Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Funny pains in very early pregnancy

(31 Posts)
DanniiH Thu 31-Jan-13 11:34:33

Hi mummies,

I am wondering if anybody has experienced the same feelings that I'm having. I am just over 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and 3 days before my af was due I started to have implantation spotting, this lasted 6 days and was accompanied by mild period like cramps. The last 2 days I have had no spotting or cramps but now feeling an achey throbbing sensation in my uterus. Been to docs but they can't check anything as it's too early. Had no symptoms at all with my ds.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had this, I'm so excited as been ttc for 8 months but don't want to get my hopes up in case something is wrong.

Thank you xxx

Thats brilliant news DanniiH sorry hun i just came across it as well :/ not ment to alarm anyone its very surprising they don't disclose this stuff when you talk to the midwifes/docotrs xxx

DanniiH Fri 08-Feb-13 12:59:52

Had a call from my dr and my hcg levels have more than doubled! Honestly the relief is massive, I actually feel lighter! x

DanniiH Fri 08-Feb-13 10:43:45

Oh my god just had a quick look in to it and that's really scary! Maybe if I have this scan I won't bother with the 12 week one! Seems like the 12 week one is bang in the middle of the riskiest time to do it! I'll see how I feel once I get the blood results. I wish you hadn't pointed that out, now I can't be blissfully ignorant! x

I would but i read 3 papers on the dangers of ultrasound in midwifery today so i decided i wont get any unnecessary ones i will just have to get over the worry xxx

DanniiH Thu 07-Feb-13 09:22:28

So far so good! I can't imagine how it must have felt waiting all that time I really feel for you! You must keep me up to date with your progress. You could try for an early scan next week too. My friend got one because she'd had a blighted ovum miscarriage. She just told them that she was paranoid that there was no baby again and needed reassurance. Luckily all was perfect and she finally has her little boy. x

Boobs hurting is good that was my major sign with my wee boy, I don't have that this time sad but I am feeling sick and I slept most of the day today ooops! I have everything crossed for you DanniiH I am not going to lie im scared so much i desperately want it to stick xxx

DanniiH Wed 06-Feb-13 22:12:53

Thanks thefalconmistress. Yeah sounds like you're just being paranoid but after a mc and trying for so long I can't blame you. I've got everything crossed for the both of us that all is nice and normal. I'm still having this bloody brown goo but the more people I speak to the more people tell me they had it too so it is helping to put my mind at rest. Got 2nd bloods tomorrow then doc said she'd ring epu when I go in on Monday. Once I see that there is something there in the right place I'll relax about it all I think! My boobs hurt a lot too so that's a good sign! x

They were super dark purple danniiH one of my best friends had bleeding the whole way through her first trimester she is now 28 weeks i would not worry xx dont take the hcg as gospel though not everyones exactly doubles either, sending good vibes xxx

DanniiH Tue 05-Feb-13 13:23:28

Hi thefalconmistress.

I have just had a blood test and will have another on Thursday to see if my hcg levels are doubling so fingers crossed that's ok. I'm seeing the doc on Monday for results and she is going to call epu then as it's too early just now. By then I'll be 6+2 so should be able to see what they need to by then. To be honest I think just the blood tests will put my mind at rest if they show the right results so just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Honestly most people I've spoken to think it sounds really normal. I've got a friend who's a dr and she said it sounds normal and I've got a friend who had brown spotting for the 1st 3 months with her 2nd and he's a very healthy 1 yr old now.

I think I just need to relax about it and see what happens.

Sounds to me like you've got very strong pregnancy symptoms and you can't get a false positive pregnancy test. If the line however faint has colour it's positive! x

Hi everyone smile

danniiH could you not phone nhs direct they may help you get an early scan to reassure you if your spotting its what i would do.

I feel goo worrying about everything but beginning to relies there is no point if the worst is going to happen it will, I still occasional wonder if all my test were a bad batch and im pregnant at all! stupid considering my cervix is super high periods late boobs have doubled in size and I am getting bouts of nausea oh and the 3 bfps!! but i think i wont be "OK" until im like 20 weeks with a bump and I know it will definitely happen stupid i suppose!

Thanks for the positive vibes MissyTJ right back at you!

MissyTJ Mon 04-Feb-13 09:45:20

Sending positive vibes to all of you today! Xx

DanniiH Mon 04-Feb-13 08:29:27

Hi all, just a quick update. My cramps stopped for a few days then started again yesterday and got a bit more brown spotting too. Don't know what to think so totally understand being nervous!

