Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

AlphaBeta2012 Wed 23-Jan-13 11:51:24

Hi Neural, I used date of miscarriage, which as the final one at 6 weeks, it actually worked out perfectly and due date is precisely what I guessed it would be. I also could really feel when I ovulated so this helped. 3mcs wasn't fun but we always counted ourselves lucky in that we found it so easy to fall pregnant (every month we tried) and really felt for those who suffered losses and struggled to concieve.
Congratulations Roxy - wonderful feeling isn't it!! grin

Mrsd77 Wed 23-Jan-13 16:28:03

Hi all. So kind that you remembered today was my big day. Pleased to say that all seems well. They've put me forward a few days which was also a nice surprise so now due on August 1st.

Been worrying about screening as am 35 with a BMI of 31, but hilariously, the youngun wouldn't stay still enough for the NT measurement! That'll teach me to be too controlling! They will try again next week apparently. Scan took ages as a result and we saw a nasal bone, brain, ribs, stomach, spine, limbs and a heart. I know it's early days and all but I feel quite reassured for now.

Hi to the new folks. Fx all turns out well for you all.

PurplePoppySeed Wed 23-Jan-13 18:14:44

Hi everyone, I had a MMC found at 8 weeks in November last year, at the same time I found mumsnet and though I lurked, I got a lot of comfort from reading the pregnancy loss threads.

I started having pregnancy symptoms again from the end of December and have been reading this thread to help give me hope - finally getting my BFP on 11th Jan. its been really comforting to see some joy after such sadness especially as none of my close friends have been through a MC so can't really understand the emotions or physical 'stuff' involved!

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and have been lucky enough to get a scan booked for next wednesday which is also the first time I'll see a midwife (didn't manage to get that far last time). I know it's only 1 more week, but I'm so worried I've given myself a migraine and spent most of today on the sofa.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get through those first weeks of the unknown? What did you do to relax (if it was possible)?

Thanks in hope xx

nerual Wed 23-Jan-13 19:28:31

PurplePoppySeed, your dates sound quite similar to mine, I got my BFP a few days later than you. I also didn't really have anyone to talk to about it properly, quite a lonely experience (and I also lurked on mumsnet pages!!). I think about it constantly when I should be working, and keep taking pg tests to make sure my positive line doesn't look any fainter... am sure once we have the first scan, that it will all be a bit easier to deal with!

PurplePoppySeed Wed 23-Jan-13 20:20:09

Thanks nerual - I guess you didn't have AF between MC and BFP? I did, it came at exactly 28 days after ERPC and was fairly average, it annoyed me as I feel like ive lost another month from following docs advice! When would your originally EDD have been, mine was mid June.

I have resisted testing again as I don't want to worry myself more if it gets paler. Last time I got a BFP before AF was due, so its strength/timing doesnt seem to be an indicator of success - even so - I'm worrying! Have yours been fairly consistent? And when is your scan?

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Wed 23-Jan-13 23:52:09

hi thought I would update, scan today confirmed 12 w 3,due date 4/8 so happy all is well. though stubborn baby refused to be measured correctly for the neck fold test so have to go back on the 11th to check again.

was lying like it was in a hammock, feet crossed, arm behind head. also poor wee thing had the hiccups. I always get the hiccups as in everyday, haven't had them since I was about 6 week's though, baby taking one for the team.

still anxious but a lot less now it's a real thing, so trying to relax and hope everything goes well for me and all others in the same boat.

nerual Thu 24-Jan-13 09:34:37

Hi PurplePoppy, no didn't have AF. We asked the consultant when we could start trying again and he said just when we felt emotionally ready. I didn't want to wait, so we started trying again as soon as my PG/OV tests went negative (as I wasn't sure how soon after that I would ovulate). I don't actually have a scan booked yet; just tried to book directly with the EPU but they told me to go to the GP first, so I have an appt with the midwife at the GP tomorrow. Hopefully she will be able to book me in for an early scan somewhere, otherwise I am going to get a private one...

PurplePoppySeed Thu 24-Jan-13 12:56:20

Good news yellowsnow, sounds like a real character forming already grin

Nerual - I've got mine that way too, saw Doc on Friday 11th, had a call from EPU tues 15th. They were keen not to scan much before 8 weeks as that's where I got to last time!

I'm 7 weeks today and started feeling sick yesterday - hate it but know its probably good as I didn't get sick last time!

MrsReiver Thu 24-Jan-13 13:13:45

Hi ladies, welcome to all the newbies, I have everything crossed for you all.

How are you both doing Gem and 001?

At nearly 36 weeks I'm now more pregnant than I've ever been! Baby gave us a big fright last night and decided to just stop moving at 3pm, and that's really not usual, I'm used to much more movement than that. Fortunately a bottle of chilled lucozade and a bath helped, but we were all poised to head off to triage! So scary!

Making up for it this morning with lots of really strong movements. I'm not complaining grin

gemdrop84 Thu 24-Jan-13 14:21:22

Oh Mrsr mine seems to have done exactly the same sometimes, id get so worked up, be downing a fizzy drink in tears and then he was off, wriggling away as usual, little monkey! Very tired and sore at minute. Have home visit with midwife tomorrow and hoping she can do a sweep. Am 41wks today and feeling it. Have had quite a few twinges since last weekend. Gets quite promising but stops after a couple of hours. Very frustrating! But he'll be worth it in the end. Hope you're all well, great news on the scans and best wishes to everyone else.

