Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

PG after MC - posifrickentivity, hand holding, and smelly gush.

(998 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 22-Jun-13 07:32:55

Thread for ladies who are freaking out panicking slightly when preggy after miscarriage.
Plenty of oldies. Newbies always welcome.

VenusInfers Sun 21-Jul-13 21:51:58

Hello ladies

Glad you had a good scan jmf! Must be such a relief.

Choosing names is a fun game. DH & I both agreed we liked Alexander for a boy in our very first conversation. We then could not find a single other boys first name we both liked over the following several months. And did not agree on a girl's name AT ALL. Yet somehow DS ended up being James - after I'd texted everyone that he was Alexander confused

anda Great names on your list. That's the brill thing about a 'neutral' surname like Brown, you can go as traditional or as adventurous as you like with it as loads of names go really well with it. I second gardenWorm's point about names moving up and down the popularity list - my sister thought she was being pretty exotic when she called my DN Freya 7 years ago, but it's all over the place now. Just go with a name you love...

Chocolateteabag Sat 20-Jul-13 23:31:43
Bodicea Sat 20-Jul-13 18:30:14

Hi everyone, sorry ages since have posted.

PInk glad everything is OK. Mine has been a bit quiet too recenlty. As people say maybe it is the hot weather xxxxxxx

And congrats JMF on a little boy. My boys name is James but is her royal highness steals it I am starting to think Leo maybe.

Welcome Omri and Myrtle - sending you lots of postiveness x

I still havent bought any clothes or actually got anything yet.
I am having a nightmare getting my cot delivered. They keep sending it with half missing and now I fear they are out of stock which is really pissing me off as have missed all the good deals elsewhere. For some reason I cant seem to bring myself to buy anything else until that has arrived.

I got my mum wagon - for those remember from ages ago I was selling my lovely convertable but the first car DH came home with was a disaster and had to go ( at a loss I might add). Anyway I don't mind this one as I at least got to see it before we bought. It is not my gorgeous convertible but it will do.

It is also my brithday tomorrow so off to a lovely restaurant for lunch followed by walk round bolton abbey. Was supposed to be a surprise but they rang to confirm the booking and DH answered on speaker phone in car. He was a bit gutted but I am pleased as was hoping we were going there.

fluffandnonsense Sat 20-Jul-13 16:56:05

Got my 12 week scan next Friday and feel physically sick. I'm horrible to be around as I'm so miserable. I'm moping and have stopped going out during the day. I'm so worried its all gone wrong again sad We saw a heartbeat at 8+2 weeks but now I just feel like I have even more to lose confused

omri Sat 20-Jul-13 15:52:32

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. Bought a little 0-3 months white babygro today for myself just to make it more real. I am pregnant today smile
dying for my precious Saturday coffee with the paper here but afraid to do anything that could add to risks. Hmmm decaf will have to do. Ugh.

Saw a granny in the shops chatting nonsense to her gorgeous chubby 9month old grandson in his buggy. Brought a tear to my eye. I reeeallly want my baby!! Please may everything go ok this time round for all of us.

And yes dp still away with ds - don't know how to break the news but have decided to definitely wait til he's back and not do it over the phone! Heehee! Have early scan booked for 3 days after he comes home smile

We only have seven posts left here girls, is there a new thread yet?

ChristineDaae Sat 20-Jul-13 09:50:00

Omri, Myrtle and thunder, congrats on your BFPs! Omri have you decided how to tell your DH?
Jmf congrats on your little boy! How exciting!
Always on phone or iPad so can't copy and paste but in case anyone wants to add me

Christinedaae - 1DD, 1MC, EDD 25th Jan, anomaly scan 6th Sept

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 20-Jul-13 09:37:33

Ooh congrats on the boy, jmf! I kind of think mine might bf a boy but not allowed to find out at scan unless I persuade dp!

And welcome omri :-)

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 20-Jul-13 09:35:18

Glad all is well pink!

Congrats and welcome myrtle. All normal feelings- hope all is well with the spotting etc xx

I totally can't remember who else saud what... Bloody baby brain! On phone so not easy to scroll up.

have a lovely weekend all!

Hi all

Thank you so much for the kind comments and hugs. It's been hard to keep busy with zero energy but I'm back to my steady Eddie taking one toilet trip day at a time today.

jmf congratulations! Fantastic news. I really like simple names like Billy and Peter but I've learnt that not many people seem to agree with me including OH

pink thank goodness all is fine. You don't need scares like that!

<hands round jugs of water to everyone>

Chocolateteabag Fri 19-Jul-13 23:34:08

Evening all - nearly filled the thread I see!!

