Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Breastfeeding while pregnant: support thread?

(34 Posts)
carcassonne Sat 16-Feb-13 18:52:08

I thought there was one but I can't find it.

Anyone else breastfeeding while pregnant. Currently in the 1st trimester and breastfeeding my just turned 3 y.o. Hurting like hell. Need hands to hold!

RainbowsFriend Sat 02-Mar-13 18:32:51

Just starting to get sore nipples on latching/unlatching now at 6 weeks - also REALLY suffering with morning evening all day sickness - which is hard to cope with after a day's work and with an active toddler. I find it much worse if DD has had a bad night's sleep - and so when I'm more tired.

Midori1999 Sat 02-Mar-13 23:52:47

Sorry to hear that Rainbowsfriend. I have just started getting pain on latching too. It's making me dread feeding a newborn a tiny bit, as I was in agony for weeks with DD and feeding her is so easy now, I think it's like labour, you forget a bit what it was like. grin

I haven't worked out how I am going to feed two DC yet as I only feed DD from one side due to recurrent mastitis in the other side, which then caused problems with my breast implant in that side, which has lead to the skin being quite tight due to swelling and I am not sure a baby could even latch on that side now. I think I could express from there if I had to though. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything done about it whilst still breast feeding. I'm sure we'll work it out though.

Oodsigma Sun 10-Mar-13 13:45:48

Had ds on Thursday! Home yesterday (c-section) and did a joint feed this am which was interesting and not to be repeated in public! Worked ok though as dd3 could latch herself and I sorted ds. She keeps telling him what to do and when to swap. Did do some long feeds with her yesterday as she was making sure she still had her place I think

Oodsigma Sat 16-Mar-13 18:12:58

Just thought I'd update on how we are going. Doing lots of tandem feeds as dd3 feeling v insecure. Trying to keep them in bed as we don't seem to fit on the settee although we just did some sort of double decker cradle hold!

Dd3 is really helping with the enforcement though grin

Oodsigma Sat 16-Mar-13 18:13:15

Engorgement!!!!

stuffthenonsense Mon 18-Mar-13 11:47:16

Hi, I'm pregnant and feeding my 2.9 yr old and my 12 month old This could be fun.
Oodsigma how's it going?

Oodsigma Mon 18-Mar-13 11:56:52

Respect to you there stuff two feels hard enough!

Going ok apart from dd3 being quite demanding and hasn't been eating much in favour of milk. She is learning to wait though so hopefully she's getting the hang of it.

MyThumbsHaveGoneWeird Mon 18-Mar-13 15:45:49

I'm 7 weeks and feeding DS who is 2 and 3 months. I'd like him to self wean but can see myself tandem nursing if he doesn't because he is a real mummy's boy and I don't want him to feel pushed out by the new one. It really hurts when he latches on now, which has been the final push I needed to night wean. I think he was totally ready for that because it took 1 night of protest and then he was fine, and he is now sleeping and eating better. It makes me wonder if I should gently try to wean him in the daytime too, but I don't know how...

Hello ladies.

I'm almost 9 weeks pg and feeding DS who is 2.3 years. He only feeds at bedtime and most mornings, sometimes at nap time, but ouch, it's getting pretty uncomfortable on latching. It's fine during the feed.

Have always quite liked the idea of tandem feeding. Seems a nice way to keep him feeling safe in the knowledge that baby hasn't 'taken' his milk. Don't see him self-weaning even when my milk changes to colostrum, but we'll see! He's a total boob monster and would feed more often if I let him! We only night weaned him 3 months ago - hence the sudden rise in fertility and subsequent pregnancy! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now