Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pains

(11 Posts)
KateDWales Fri 25-Jan-13 07:39:36

I am 22 weeks pregnant and still getting occasional crampy pains! Hope all went well at the doctors. smile

juniper904 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:55:31

From what I understand (prepares to be corrected)... AF is actual flow/ period and BFP is Big Fat Positive as in pregnancy test.

I think!

jominired76 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:15:57

Your gonna have to teach me that lingo! Ha ha AF and BFP? Whats thats? Please school me xx

juniper904 Wed 23-Jan-13 20:57:39

I'm in the same boat. 5 weeks gone with first, and lots of cramping. Was expecting AF to come on Sunday, but then got a BFP (ooh, look at me down with the lingo!)

Uterus stretching. Don't worry, it's all normal!!

The only time you should worry at this stage is if you start cramping and bleeding heavily. Good luck with dr!!

jominired76 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:55:33

:-)

jominired76 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:53:45

Ahh thank u ladies, im off to the doctors on friday for my first appointment, so will speak to her about it too. Its nice to hear im bot eing paranoid. Cheers 😃

WeeS Wed 23-Jan-13 16:27:46

Hi I'm 17 wks. I too got lots of cramp like pains. Sometimes, especially when standing up, I'd get a stabbing pain in my groin. It scared me at first too but I was told it was normal. If there's anything you're really worried about call your mw but like Scroobius said, you only have to worry really if you get bleeding. Hope that helps smile
x

Scroobius Wed 23-Jan-13 16:22:59

Hi, no need to worry I got period cramps all the time at the beginning (I'm now 34 weeks). You only really need to bother about it if you have any bleeding, having said that as always mention it to your midwife, especially if it gets really painful!

jominired76 Wed 23-Jan-13 15:42:01

Hi i am im my first 6 weeks of my pregnancy and i am experiencing period like cramps, not all the time but about 2-3 times a day. Is this normal? I find myself dashing to the loo to check im not coming on or anything. Feeling very well apart from that! Ha ha xxx

jominired76 Wed 23-Jan-13 15:37:58

Im a first time very early stage mum. I keep getting strong period like cramps, not all the time but probably 2-3 times a day. Is this normal? Im roughly 6 weeks. :-s

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now