Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

elsabel Sat 02-Mar-13 08:07:27

Definatly, i was such a nervous wreck when i saw my gp he sent me for an early scan at 7 weeks to put my mind at ease. Going through a mc changing the whole experience, sadly x

Midori1999 Sat 02-Mar-13 23:48:43

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy MrsR! smile

Neural and thefalconmistress, congratulations on your early scans! smile

Honey, congratulations on your pregnancy. It's worrying, isn't it, I'd like to e able to say something will reassure you, but it doesn't really until you have a scan or move along safely. Hopefully the time will go fast for you.

I had my early scan yesterday. They finally sorted out all my appointments, so it was an NHS one. I was also seen other joint haematology/obstetric clinic at the hospital and was really pleased with how it went and how efficient, friendly and lovely all the staff there seem, which is reassuring. They seemed to recognise all the more pregnant ladies coming in, which surprised me as I live in a city.

The scan ŵent well anyway, thank goodness! It put me at 7+1, which seems right. By dates I would have been 7+3 yesterday, but I know I didn't ovulate until after day 14, I had thought day 17/18. Anyway, the main thing is the heartbeat was there and everything is how it should be. What a relief! Of course, I'm still worried, but I feel really nauseous now and although its awful, I see it as a good sign, so I'm sucking it up. grin

congratulations MrsR grin

so glad this threads still going. Lily is 10 weeks now a smiley happy chubby cheeked actual baby who i still can't believe i finally have, i know i wouldn't have made it through the pregnancy without the ladies i spoke to here.

best of luck to you all xxx

Hi all, not posted in ages! I'm just up with my beautiful baby girl who was born on Wednesday by elective section, weighing 7 lb 5 oz. We've called her Esther. She was in scbu for a few days as she had a terrible first few hours, had to be resuscitated twice in theatre, given oxygen etc. she didn't half give us a fright. Good news is that we're all fine, I'm recovering well, a bit sore/tender, but breastfeeding is well established and we're getting home tomorrow (well, later today I suppose). Big brother is delighted with his baby sister smile

PurplePoppySeed Sun 03-Mar-13 10:09:48

congratulations backward, sounds like a bumpy and scary ride, but so glad to hear the good news. bet you can't wait to get home tomorrow.

MrsReiver Mon 04-Mar-13 12:26:34

Oh Congratulations Possom!

State has that really been 10 weeks? That has flown in! BabyReiver is doing brillantly, piling the weight on which is no surprise as he's feeding like a star. All wonderfully, blissfully happy with him. He's just fitted into our family like he was always here.

ninjasquirrel Mon 04-Mar-13 17:34:04

Congratulations backwardpossum. Esther is a lovely name (files in mental list). Glad your scan went well Midori & sending sticky vibes back to you Honey.

I am sooo tired this afternoon and I had at least 9 1/2 hours sleep last night - it's ridiculous! Still, I'm lucky not to feel sick.

MissLolita Mon 04-Mar-13 21:38:32

Hi ladies, can I come and sit quietly here for a bit please? Got a bfp yesterday after a mmc at 13 weeks on New Year's Eve. I feel slightly hysterical about everything at the moment and just seem to veer between bursting with joy and feelings of total despondency as I have this terrible feeling something will go wrong again.

Does anyone have any experience about early scan referrals on the NHS? If everything continues okay I'm going to be a nervous wreck in a couple of weeks!

I'm tormented by the thought that I was going to have a private scan at 7 weeks last time and I didn't because I talked myself out of it (we can't afford it) but it could have saved me a load of heartache. As I was 12 weeks we told our families on Christmas Day and then had to break bad news very shortly after and of course I have this irrational anger that my body let me think I was pregnant for so long when I wasn't. The scan showed there was nothing there so the pregnancy had obviously failed a long time before.

Sorry if this is rambling and shouty. I can't seem to get a grip!

X

elsabel Mon 04-Mar-13 21:57:49

Welcome misslolita and congrats on your bfp. Well i too had a mmc last year and it sent me totally nuts with anxieties this time round, i managed to get an early scan on the nhs at 7 weeks which helped alot. I think i was lucky though, i went to see my GP as was so worried and needed reassurance, he could see this and referred me to hospital for an early scan noting i had had 'cramps'. It was a bit naughty of him to do, but i was so glad he did. As if he hadnt i think id have paid anyway. Maybe you could try the same? Hope you have some luck. X

nerual Tue 05-Mar-13 20:46:30

Hi misslolita, I also had a mmc, just before christmas, such an awful experience. I think that gp's are always happy to refer you if you say that you are worrying a lot about the pregnancy. I actually got an early scan after my booking appt, as I told the midwife that I was worrying a lot due to mmc etc.

