Recommend a book on potty training?

(10 Posts)
nickelbabe Sun 27-Jan-13 20:49:41
chroniclackofimagination Sun 27-Jan-13 20:45:52

Oh! Ok I'll have a look at it. Thanks for that, I assumed it was harsh.

chroniclackofimagination Sun 27-Jan-13 20:44:47

How to MANUAL. Not Manuel, obviously.

fertilityagogo Sun 27-Jan-13 20:44:19

Hi there, a friend loaned me Gina F and I had no intention of using it (was too polite to diss GF to this well meaning friend..accepted the book then tossed it aside....)

Long story short: I used it after all, it worked like a charm, and am using it again with great results with number 2. It's gentle and straightforward and not what you might expect from Ford! Really! Both trained within a week.

chroniclackofimagination Sun 27-Jan-13 20:38:00

For me, I'm looking for a how-to manuel I suppose. Drop nappies cold turkey or phase them out? Reward potty use with treats or not? Etc..

nickelbabe Sun 27-Jan-13 19:34:48

for you or the child?

for the child pirate pete's potty vook is excellent. dd is obsessed with the press button cheer.
here

chroniclackofimagination Sun 27-Jan-13 19:26:55

Bump! Anybody?

rcs19 Fri 25-Jan-13 04:48:09

Don't know about a book for parents, but I found 'Lulu's loo' good for introducing the idea to dd. There's lots of good advice online. I really worried about potty training and thought it would be a nightmare. Eventually decided just to give it a go and dd was accident free in 5 days.

eversomuch Fri 25-Jan-13 04:01:01

I'm in a similar situation: dd is 22mo & showing interest (now consistently telling me when she's made a poo; still oblivious about weeing though). I've got 12wo DS needing loads of attention, though, so will wait to get serious about training for at least another month or two, I think. Would love some book recommendations too to help prepare/strategize.

chroniclackofimagination Mon 21-Jan-13 15:07:17

Feel we should start with 28 month old DS1 and have no idea how to go about it. Only book I've heard of is Gina Ford and I don't like her methodology. I also have a 9 week old on the boob all day so quite worried, any advice gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now