Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2011 - We understand no but we choose to ignore it.

(948 Posts)
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:40

Welcome Aprilites smile

GreenFirefly Thu 22-Aug-13 10:23:30

We just use the gro clock as part of the bedtime routine to say night night to the sunshine. we haven't even attempted to get her to wait until it reappears but M is pretty good anyway. I can't recall her coming I to our room before 6am for ages.

We have a bath issue at the moment. While I was in hospital DH and has mum bathed M while she was tantruming. she's now completely refusing to get in the bath. she'll play with toys from the side quite happily but won't get in. Any ideas? DH is kicking himself for taking his mums advice to bath her anyway.sad

Is today when Jolly meets her baby?

RegainingUnconsciousness Thu 22-Aug-13 17:58:42

Can you take her in the shower with one of you? F often sits in the bottom of the shower playing with his toys while DH or I shower. We just sneak a bit of a wash in too.

What about taking her swimming, or getting in the bath with her for a while so she sees it as fun again?

GreenFirefly Thu 22-Aug-13 18:37:44

DH tried to get her in the bath with him but no luck. I'm a bit wary at the moment due to c-sec - don't want to scare her, I haven't even looked at it yet! nor did she seem keen on the shower and that still invoices getting in the bath. she got new bath toys today, hoping they might help.

RegainingUnconsciousness Fri 23-Aug-13 08:51:39

Hey, how is everyone today?

So, regarding the ongoing #2 debate, I'm now sure I want a second. It's not rational, or logical. But DH has been dead against it. Until last night, when he admitted he's coming around to the idea!

But, we can't ttc till next summer to make sure we don't have to pay 2 lots of childcare (we'll still have wraparound care, but it'll be nothing compared to current ft costs).

Just needed to share! Thanks! grin

JollyHappyGiant Fri 23-Aug-13 09:12:54

My no2 arrived yesterday smile Rebecca Piper.

She seems very good at feeding so far. Clever thing smile can't believe we have a girl!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 23-Aug-13 09:28:18

Congratulations Jolly! grin

Green don't feel badly towards your MIL, she was probably worrying about trying to keep things 'normal' smile Suddenly becoming the older sibling is a huge jolt for a toddler. Mummy isn't there, everything is weird and they have to let it out somehow.
I would just step right back from her having a bath at the moment. Let her play in the bathroom when you or DH go in there, and get her to 'help' bath the baby and hopefully she'll come round.
How's the scar?

Congratulations Jolly, lovely name smile

RU, I would love a second too, but I really can't get my head round having two. I really don't think I'd cope.

Kittycatcat Fri 23-Aug-13 11:10:31

Congratulations jolly. Lovely name x

RegainingUnconsciousness Fri 23-Aug-13 12:07:03

Congratulations Jolly!

Fizz, I've struggled with F, I know, and I've no idea how we'd cope with 2. But I'm imagining that by the time he's going to school things should be easier. And I'm forgetting the horrors more daily! (If that even makes sense!)

TwentiethCenturyGirl Fri 23-Aug-13 13:03:22

Congratulations Jolly!

I'm not sure how I'll cope with two either but am just going to have to get on with it! Childcare costs are going to cripple us but I've got my head firmly stuck in the sand with regard to that at the moment!

Isn't MrsW due soon too? Another wee one on the way smile

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 23-Aug-13 13:10:49

Many congratulations jolly, overly news smile

jolly - I would try putting your dh and both the dd's in the bath, under the pretence of you would really like dd1 to be a helpful big sister and help bath her little sister. If that doesnt work, like Ali said, step away from the situation and it will probably remedy itself.

Somehow you do just cope with more than 1, it all just seems to work out. I should think that in the early years it is also easier having a bigger gap as the older sibling can help. And even though every baby is different, it really is easier the more times you do it. I think you become more relaxed and accepting.

The gro clock worked (and still does) with ds2, but I'm sure he was older when we introduced it, maybe 2.5-3yo?

We've had my niece and nephew staying for the past three days. My niece has bathed the boys and got up with them in the morning, and my nephew has put ds3 down for naps. I'm trying to train them for childcare cover during the school holidays for when I eventually go bak to work grin

ecuse Fri 23-Aug-13 21:52:23

Congrats, Jolly! I've no idea who you are, I have a bit lost track of the thread, but I assume you're one of the regulars with a name change grin. I'm working late for the third time this week. Fed up and can't concentrate (so I'm on here instead). Grump.

GreenFirefly Sat 24-Aug-13 11:47:55

Congratulations Jolly smile
We got a little closer with the bath issue yesterday. Brought heterosexual best friend round to put them in together. She did only stand in for a second in the 40 minutes but its a start...
Also been worrying about A not waking to feed much in the night. she went 4+ hours last night and I had to wake her. not sure whether to worry or celebrate. she has made up for it a bit this morning.
And to top if off I think I've got a bit of an infection sad scar stinging and a red patch, unfortunately I've not had much opportunity to air dry it. going to try and get an ooh appointment now.

GreenFirefly Sat 24-Aug-13 11:49:03

why does my phone change her to heterosexual ??shock angry

Oh green, I'm sorry but I just laughed out loud there!

Jolly dips in and out <waves> and is usually at least JollySomethingGiant. She's from my neck of the woods!

GreenFirefly Sat 24-Aug-13 12:38:15

it's not the worst time its used it - texting 'we are here' can be interesting grin confused

GreenFirefly Sat 24-Aug-13 15:37:31

been to ooh. not infected smile just stinging as it heals.

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 24-Aug-13 19:01:38

That's good news Green. Take it easy (as much as you can!)

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 24-Aug-13 22:11:20

Lol @ heterosexual grin

Ds3 had his feet measured today. He is 8.5 shock and well on his way to a size 9 [ double shock ] . I wondered why his size 7.5 shoes were tricky to get on blush

We've spent a flipping fortune on the boys shoes this week. They are not allowed to grow for at least six months <gavel>

Kittycatcat Sat 24-Aug-13 22:44:55

Green, wash scar with soap. Pay dry with towel or kitchen pepper. Blow dry with hair drier. When you see do ask for yellow cream. I'm sure I still have it so will dig out the name for you. A went longer at night than in the day!

PoorB is still a 4 in shoes!! His shoes are actually looking a bit battered and he needs new ones!!

Green, I would just try to air it as much as possible.

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sun 25-Aug-13 17:26:03

Gosh Fizz, I wish B and DD could swop - she's in a 7 at the moment. I really don't want her to have massive feet...I'm a 6.5/7 and I'm envious of my friends with little feet.

Mind you, she's really tall so I suppose it's all in proportion. Is DS3 tall too ILike?

Good news about the scar Green - glad there's no infection smile

Until I had b I varied between a 4 and 5 now I'm more a 5.5/6. My little granny was only a 2!

Dh, although tall, has relatively small feet at a 10 so B doesn't have it in his genes! He is smack bang on the 50th percentile. Joe average!! I have size 5s and 6s in the wardrobe waiting for his feet to grow!

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sun 25-Aug-13 19:01:49

Size two! It's be fab - your granny could have saved some money by buying kids trainers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now