I got an early scan at 8 weeks and it did help the anxiety a bit, even though it was just a snapshot in time, if you know what I mean. I still worried until about 20 weeks. She's now sleeping on my shoulder. Got everything crossed for you misslolita

PurplePoppySeed Thu 07-Mar-13 20:29:28

Agree with everyone above, having had an MMC my doctor referred me back to the EPU this time as a precaution and they were happy to scan me early. This s all before my first MW appointment. However, every area seems to be different, but no harm in trying with your doc first.

MinkyWinky Fri 08-Mar-13 14:37:45

Hello! Creeping in to sit quietly in the corner to try and stop fretting. I've had two early MC and it's taken over a year to get pregnant again.

My GP and the EPU were lovely and I got a viability scan based on my history alone. It was lovely to see a heart beat and a wriggling sprout (8day +5), but now I'm holding out for a 12 week scan to see if s/he's still there and wriggling. Hopefully only 1-2 weeks to go... It's so lovely to hear everyone's elses success stories grin. You give me hope!

MumTumgot Sat 09-Mar-13 08:37:33

State backwards and mrs r congrats ladies on your bundled of joy grin

Lost everyone for a while as wasn't brave enough to join a 'bus' but felt awkward in the mc thread... 34 weeks now and officially on mat leave can't believe it ! Should find out Tuesday date for c section ...,
Take care all xxxx

gemdrop84 Sat 09-Mar-13 14:50:28

Congratulations backward hope you and baby are well! X

Thank you! We're doing really well. I feel great after the section and Esther is an absolute angel! So chilled out. After having a crazy first child, I keep finding myself checking that she's ok as she's so quiet!

huge congratulations backward grin what a lovely name too.

Lily is 3 months on Wednesday shock still a total boob monster and is giggling now, waving at herself and has a huge personality, and apparently very spoilt; i don't care i waited sooo long for her im going to cherish every moment!

HumphreyCobbler Tue 12-Mar-13 10:19:30

Hello

I am 8 weeks pregnant. My history is
1 missed miscarriage
1 diagnosis of Patau's syndrome at the 20 week scan
2 healthy pregnancies smile a ds and a dd
1 miscarriage at 11 weeks.

Now I am pregnant again I cannot shake off the feeling that is all going to go horribly wrong. I just feel totally depressed about the whole thing, not helped by the fact I feel so bloody ill (I felt this ill last time so don't even see that as a positive sign).

It has been lovely reading all the positive stories on this thread though. I know you all know how I feel.

I am dreading the scan so much.

Countmyblessings Tue 12-Mar-13 14:04:16

Hi all just wanted to update -
Baby count born at 37 weeks on 25/2/13 ECS! Weight 6lbs 4oz with loads of dark curly hair!!!!!
This thread has given me such strength I do hope that us who have come through will be given those who are in the early stages hope that it can work out - take 1 day at a time! Have a early scan for peace of mind and keep telling yourself " today I am pregnant" try not to stress!!!!
Loads of hand holding, sticky bean vibes, great scan results and starts of baby kicks!!!!

Good luck, Humphrey x

Count Congratulations! grin

p.s. I've put a pic of Esther in my profile if you want a look smile

Shellywelly1973 Wed 13-Mar-13 16:19:01

Beautiful...Esther is absolutely gorgeous! I've read this entire thread!

I had a MMC at 12 Wks, two weeks ago. Dp & I have decided to try again asap. I had no idea anything was wrong, it was my 6th pregnancy so my confidence in myself & body has been knocked...

At least i know what im thinking & feeling about future pregnancies is totally normal.

Your posts have helped so much- Thankyou!

PurplePoppySeed Wed 13-Mar-13 22:11:16

Congratulations Count - Brilliant news smile All this news of new babies is really starting to make it feel like it's actually going to happen!

I finally had my 12 week scan! Amazing, I've actually got a baby in there! Now I'm finally feeling a little more confident! The best part is, even though they won't date me again, it's pretty obvious from the C-R length that I am only a few days behind where I should be instead of 2 weeks behind as they said at my first 8 week scan! grin

elsabel Fri 15-Mar-13 22:04:15

Congrats to all with new babas! backwardpossom Esther is beautiful!!

Also big congrats for those who have had good scans. Hope everyones had a good week, happy weekend to you all

ninjasquirrel Sun 17-Mar-13 14:03:34

Hello all
It's quiet in here...
How's everyone else who's tiptoeing through the first trimester? 9 weeks here and still stupidly tired which has to be a good sign, no?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now