Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Does sex kickstart labour???

(27 Posts)
Jenjen85 Fri 05-Jul-13 16:31:03

I'm currently 40wks now an want baby out before the heat wave sets in ideally. Had an internal on Wednesday an was told that my cervix was soft an short but at the back, they could feel baby's head too. Just wondering what I can do to kick start labour?? So far I've bounced on my ball, aromatherapy oils in the bath, and eaten loads of pineapple, last resort is sex as its a bit tight down there (sorry tmi). Is this a good way to kick it off? If labour doesn't start naturally by next Tuesday then I'm booked in for induction Wednesday an I'd ideally like to avoid this (first baby)

tumbletumble Mon 08-Jul-13 10:41:22

Wow - congratulations effyzm!

HeffalumpTheFlump Mon 08-Jul-13 10:47:08

Effzym - congratulations!!! Cor there's babies popping out all over the place! Enjoy your snuggles with your beautiful new baby smile

Tumble - your post about chucking DH off made me really laugh. Your DH could probably make good money offering that service if he's that effective! I probably shouldn't be reccommending you pimp out your husband though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now