Oh Gem, 41 weeks! Come on Seth you lazy boy! wink

34 weeks tomorrow... I have 8.5 working days to go...

gemdrop84 Fri 25-Jan-13 10:43:54

Well looks like we will have a baby by February, been booked in for induction on wed evening. Hoping the threat of eviction will get him shifting! grin

MrsReiver Fri 25-Jan-13 10:54:14

At least you know that one way or another, you will have a baby by this time next week grin

Just you watch, everything will get going tonight!

gemdrop84 Fri 25-Jan-13 11:16:54

Probably mrsr, due a load of snow today and tonight so midwife said don't be surprised if he decides to make an appearance! It's very exciting to know this time next week will be having lovely snuggles with my son!

nerual Fri 25-Jan-13 17:13:55

Gosh, what a day. So while getting ready for my dr appt this morning (to let them know i think i am pg and try and get an early scan), a doctor from the EPU calls me and tells me to come in as soon as I can as the results from my ERPC are back. So I head to the hospital (panicking, because they wouldn't discuss it with me over the phone and that can ONLY be bad, right?), and turns out I had a partial molar pregnancy!!

SO I tell them I think I pg, they say it could be because of the molar pg, but also say that because I had negative pg tests which are now positive, it does seem quite likely that I am pg.

SO...I get a scan, and they can see what looks like a sac, dated 4.5 weeks (only 8mm so they can't actually say anything much more useful about it other than it is likely to be a pregnancy). But good news because it is very likely that I am pg.

I have another appt for a scan on the 2nd, when hopefully they can see more, but now I'm worried because all the advice is you wait 6 months after a molar pg before ttc again...eek. They did call up the molar pg experts (based at charing x apparently) and they said I don't need to worry if I am pg, that it all should be fine. But why the advice to wait for 6 months then? There must be some risk....

phew i feel like i need a strong drink.

Fingers crossed nerual, it does sounds quite positive though! thanks

gem this time next week, love it grin

C'est le week-end! Tired... but have had a lovely week at work. I have rather a lot to do this weekend though. Loads of marking!

nerual Fri 25-Jan-13 17:34:30

thanks backwardpossum. it is generally good news but still feels like i've been through an emotional wringer today! I hadn't even looked at the stuff on molar pg before and obviously now i'm scouring the net for all info i can find.
enjoy your weekend & your marking... smile

trustissues75 Fri 25-Jan-13 18:04:22

Hi all

Can I join in? I had what I was told was a miscarriage over Christmas...only to find out 12 days later at an assessment scan that I was in fact still pregnant and had a large heamatoma. I'm 15+1 weeks now and this week I've finally had discharges return to normal. It's been a really rocky ride for various reasons - the scan showed I was more pregnant than I had thought so had actually gone 2 months without knowing I was pregnant (during which time I'd lived my usual lifestyle of enjoying my wine on a regular basis) and then over Christmas having been told by the hospital that I was miscarrying I indulged in the Christmas spirit. I had a scan last week and the sonographer said I'm worrying too much and that things like FAS were a risk in babies who had been exposed to regular amounts over the whole pregnancy etc etc and that everything looked completely fine, but I'm still bricking it for the 20 week scan.

DS1 (now 8) was such a perfect, uneventful pregnancy...with this one I feel like I'm in a dinghy on a stormy sea watching the waves come towards me waiting for the next one to capsize me.

Mrsd77 Fri 25-Jan-13 19:23:19

nerual I was diagnosed with a partial mole at 12 week scan last May. They normally get you to wait six months as for many ladies hcg can take a long time to drop which could suggest that the mole is still present.

My levels dropped quickly (within the magical 56 days that they set as a benchmark) and they were happy when I asked if I could ttc three months later. An now 13 weeks preg.

I know it's hard, but limit your googling. Much talk of cancer etc. it's scary. Lots of ladies on here seem to have been pg v early after their mole and all has gone well.

Fx for you.

nerual Sat 26-Jan-13 08:16:07

Mrsd77 I did have to stop googling pretty quicky...very hectic stories about molars online, was just a bit overwhelming. I can't believe that something that starts as a pg can end up needing a course of chemo to cure! Am feeling a bit better today, just was such a shock (on top of shock of mc last month), all was a bit much to take in.

trustissues75 - sounds like a real emotional rollercoaster you have been through! I also overindulged at christmas after my mc, I can't imagine what it would be like to find out I was still pg afterwards. Very hard not to worry even though the doctors say you don't have to....hugs to you!

trustissues75 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:20:57

Neural - I'm trying not to think about it, but it's not really working.

I don't know a whole lot about molar pregnancies but I do know someone who had a complete one and went on to have a lovely little girl not long after with no problems for mum from the molar.

001001 Sun 27-Jan-13 14:38:54

Mrsd and yellowsnow so glad scans went well, reassuring to see a heartbeat and wriggly baby on the screen!

Welcome to new people, sorry you have had the sadness of loss but we are feeling positive on this thread, I have no advice about molar pregnancies or conceiving after ERPC but lots of people on this thread do so keep asking and someone will be able to help!

38 weeks weds, bring it on!

Eek 001 so close! grin

PurplePoppySeed Sun 27-Jan-13 19:55:51

Wow, soo close, very exciting to hear of babies due any day now, nerual sounds like a crazy few days, fingers crossed for your next scan too. Trust sounds like you've had a challenging time, it's all very scary once something has gone wrong, still this definately seems to be a positive thread, I hope all the luck rubs off on us newbies too smile

I've had a very sicky and exhausted weekend, even went to bed from 4-6 yesterday! Hope it really does get better after 12 weeks - if I get that far. Scan on wednesday, hopefully after that I can start to relax.

001001 Mon 28-Jan-13 16:46:24

PoppySeed good luck for your scan on Weds, major milestone and hopefully it will give you some reassurance and you can start to get excited about the pregnancy.

Gem baby by the end of the week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now