Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

8 weeks and no "morning" sickness - is this normal?

(31 Posts)
Rainbowshine Wed 20-Jun-12 21:11:17

Hi everyone

I am 8 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) and apart from not fancying cheese (very unlike me) and some changes in my appetite I have not had any nausea or sickness at all. I've just felt totally tired out and needed the loo every 5 minutes.

Is it "normal" not to have sickness? Am I just really really lucky and should keep my fingers crossed that "morning" sickness doesn't appear in the next few weeks?

Thank you for any thoughts.

RancerDoo Wed 20-Jun-12 21:12:31

Yup, normal. Some of us are just made that way.

MirandaWest Wed 20-Jun-12 21:12:32

)

JoinTheDots Wed 20-Jun-12 21:12:53

I didn't have any sickness at all with my pregnancy (DD now 22 months old) so it can be normal smile

MirandaWest Wed 20-Jun-12 21:13:14

Argh - there was meant to be slightly more than that blush. Was saying it is v normal not to have any sickness.

Seona1973 Wed 20-Jun-12 21:14:03

I didnt get morning sickness with either of my pregnancies. I occasionally retched while brushing my teeth but that was all.

Yup-ddn't have any sickness with either of my 2 pregnancies, or any other obvious symptoms except a bit of heartburn and tiredness later on. Keep your fingers crossed! grin

Figgygal Wed 20-Jun-12 21:15:17

Yup I had none with my DS who is now 6 months old ..........it was great!! grin

Cheekychops84 Wed 20-Jun-12 21:17:31

I had bad sickness with my first but my 2nd 2 nothing ! Totally sickness free I had one day where I felt really really sick but I wasn't then it passed , guess some of us are just lucky!

Springforward Wed 20-Jun-12 21:21:02

Lucky you! Not everyone gets sick envy and I think it's pretty normal.

signet2012 Wed 20-Jun-12 21:25:09

Im 31 weeks and had no sickness at all. Suffering from heartburn now a bit but no sickness, no nausea, nothing.

smile

Rainbowshine Wed 20-Jun-12 21:29:53

Wow thank you for the replies everyone! Glad to find it can be normal! I will keep my fingers crossed that it continues then :-)

justhayley Thu 21-Jun-12 00:07:11

Don't jinx yourself crazy lady! I had no morning sickness during my pregnancy - I it sick twice once when I passed a chicken shop about 7 months and the smell made me gag and the 2nd on the table in wagamumas the week before I gave birth, and twice during labour but I don't count those as being pregnant.
Not everyone gets morning sickness if you don't your lucky it sounds horrible!

cheekbyjowl Sat 24-Nov-12 11:45:47

Hi @rainbowshine. I'm the same as you, no obvious symptoms and first pregnancy. How are you feeling now? Should i expect symptoms later?

This is the first time in my life i wish i felt more sick to make it seem more real. I've only shared the news with my husband....this is a slow 12 weeks smile

C0smos Sat 24-Nov-12 11:53:24

Absolutely no sickness or symptoms, I felt great and had the best skin ever, just lucky I guess. Had other problems with pregnancy though in case anyone thinks I'm a smug old boot!

Adviceinscotland Sat 24-Nov-12 11:57:05

I had

Pg1- terrible sickness for 9 months

Pg2- terrible nausea for 6 months

Pg3- not a single symptom (was worried at 12 week scan they would laugh at me and say there was no baby blush)

Pg4- terrible sickness for 16 weeks (now 24 weeks)

Fingers crossed you carry on the way you are smile

unillustratedmum Sat 24-Nov-12 12:05:56

No sickness or negative symptoms of any kind with my 3, also no pain relief needed during very short labours, no stitches and hardly any visible stretch marks, I consider myself very lucky and feel for women who suffer.

Worley Sat 24-Nov-12 12:11:41

I never had any mining sickness with either of my ds's either..
I like to tell people that too ;)

Kelerina Sat 24-Nov-12 12:22:47

Was for me! Am now 26 weeks and still haven't been sick. Bit of nausea at start of second trimester but only first thing in the morning and only in my kitchen! Compared to many others who suffer it really is barely worth mentioning......enjoy!!!

1st trimester I was just comically tired!

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 12:25:36

I didn't have any sickess either, just the odd wave of nausea usually in response to a smell...couldn't feed the dogs for the entire pregnancy as the smell of their food made me heave.

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 12:26:07

I would add that DP fed them...they didn't starve for 9 months!

cheekbyjowl Sat 24-Nov-12 12:40:34

This is my first day posting on mumsnet after searching for this topic. I've read some people are talking about their HCG levels in relation to having no symptoms. how do you know what your HCG levels are? On another note, also pleased to find the acronym finder on this!

ladymia Sat 24-Nov-12 12:45:18

only symptom i ever had was food aversions. i am 24 weeks now and did not have morning sickness once!

cupcake78 Sat 24-Nov-12 16:45:25

I don't like this thread! I'm so envy!

Be thankful your not sick, I'm on pregnancy no4 and am currently dying with intense day and night nausea and sickness. envyenvyenvy

Heart7 Sun 25-Nov-12 09:19:03

No sickness here either (am 10 weeks). Did feel slight nausea between 6-7 weeks but still had good appetite. Only symptoms are tiredness and sore boobs, and a few days of constipation. I had a nine week scan to check all is well and it was! Don't worry, a large proportion of people don't get morning sickness, you just don't hear about it as often. Enjoy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now