Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Best bedside cot for co sleeping while breastfeeding that doesn't cost a small fortune?

(38 Posts)
FromageFrog Tue 23-Jul-13 12:33:17

I don't think I can stretch to nearly £300 for an 'arms reach', as much as I would love to.

Which one would you recommend?

tinierclanger Wed 24-Jul-13 08:36:28

Delivery from amazon.de was about 7 euro and there was a currency conversion fee as well. All in I paid £127.42. I put the page through google translate (!) and checked any important words individually but it's really very straightforward, same process as amazon uk so easy to follow.

I like the baby bay, it's great that you can get it to exactly the right height for the bed even a very low one like ours. Downside is having to buy a funny shaped mattress and sheets - I got them from baby mattresses online rather than getting the official ones. smile

PlantGirl Wed 24-Jul-13 09:32:06

I'm just using a normal cot sheet round the funny shaped baby bay cot and its fine. Haven't bought any of the specially fitted sheets.

Gonnabmummy Wed 24-Jul-13 09:50:50

We've just moved the cot into our room and put the side down, cot against wall the bed right up against that.

janey1234 Wed 24-Jul-13 09:59:47

I got an arms reach for £80 from eBay and a brand new mattress for c£60 from www.cots.ie

CheeseFondueRocks Wed 24-Jul-13 12:38:38

We also adapted the Ikea Gulliver cot. It's £60 at the moment.

If anyone needs a Amazon.de translation, feel free to PM me.

We have the BabyBay as well, but DD only fit into it for about three months! We then just bought a child's cot (turns into a bed later) and removed one side. We were lucky that both our mattress height and its mattress height were the same. I wouldn't have liked having a height difference.

<Waves at Cheese from baby names thread> I can also help with any translation issues from amazon.de.

qumquat Thu 25-Jul-13 09:48:16

With the ikea gulliver, is it likely to be the right height for the bed? Can you adjust it? Thanks!

MumOfTheMoos Thu 25-Jul-13 09:53:49

I had the troll from John Lewis, it cost £160 plus mattress and was fully Haleigh's adjustable plus on wheels and I used to wheel it around the flat to wherever we were (even into the bathroom when I was having a bath) it was fab! Also great for starting him napping in his own room as I just wheeled it in there.

MumOfTheMoos Thu 25-Jul-13 09:54:20

Obviously that's meant to say fully height adjustable!

CheeseFondueRocks Thu 25-Jul-13 14:39:00

The Ikea Gulliver can easily be adapted to any height. I have read of loads of people on here who have done it. You just have to drill 4 little extra holes. But yes, in our case, the height was exactly right.

VinegarDrinker Thu 25-Jul-13 14:51:49

Another vote for the Gulliver. We have definitely got our money's worth - DS still in his as a cot bed at 2y5m. We are doing the same with DD (3 weeks).

It has worked out the right height for our bed and we have attached it underneath with bungee cords.

mumoftwoboysS Fri 26-Jul-13 11:57:39

Ikea one sounds good but I need a small one for the space beside our bed. Just need to work on DH.....thing is we could probably borrow a moses basket for free but it's just not as GOOD!

mumoftwoboysS Fri 26-Jul-13 12:01:37

janey arms reach cots look good- can imagine in a flat or bungalow would be great but we have stairs. However I'm going to keep an eye out on EBAY as that's the way to do it, buy 2nd hand then buy a mattress to keep costs down- now just a matter of not being out bid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now