Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Uh oh slip up... Morning after pill? Tmi

(15 Posts)
MultipleMama Tue 23-Jul-13 21:14:30

I EBF on demand, neither have my dc had dummies so I'm probably just unlucky! Or lucky! Haha.

During naps and every free moment! Haha and it's twins too!

Congrats on your baby OP.

Fairy130389 Tue 23-Jul-13 21:03:41

Just call me domestic goddess. I did it in between the cleaning, baking a flan and ironing whilst my angelic baby slept on.

Seriously though, you should have seen the pharmacists face... 'So, when was your last menstral period?' Err... Funny thing...

blush

chickieno1 Tue 23-Jul-13 18:09:05

Yikes mama when did you have the time to dtd grin

Congrats on baby OP

MrsLianeB Tue 23-Jul-13 12:44:49

Take it withdrawing is never a 100% effective contraception even under 'normal' circumstances.

FreckleyGirlAbroad Tue 23-Jul-13 11:58:16

Not sure, but thanks for giving me hope we'll be back at it only 4 weeks pp.

knittingirl Tue 23-Jul-13 10:35:01

FWIW, bf is effective if and only if you meet a host of criteria, including exclusive breastfeeding on demand for feeding and pacifying, no dummies, and you know what you are looking for in terms of signs of returning fertility (eg cervical mucus). In other words, to use it you need to be taught how, just assuming that you're bf therefore infertile is a bad plan!

Fairy130389 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:51:30

Think I will to be sure. Pharmacy near me does it free anyway. Walking in with newborn for condoms and MAP has to be less embarrassing than explaining to my boss that I will be returning to work for 1 week before birt of dc2!!

LurcioLovesFrankie Tue 23-Jul-13 09:45:31

^^
Dozily's assumption is why one of my friends has an 11 month gap between numbers 2 and 3 :-)

MultipleMama Tue 23-Jul-13 09:44:04

I'd take it to be sure.

Just to note; I'm EBF my 10m twins and I'm 21w PG. BF is not that reliable in my opinion!

dozily Tue 23-Jul-13 09:33:14

I wouldn't bother. 4 weeks post partum + breastfeeding + he withdrew? No chance!

MrsHoarder Tue 23-Jul-13 09:29:12

Take the MAP. You're probably safe, but you ovulate before your first period and I'm guessing you really don't want a gap of less than a year.

phantomhairpuller Tue 23-Jul-13 09:28:39

When i went for 6 week check up, GP told me that if you're BFing it's highly unlikely you would get pregnant. I'm not convinced tho, all other advice suggests it is possible.

I gave birth 10 weeks ago and am EBF but I'm not taking any chances wink

hurricanewyn Tue 23-Jul-13 09:28:07

Take the pill - It's not worth the worry.

Lovemyprincess4eva Tue 23-Jul-13 09:23:03

Personally I would take it to be on a the safe side as you are very fertile right now x

Fairy130389 Tue 23-Jul-13 09:18:39

I gave birth 4 weeks ago... Dh and I had a bit of a slip last night... I made sure he didn't come in me... Do I need morning after pill or am I safe? No period just yet... I feel like a 15 year old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now