Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Funny pains in very early pregnancy

(31 Posts)
DanniiH Thu 31-Jan-13 11:34:33

Hi mummies,

I am wondering if anybody has experienced the same feelings that I'm having. I am just over 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and 3 days before my af was due I started to have implantation spotting, this lasted 6 days and was accompanied by mild period like cramps. The last 2 days I have had no spotting or cramps but now feeling an achey throbbing sensation in my uterus. Been to docs but they can't check anything as it's too early. Had no symptoms at all with my ds.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had this, I'm so excited as been ttc for 8 months but don't want to get my hopes up in case something is wrong.

Thank you xxx

Boobs hurting is good that was my major sign with my wee boy, I don't have that this time sad but I am feeling sick and I slept most of the day today ooops! I have everything crossed for you DanniiH I am not going to lie im scared so much i desperately want it to stick xxx

DanniiH Thu 07-Feb-13 09:22:28

So far so good! I can't imagine how it must have felt waiting all that time I really feel for you! You must keep me up to date with your progress. You could try for an early scan next week too. My friend got one because she'd had a blighted ovum miscarriage. She just told them that she was paranoid that there was no baby again and needed reassurance. Luckily all was perfect and she finally has her little boy. x

I would but i read 3 papers on the dangers of ultrasound in midwifery today so i decided i wont get any unnecessary ones i will just have to get over the worry xxx

DanniiH Fri 08-Feb-13 10:43:45

Oh my god just had a quick look in to it and that's really scary! Maybe if I have this scan I won't bother with the 12 week one! Seems like the 12 week one is bang in the middle of the riskiest time to do it! I'll see how I feel once I get the blood results. I wish you hadn't pointed that out, now I can't be blissfully ignorant! x

DanniiH Fri 08-Feb-13 12:59:52

Had a call from my dr and my hcg levels have more than doubled! Honestly the relief is massive, I actually feel lighter! x

Thats brilliant news DanniiH sorry hun i just came across it as well :/ not ment to alarm anyone its very surprising they don't disclose this stuff when you talk to the midwifes/docotrs xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now