm down but this is my first pregnancy and I am constantly worried about things going wrong. When do people usually start showing? I am 5,5 and 8 and a half stone - dont know if this makes any difference.

Another one who didn't show until about 18/19 weeks and I hardly put on weight before 16 weeks even without morning sickness.

But I've made up for all that now grin

32 weeks and I feel like a whale!

marzipanned Wed 04-Sep-13 10:04:13

Cavort your bump pics are so reassuring! I'm 18 weeks just now and barely anything showing.

GeppaGip Wed 04-Sep-13 13:10:03

I know I am coming to the thread late but just to add to the reassurance. I am a 'looks due at 12 weeks' kinda girl, but my friend didn't pop out until very close to her due date. Until about 34 weeks she didn't look pregnant at all! envy Enjoy it - the bump gets right in the way and if I could wait until right til the end before I got a big bump I would!

DragonyOldClothCatPuss Wed 04-Sep-13 15:11:55

First PG I was wearing size 10 normal trousers at 6 months! Second PG I was in maternity trousers at 10 weeks. This time around, Im 13 weeks and have felt so rough Ive not gained any weight and actually got thinner! Don't worry. Everyone is different. As someone else said, you'll be feeling movement any day.
Im resisting a home Doppler, I don't want to make myself hysterical If I cant hear anything!
At 15 weeks, your uterus has only just appeared from behind your pelvis. If your waist is thickening then something is happening. Relax and try not to worry. x

mrsbeano Wed 04-Sep-13 15:22:24

I think its the MS and your height. You're not short so there's more room for the bump to spread out and no cake related weight gain. I was the same - I know I was definitely just looking a bit fat at 20 weeks but a bump by 30 weeks.

Weight gain was 4lbs at 20 weeks and then about 1lb a week thereafter until delivery.

Don't worry, by the time you're 35 weeks and struggling to paint your toenails, this will be a forgotten worry.

15 weeks is still a worrying time - you don't feel the baby move yet and you've not had a scan for a while and the MS that you hated has now faded - you can almost forget your pregnant! At least you should get to listen to a heartbeat at your next MW appt.

Msbluesky32 Wed 04-Sep-13 16:19:01

Couldn't visibly see mine for ages - think around 26 weeks! Really normal x

oscarwilde Wed 04-Sep-13 16:27:14

Popped at 20weeks here. 5.5ft and 8.5 stone at first conception too.

Have a look at photos of Kate Middleton - she didn't look pregnant until her last trimester.

I was a similar height and weight to you OP and didn't 'pop' until about 19w with my first. She's 3yo now smile

It's hard not to worry when you're at that stage where your MS has abated but you're not showing yet, so you've no outward signs that the pregnancy is progressing as it should. Try not to though, it all sounds perfectly normal.

SomethingOnce Wed 04-Sep-13 23:01:21

Nothing much here either until 20 weeks.

Champagnebubble Fri 06-Sep-13 09:09:50

I'm 17 weeks and short and not much there yet in my case, I think everyone is different. I had HG so I lost loads of weight so had to gain, now back at same weight so I think that can play a part too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now