Hi Myrtle congrats on you BFP and Hope you can get a scan soon next week to put your mind at rest.

1 week to go until my 20w scan - we will try to find out the colour as DS already thinks he has a sister confused
Our names are Rupert (after RCB - yes really!) or Georgina, but I can always change mind I guess.
I also love Evie/Evangeline, Valentina, Serena, Sophia, Christina and Vivienne. For boys, Edward (Ted or Teddy or Bear) Tristan, Ranulph, John or Christopher.
Friends have Wilfred, Florence, Walter and Mariella

BumpKitty Fri 19-Jul-13 23:26:15

I took a call at work this week from a teenager called Winter, spelt Wintia?! I won't be using that one! How annoying constantly having to spell it and say it's pronounced Winter (when it really can't be!).

BumpKitty Fri 19-Jul-13 23:23:45

*eaten

BumpKitty Fri 19-Jul-13 23:22:57

congratulations jmf i bet you are elated. My boy's name has always been Benjamin - I know there are loads but I just love it. Baby boys I know.. Max, Thomas (lots of these), Arlo, Charlie, Ethan, Aiden.

When I was pg with DD I really liked Matilda but DH didn't, now he is keen on it but I'm not sure. I think I will give the baby my mum's name as a middle name (Rosemary) so I need something to go with that.

ibip ahh what a stress, so pleased she was just being a monkey. My chidminder was due yesterday and she had had to go in three times in the last week for reduced movement (they were going to induce her on Wed but I haven't heard anything). I think it is the heat. I have just ate half a box of matchmakers and the baby seemed to enjoy them! they should be prescribed on the nhs really smile

anda I like all your girl names, but love Elodie. It sounds better with your surname than mine though.

Pentagon Fri 19-Jul-13 23:12:57

yay, great news ibip!

according to KM's mum, the baby will be a Leo (?!?!) so we can expect it after the 22nd (or is it 23rd?) No idea how she can be so certain that it won't happen this weekend...

LuckySocks13 Fri 19-Jul-13 23:07:07

Takes a sip of water as too hot and don't want to end up in hospital!

LuckySocks13 Fri 19-Jul-13 23:06:17

Glad all is well IBIP smile
Congrats on the boy JMF. My DS is a James. Also love Edward, Harry and Sebastian.
I reakon the royals going to pinch my girls name! Hope not as we won't use it then as will get too popular in sure! Where is that baby anyway ;)

IBelieveInPink Fri 19-Jul-13 22:51:47

Back at home already. Little Madam is clearly just trying to add to the stress. All fine, she has just turned to face my back. And apparently loads of people have been in because of the heat, advise is to drink buckets! Thanks for all the good wishes. smile x

shellsocks Fri 19-Jul-13 22:14:43

anda you only need two names and you've got them grin top ten doesn't matter at all smile My DS is Harrison and I've loved that name since I was young but now it's popular and it didn't enter my head not to use it!

Hey pink hope everything's ok...always best to get checked out x

GardenWorm Fri 19-Jul-13 21:57:19

IBIP Hoping you are sat in hosp listening to Bubbs with a big smile as I write. Thinking of you xxxx

Anda it's funny isn't it that had never crossed by mind but I'm a hippie at heart so love flower names, current fave is Iris!

Pentagon Fri 19-Jul-13 21:50:06

thanks shell! x

ibip I'm sure the baby will start kicking away as soon as you get to the hospital. But it's better to get checked out and have some reassurance so you're doing the right thing by going. Let us know how you get on!

andadietcoke Fri 19-Jul-13 21:12:58

garden they make me think of dead flowers - eg Lily Brown = Brown, half dead Lily

ibip maybe they're just been lazy in the heat. Sure you'll be fine, and you'll get instant reassurance when you get there. Let us know how you get on xx

IBelieveInPink Fri 19-Jul-13 21:06:53

Oh balls. Baby has been super quiet today, so called midwife hoping for reassurance. Now have to go in for monitoring. This can't be good can it. sad and DH away. Balls.

GardenWorm Fri 19-Jul-13 20:58:02

Oh and why no flowers? Flowers go with Brown!

GardenWorm Fri 19-Jul-13 20:56:55

Congrats Jmf! grin

Hey Thunder hope you are feeling a bit chirpier? If not hopefully tomorrow will be a better day (I always feel a weight off my shoulders the morning after if I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps)

Anda I wouldn't put too much on the Top 10, in 2011 our DD had a name that wasn't even Top 50 but looked the other day and it's now virtually Top 10. Pick a name because you love it as you never know how popular it will become (although I would have a Royal back up plan in case they pick your fave smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now