Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

What was your craving? Am disgusted by mine but my god they are lovely!!!

(209 Posts)

Richmond sausages. God know what is in them and god the fat that comes out of them but I could eat a dozen in a heart beat !!

Mr Richmond, ship them my way please.

Anchovies with ds
Liquorice and KitKat with dd

orangeandlemons Sun 21-Apr-13 17:16:55

Ds: white chocolate, milk
Dd: cucumber, lettuce, cream crackers, sparkling water. Am sure that was all I ate in the last trimester.

With both dc I loved the smell of dust, tar and creosote. I used to stand in the cellar sniffing or inhaling roadworks

PistachioTruffle Sun 21-Apr-13 17:26:30

So far, ice cold 7up in a can, and runny egg yolks blush

rachywhite83 Sun 21-Apr-13 18:11:58

carrots apples and toast with marmite !

Luciferswench Sun 21-Apr-13 18:15:52

cheese strangles grin has to be dairylea too currently oh and sour cream with various veg for dipping. I hate cheese strangles. Had a craving for milk i dont like milk either. I drank a pint and half the other day whilst everyone looked on bewildered.
Beetroot pickled in spirit not malt vinegar with everything if possible.
Beef crisps seabrook are the favourites.

Im currently 17 wks not looking forward to other cravings if the dairylea and milk are anything to go by.
My other 3 pregnancies werent too bad for cravings.

Yvonney Sun 21-Apr-13 18:19:27

Pihigh - its ready salted chipsticks for me too! I get them from the Co-op ;-)

Yvonney Sun 21-Apr-13 18:20:05

Pihigh - its ready salted chipsticks for me too! I get them from the Co-op ;-)

Growlithe Sun 21-Apr-13 18:23:11

Those Frijj milkshakes for both pregnancies. I can't stomach anything milky when not pregnant. Guessing the babies needed calcium.

megarobotdiscoparty Sun 21-Apr-13 18:30:52

Cheese cheese cheese - I leave a trail of babybel wrappers wherever I go. Milkshakes. Icecream. DH is vegan so was practically dairy free before I got pg- goes to show your body craves what it needs.

(doesn't account for all the chocolate though....sigh)

MoodyDidIt Sun 21-Apr-13 18:35:09

cheese. KFC. chippy fish and chips with lots of salt and vinegar blush

i try not to give in to them much as i'll end up size of a house grin

Frostyfoxy Sun 21-Apr-13 18:36:16

I craved my DH's homemade chilli con carne. I didn't actually realise it was a craving until I drove to the supermarket and bought just red kidney beans as we had the other ingredients but not them!

Before I knew I was pregnant I started drinking coffee, I didn't like it before and then a few days after the positive pregnancy test I went right off it again and couldn't even stand the smell of it anywhere near me!

olgaga Sun 21-Apr-13 18:42:24

I had caesar salad on 8 out of 10 days when I was around 5 months. Couldn't face it again for two years.

Used to fry fresh mackerel (served with apple sauce) regularly before pregnancy, couldn't stand the smell of it cooking when pregnant.

Have never cooked it since - 12 years later I still couldn't.

MoodyDidIt Sun 21-Apr-13 18:43:18

oh and lemon and lime fizzy pop, been getting through loads of it

:S

blueshoes Sun 21-Apr-13 19:14:39

Red meat - had to have it! I was having a boy.

takingachance Sun 21-Apr-13 19:19:00

Branleuse that is pretty strange!! Can imagine most cravings - but not sponges!!

SomethingOnce Sun 21-Apr-13 19:24:26

Is bath sponge not a type of cake? shock

SomethingOnce Sun 21-Apr-13 19:25:14

As in Bath, the place?

mouseymummy Sun 21-Apr-13 19:25:23

With dd1 it was pickled beetroot dipped in mint sauce :-/ odd but my God it was lush!
With dd2 it was something dh named the god burger, a really cheap square sausage with shed loads of cheese in a t cake. It set my heartburn off so had to avoid... I had one the other day, vom!!

With this pg, salt and vinegar crisps and fruit... Especially melon and grapes. I buy 2 melons a week atm.

DXBMermaid Sun 21-Apr-13 19:28:47

Starbucks caramel frappachino's! Also mango, baby carrots, mars ice cream and cakes.

Can not stand steak and other red meat. Olives taste weird too and not too keen on eggs either.

First 8 weeks - coke of all varieties and brands i just neeeeeded coke

From 8 weeks - mcdonalds hmm i don't even like it but the satisfied almost orgasm sound i make when eating it tells a different tale!

YoniRanger Sun 21-Apr-13 19:32:29

I drank litres of Lilt and ate bananas all day.

I like neither!

PhieEl06 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:35:52

Pop tarts, orange juice, salt & vinegar crisps, malted milk biscuits, orange lucozade & now it's cheap orange ice lollies oh & peri peri mayo on everything!

Pickled stuff. Predominantly gerkins, pickled eggs ans sauerkraut. Also those Wierd hoy dogs that are in jars in brine.

Oooh orange fanta now and again too i go through a day or two of obsession then hate it again.. this dc is doibg my head in!

Dd1 was coffee and brown sauce on toast also spicy indian curries.

Ds was chocolate <which i would throw up straight after eating> scrambled eggs <i can barely eat them since> oh and smoked sausage and chips mmm i still love that grin

Obvs dd2 is my pp

ExRatty Sun 21-Apr-13 19:56:00

Pears. Hundreds and hundred of pears.
No interest before and after

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now