On the subject of telling family and friends we told everyone over the weekend, we told everyone early with ds too as I'm a big believer that if miscarriage does happen then you need people to know why you're miserable and support you through it. Someone I know had a miscarriage and that's when we found out she was pregnant so she may aswell have told people before that.

Hope everything is going well for everyone! x

I'm a nervous wreck tbh but i think i am ok, got to the smell point anything remotely whiffy and I am retching its horrid and my boobs even though they are not sore have doubled in size im only in my 5th week its random!!

MissyTJ Sun 03-Feb-13 16:04:22

Good for you thefalconmistress I hope you're doing brilliantly. :-)

I was not going to tell anyone but i felt like i had nothing to feel ashamed of if i lost been again and i wanted my friends and family around me this time for positive support so i have told everyone it feels good and makes me feel like it will happen for me this time iykwim xxx

MissyTJ Sun 03-Feb-13 12:06:49

Hey judy82 and daisy - it's so nice to have reassurance that others are going through the same! I suddenly understand why these sites are so important. Obviously I can't tell anyone for another 8/10 weeks and would go insane not having anyone to share this with, so grateful for mumsnet! Lol! I think we'll all be fine, I think everyone worries. I'm going to just make sure I rest, do gentle exercise and eat well (I'm making my favourite home made chicken soup later, pure comfort food but full of goodness!) :-D

Judy82 Sun 03-Feb-13 10:48:15

Hi, I'm feeling just like you MissyTJ. I found out I'm pregnant last weekend and am 6weeks. I'm switching constantly between being excited and really nervous that it'll all go wrong. Really hoping the next 6 weeks go by quickly so I can relax a little bit and enjoy a bit more. I had a tiny ut of spotting four days ago which was worryng but nothing since. Also getting some tugging, mild cramps.

daisygatsby Sun 03-Feb-13 10:25:10

I just found out I'm pg this am. Have done two tests and still don't believe it. I had period like pains a couple of days ago and this morning am having cramps. Im pretty sure I had them last time too, but its so hard not to worry

MissyTJ Sat 02-Feb-13 16:45:55

Hi guys, I'm a new member, I literally just found out this morning that I am pregnant, I was due my period yesterday and although we haven't been 'trying' we were gearing up to try 'properly' in Feb. I took the test mainly to re-assure myself I could go out tonight and drink (obviously, not doing that now!). When that little line showed up I just couldn't believe it so OH ran out and got a digital test which said pg 2-3 weeks pretty much instantly. I am on the one hand, so thrilled, but I feel like I can't really accept it yet, I'm just terrified something will go wrong, it seems too easy and far too early to get attached, does that make sense? I still feel like I'm getting my period, I feel bloated, constipated, my boobs are sore (but not swollen like normal pms) and I keep getting cramp style pains and weird stabbing pains in my uterus and also 'down there'.

My mother suffered five miscarriages in a row when I was a teenager and I just think I feel very vulnerable, but I know worrying will definitely make things worse. I guess, I just want to know if anyone else is feeling the same and if its normal to not be bouncing off the walls but want to just wrap yourself in cotton wool until you know everything is ok? I hope the worry eases off, my OH is utterly ecstatic and I keep wanting to tell him to calm down until we hit 12 weeks which feels mean!

Anyway, congratulations to everyone else on here newly pg, I hope you are all doing amazingly! :-)

I have major constipation! have had for last week and a half try not to worry if its more in your lower back and stabby then thats more of a worry but your tummy and womb will be doing a lot of changes lbentley

Hope everyone else is doing fine brew

lbentley Sat 02-Feb-13 07:09:44

Hi all, new to this (mumsnet and pg!) am nearly 7 weeks and been having really painful cramps no bleeding, for a week. Had scan at epu and all is well in there. Dr told me pain cud be caused by a (normal) cyst in ovary that produced the egg leaking fluid into uterus, all to support pregnancy. Should go away by week 7. I think it might be constipation pains though? Anyone else this in early weeks?

Yeah it totally will but its pretty awful i never had any of this till 9 weeks with my ds every pregnancy is different!

DanniiH Fri 01-Feb-13 15:17:26

God this is just the start! Doesn't help that I started with a stonking cold yesterday so had a bad nights sleep! Nevermind it'll all be worth it in 9 months! x

danniiH i am the same i get worry when its gone then boom a wave of nausea hello!!! feeling really sick now and only just 5 weeks! xx

DanniiH Fri 01-Feb-13 07:51:18

Aww thanks everyone! I'm reassured by all of your replies.

On another subject I've just woken up and literally feel like I've got a hangover! Sickly, headache and every other symptom you can imagine! I think it's payback time for having such an easy time of it with my 1st!

xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now