Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

How soon did you know?

(29 Posts)
ILikeRed Wed 05-Dec-12 09:57:15

I'm potentially imagining things as I can only have conceived a week ago - and we had one chance at it! - so, odds are i'm just hoping for too much. However, I've had very noticable cramps and bloating for the past three or four days ( my period isn't due for two weeks) My breasts are sore and I FEEL like i'm pregnant. Would it be possible for me to detect conception / implantation like this or is it all psychosomatic because i'd really, really like to be...?

Fluffeh Wed 05-Dec-12 20:16:20

I didn't have a clue as I have pcos meaning irregular periods. I always got really sore boobs when my period was due sometimes for up to 2 weeks before af appeared.
My DP said he knew straight away because I mellowed and all my family were discussing it too! I agreed to poas just to prove them all wrong and there was the BFP smile.
I was around 6 weeks. The month before that we'd just been given the all clear to start trying and were warned I'd probably need fertility drugs - how wrong they were lol.

WhereMyMilk Wed 05-Dec-12 20:30:33

DD no idea till 15wks shock

DS1 just felt pregnant, did test and was!

DS2 DTD on sat night, Monday all day, metal taste in mouth all day, so just knew...had to wait 2wks before AF due to test!

rogersmellyonthetelly Thu 06-Dec-12 07:19:21

Ds I had no idea until my period was late and I tested. I did have symptoms but I had been trying so long and got my hopes up so many times I didn't dare think about it. With dd, 8 days after the deed when I ordered steak at a restaurant and ate the salad and chips and left most of the steak (unheard of for me, salad is something that rabbits like)
This time I was sure from the moment they put the embryo back, I could feel it. Sounds a bit woo I know and I'm not normally a woo person at all, but I could feel this vibration like someone else was there. Not physical at all, but very much there.
Second two times I got positive tests way before my period was due, 4 days early and 6 days early respectively.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 06-Dec-12 07:23:34

I knew before my period was due with dc2 as my cheeks were really flushed looking and I had the metallic taste, with this pg I was sick 2 days before my period was due so tested and got bfp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now