Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(987 Posts)

Before the first thread fills and locks a 2nd thread for us getting braver!

001001 Mon 03-Dec-12 10:38:34

milli I was so sorry to read your sad news. I understand you wanting to hang around on this thread, when I had my mc I hated seeing pregnant people who would have been due the same time as me but thrived on stories of people who had been through what I had and gone on to be successful. Look after yourself.

Lovely to see all the good news, reassuring that some are so near the end and will have babies by Christmas! I really want my little one to hurry up now, not that I want it to be early but I want time to go quicker if you know what I mean. There is far too much which can go wrong when I can't see it, I want to hold my baby in my arms and look ater it.

Had a worrying phone message 8pm friday from my doctor saying that the bloods taken last weds for the GTT showed signs of infection and if I wasn't feeling well to contact OOH dr immediately. I have been feeling generally unwell anyway with a cold so I didn't know what to be looking out for. As it was 8pm I could not call back and have been waiting all weekend for something terrible to happen. Have called the surgery and asked to be called back but still waiting. Just want to know what it is so I can stop worrying! Sure it is nothing but so paranoid this time round blush

pink welcome, hoping everything goes well for you. Most threads are full of people who are having or have had successful pregnancies, we have been an unlucky lot but as you can see, luck changes! Also I think people post more when they are concerned or need support, when everything goes well you don't usually need a bunch of strangers on the internet to hold your hand!

Looking forward to the impending birth announcements!

WLmum Mon 03-Dec-12 11:57:39

Hope u get some answers soon 001 and that u feel better soon too. Feet up!

AlphaBeta82 Mon 03-Dec-12 12:45:53

001 I hope they get back and reassure you soon, how far along are you now?

Pink as others have said please don't stress yourself out too much based on this thread, we are a minority of women who have either had one or multiple miscarriages, but I can understand how scary it must read to others! Chances are you will be fine. I sailed through my first pregnancy and only experienced problems this time when TTC. Congratulations on the pregnancy and it sounds like everything is going wonderfully for you, enjoy it! smile Though hand holding support on this thread is pretty amazing!

I am so reassured by having a little kicker, so even from now (almost 15wks) I am feeling him/ her regularly!

bonzo77 Mon 03-Dec-12 16:02:01

Just a quick update from the maternity day unit. Had another scan with foetal medicine consultant. Fluid even lower. She said CS this week! But is off to discuss with other consultants and neonatal department. I'm 35+2 so not horribly early. Just hoping that baby will be ok and there's nothing wrong with him. Feeling a bit anxious TBH.

AlphaBeta82 Mon 03-Dec-12 16:23:09

Oh bomzo that must be worrying but good they're keeping a close eye and ready to act. I hope they come back to you quickly with confirmation! X

AlphaBeta82 Mon 03-Dec-12 16:23:12

Oh bomzo that must be worrying but good they're keeping a close eye and ready to act. I hope they come back to you quickly with confirmation! X

WLmum Mon 03-Dec-12 16:54:39

Looks like you'll win the race then bonzo! 35/36 weeks is pretty much cooked so fingers crossed shouldn't be anything to worry about. Do they know why your fluid levels are dropping? Try not to worry and focus on those lovely first cuddles.

bonzo77 Mon 03-Dec-12 17:12:06

CS booked for Thursday morning! 50/50 chance of baby needing to go to NiCU or SCBU but ctg looks encouraging. Eek!

WLmum Mon 03-Dec-12 17:39:32

Goodness! Will be thinking of you and rooting for you little one to not need extra care, but if he/she does, it seems that you are being given good care which bodes well.

001001 Mon 03-Dec-12 17:51:37

Bonzo exciting! Nearly 36 weeks is a great start, hopefully you and baby will be home early next week together.

Dr called back, signs of infection in blood test results but not specific as to what, could be this cold or something minor like a water infection that has already passed through my system. Very stressful this pregnancy lark!

Good luck bonzo I will be thinking of you, my ds was born at 36wks and was in nicu for grunting and low blood sugars but that was down to the iugr. He was in 3 nights but the staff were amazing and we had such great support.

16 days to go for me... ARGH!

MrsReiver Mon 03-Dec-12 18:04:08

Bonzo, DH was born at 34 weeks and while he had some health issues in very early life, he's a strapping, healthy 8 year old now. He didn't need to be admitted to NICU but they kept a close eye on him. I have everything crossed for you all next week xx

MrsReiver Mon 03-Dec-12 18:04:52

Oh good grief, shut up about the royal baby already BBC!! Is this going to be it for the next 6 months?? Yaaaaaaaaawn.

001001 Mon 03-Dec-12 18:46:50

I am ridiculously excited about the royal baby blush

MrsReiver I hope you mean DS or DD otherwise you have an 8yo DH! wink

WLmum Mon 03-Dec-12 20:43:39

As a small child I had a scrapbook of pics from the paper of baby prince William! Aahhh!

How much juice is too much juice? My obsessions worse than ever, I'm getting through one of the large innocent or copella cloudly apple or orange juices a day, I'd happily drink more but dp is only allowing one in the house at a time for my own good.

MrsReiver Mon 03-Dec-12 21:01:08

LOL DS definitely. I'm happy for them, but I don't need Nicholas Witchell on my telly speculating about when the baby was conceived!

No idea State, I drink gallons too.

WLmum Mon 03-Dec-12 21:34:45

I've mostly got over my juice phase now but was drinking probably over a pint a day. As long as you're not experiencing any side effects, I'd say knock yourself out! Good vitamin c hit!

gemdrop84 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:53:29

wow bonzo, good luck and best wishes to you. Can never have enough juice state I seem to have an obsession with haribo at the minute though, not good!

bonzo77 Tue 04-Dec-12 10:08:41

Obviously it's lovely that Kate n wills are pregnant. But every family in the country who have experience of mc or still birth must be wondering at them announcing so early. Their choice I guess, but if something goes wrong it will be horribly public. OTOH if it does, maybe it will do something to make mc less taboo.

Can't believe that in 48 hrs i will, touch wood, have another baby.

AlphaBeta82 Tue 04-Dec-12 10:18:23

I'm with you bonzo, maybe with hospital admission they didn't have a choice? We all know too well how easily such happiness can turn so quickly, especially in those early days!

Best of luck for 48 hours time! How very exciting!! grin

loving the happy sroties coming together on this thread, gives hope through the sadness.x

AlphaBeta82 Tue 04-Dec-12 10:18:51

Sorry was meant to say stories not sroties!

WLmum Tue 04-Dec-12 11:28:41

I thought exactly the same bonzo. 48 hours! Squeal!

I hoping the goodness in the juice helps wash down the peanut butter chocolate bar obsession blush reeces and the giant kitkats are my favourites ha!

I thought Kate was about 12wks, I'm sure I read that somewhere, obviously that doesn't even mean your safe as we all know.

Ah bonzo 48hrs!! Good luck! 15 days for me seems stupidly close.

SwanseaMum Tue 04-Dec-12 13:45:43

Yay bonzo proper excited for u. My dc2 was born via ecs at 36 weeks no scbu needed so hopefully it will be the same for u xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now