Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

'I was up a step ladder painting the week before x was born', ' I worked right up to my due date!'

(85 Posts)
smiler389 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:44:32

Well good for you but I'm shattered and can't seem to manage changing the bed! Anyone else feel like this at 17 weeks?

I'm 28 weeks+ and there have probably been about six or seven days this while pregnancy when I have actually had energy. And yes, changing bed sheets seems like doing the 1000m in the Olympics at the moment. I do the pillowcases and DH does the duvet covers grin

recall Wed 06-Mar-13 22:07:05

I worked up to my due date with my second and third because I work for myself and needed the money. It was a fucking horrendous nightmare, lots of sweat and braxton hicks.

I remember I had to drive up to Manchester to meet a customer, about a 4 hour journey. I felt drowsy, so pulled into the Motorway Services to have a little nap. I woke up 4 hours later grin

I carried a big rug from ikea all the way home on public transport when i was 37 weeks....not that i wanted too!

But i didnt have a car and i didnt want to pay for a cab.
The next day i went to hospital for reduced movment and was immeadiately admitted and induced two days later.

Relax put your feet and dont listen to any one brew

LouiseD29 Thu 07-Mar-13 06:27:11

Just seen this thread again and it made me smile as I am 17 weeks now and tried to change the bed last night. I did so much huffing and moaning over it and DH was doing most of it!

SanityClause Thu 07-Mar-13 06:32:23

I worked right up until the birth and was back again within days of giving birth. Why? I am self employed, and had no choice!

MortifiedAdams Thu 07-Mar-13 06:55:15

From about 25 weeks my working day involved slacking off 15mins early so I could beat the traffic and be home for 4.15 (when on an early shift) where id get straight into bed and sleep til dh got in at 5.30. Id be up for tea and a bath and then straight back to bed til morning. I was so so tired. THankfully I have a desk job and 15min commute, however did shift work so often finish at 11pm and sometimes back at my desk for 7.30am.

I worled til 38wks but that was due to having no annual leave left and the worst thing was training my replacement. She was with me from 32 weeks and I had to be so so switched on and with it on days when I just felt barely able to clear my intray.

Next time.im taking alllllll of.my.AL in the six weeks before ML starts at 38wks. Not that im.og or even ttc I just feel v.strongly!

MortifiedAdams Thu 07-Mar-13 06:57:16

The worst pains for me was my ribcage. It felt like it was going to be sbapped apart, and it still hasnt gone back to where it was. I used to fantasise all day about fetting in and taking off.my bra

ButteryJam Thu 07-Mar-13 09:42:10

I've requested leave at 37 weeks but now I'm thinking of changing that to 33 weeks. I'm just worried I might regret it as I may get bored, but I'm so tired, I feel it's unfair to do half hearted work (I work mainly from home). Any advice folks?

smiler389 Thu 07-Mar-13 18:25:42

Oh no I really didn't mean for this to sound bitchy, I hoped it would be obvious that I'm jealous and in awe of women who work late in their pregnancies. Since I started this post I've been put under consultant care because of placenta prevea:-( mw has advised me to take it easy and be prepared for c section so I am rethinking my plan to work to 39 weeks. Although I do have much more energy at 22weeks I am finding work really tough and don't want to risk any bleeding.

Anyway thanks for talk the posts, as always puts just good to hear other folks' experiences :-)

I've not been at work since 16 weeks pregnant due to SPD and bleeding I'm 36 weeks now and really struggled this pregnancy .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now