Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Travel insurance for uk holiday?

(4 Posts)
PseudoBadger Thu 23-May-13 22:15:22

We are going on holiday within the uk when I will be 30 weeks. I'm the driver (DP doesn't drive), and we are going to an island that is close to shore but only accessible for 4 hours a day. I'm starting to panic a bit!

What sort of travel insurance do I need and what are my chances of getting it for 30wks pregnant? I am clueless as we never go on holiday...

Bunnylion Thu 23-May-13 22:55:04

I don't think you need it as you'll be within the UK so still covered with the NHS.

AlohaMama Fri 24-May-13 00:54:57

You only need insurance to cover any costs that you are worried you might incur. Anything medical you should be covered by NHS, if someone needs to come and rescue you I'm assuming that would be carried out by a voluntary organisation so wouldn't incur cost. I'd only get insurance if you are worried about being unwell and being unable to go, meaning you might want insurance to pay out for the cost of the holiday. In which case compare prices online and then just call to confirm that pregnancy is not counted as a pre-existing medical condition. Have fun!

PseudoBadger Fri 24-May-13 06:06:06

Thank you that's very helpful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now