Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

January 2013 - part 3 - where we have to stop them rolling off the changing mats!

(1000 Posts)
octanegirl Sun 14-Apr-13 17:14:37

Ok, here we go with the new thread - we got to exactly 1000! Hope everyone enjoyed this balmy day. I got Felix out loads in the buggy smile

Meringue33 Sat 27-Apr-13 13:30:34

Creepy what do you do about naptime if she eats every 2.5 hours? Do you still do eat-play-sleep?

CreepyCrawly Sat 27-Apr-13 18:17:26

Meringue, it's probably less often than that if I think about it. She has about 4/5 feeds a day. She often feeds almost continuously from 7 until she goes to bed.
I tend to just go with the flow. If she seems tired, I put her in her crib. If she's hungry, I feed her. Sometimes I feed to sleep, sometimes I don't. She hardly ever sleeps on me though unless she's dozing as she's eating. She finds hard to settle out of her crib/pushchair/the car.

CreepyCrawly Sat 27-Apr-13 20:10:00

Just realised that that many feeds in 14 hours works out to about every 2.5hrs. Oh god, I don't know! Haha! For naps, she tends to go back to sleep for a couple of hours after her 7am feed, then maybe an hour at 11ish. She then sleeps from 2/2:30 until 5/5:30, and will be awake until bed time then.

DH and I are both really laid back, so I think it's rubbed off on her too because she's so chilled out and hardly ever cries. Apart from today at my mums when she had a screaming fit for about half an hour! She eventually went to sleep and woke up acting like nothing had happened.

Hope everyone's had a lovely Saturday smile

Pascha Sat 27-Apr-13 20:23:41

My lovely little boy went in the jumperoo for the first time today, he looked so sweet in there and loved it but he's far too small! Bless him, his feet were about 3 inches from the ground on its lowest setting. Think we may have to wait a bit before using it again. Going to upload a picture.

Angielka Sat 27-Apr-13 21:26:49

Earliest bedtime so far... Molly went down at 8pm and has slept until now, when I'll do a dream feed (it's 10.30pm here in Belgium).

We'll see what happens in the night, but we've had one night feed each night for two nights now, so my little all-nighter has changed the rules again smile...

Hope you've all had good saturdays and get sunday morning lie-ins [as if emoticon] wink

Angie every night i put Ivy to bed and wonder if this is the night it all goes pear shaped! They are always changing the rulles little tyrants . Ivy used to nap in bouncer chair before bed time but now will not settle in there in the evening but has to go to her crib after a boob! Tonigt she screamed down stairs as she was so tired but refused to shut her eyes so i took her up at 7.30 and shes still.asleep. Think i might need to start taking her up earlier but a bit worried about how that wilk affect night time waking confused

Was hoping for lie in today as Ivy went back to her crib after her 6am feed but then the others all came in at 6.30 so i sent them all off to watch telly

pascha i want Jumperoo envy Ivy is desperate to see the world etc so only seems happy sat up or standing up on our laps. Which would be fine but i.need to be able to.put her down on.baby gym whilst i.get on with things. A jumperoo would really help. Dp not so sure tho and as we still have no cot its not a priority sad

Lora1982 Sat 27-Apr-13 23:39:29

Pascha on your jumperoo height adjuster bit im wondering if its like mine the straps say 1,2,3 with a gap on the bottom one with no number and the bit between 2 & 3 theres no stitching

Angielka Sun 28-Apr-13 06:44:58

Hope Ivy slept well after going to bed early Apples It worked for us - 8pm to 6.30am with a dream feed at 10.30pm. It's been getting harder and harder to get Molly to nap in the evenings so we thought we'd just keep her awake after late afternoon nap and try to move bedtime forward, and so far so good...

pascha I put cushions under the jumperoo so she can reach them and bounce - works a treat! A friend when I had DS used an Argos catalogue.

Pascha Sun 28-Apr-13 08:49:35

Hehe. DS1 could stand on the floor in it at the same age. Lora mines as I think it should be with stitching between each number, number 1 is on the bottom gap, 2 on the middle gap and 3 on the the top gap. Is that the same as yours?

Meringue33 Sun 28-Apr-13 09:00:24

Cool Creepy maybe I need to take a leaf out of your book and just relax more about it all smile

He slept 11-6 last night which is pretty good for him! Long may it last smile

OMG! Ivy slept til 5.30! Maybe earlier bedtime is the way to go!

Lora1982 Sun 28-Apr-13 10:26:42

No, mines got nothing on the bottom bit where it loops round then one, stitching, two nothing and three. So i just put it on the loop at th bottom.

Lora1982 Sun 28-Apr-13 10:37:45

<dumb face emoticon> just glanced at it and its like that so the number i have it on shows out the top.

Not a fan of the squeal he has learnt to do... He can stop that game.

lollipoppi Sun 28-Apr-13 10:41:25

Hope everybody is having a lovely weekend?
DP has taken DS out for a bit so I'm having a nice quiet morning with my little lady smile

Ok so I think we might have cracked this while sleep thing, for the 3rd night running, DD has slept from 8pm - 7am!! I'm sure I've probably jinxed it now

Birdies Sun 28-Apr-13 10:58:24

That's a cute pic pascha. Funnily enough I tried X in the jumperoo yesterday too and her leggies were just dangling. Though my DD1 still likes it so its not on the lowest level. Are they meant to support their heads really well before going in it?

Who was it who sent their Ewan back? Mine is beeping randomly but not sure who to contact?

Birdies Sun 28-Apr-13 11:00:07

apple I'm starting to think earlier bedtime is better as X wakes at the same times regardless of bedtime time.

Am getting envy of the long sleepers though

Lora1982 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:04:47

Birdies i didnt need to send it back i just emailed her through her website (just google ewan dream sheep) and she sent a replacement the next day. Lovely lady.

Lora1982 Sun 28-Apr-13 13:06:42
scissy Sun 28-Apr-13 14:24:32

Esther has started going to sleep at 8 shock we still have a feed at 1 or 3 but I think the jabs helped kick start this new 'routine'. Long may it continue!

Birdies Sun 28-Apr-13 14:47:38

Thanks lora!

glorious Sun 28-Apr-13 19:26:38

Eugh I've got a horrific cold and Ellen's been cluster feeding almost all day (she's not feeling well either so I guess she needs the fuel/antibodies/comfort). I just want to sleep sad

Still, have spent the day in bed and DH brought me up a massive slice of cake.

woody2313 Mon 29-Apr-13 10:43:52

At risk of getting slammed(!), what do people think of using CC? My DM is a fan and used it with all of her children; I have tried it in her presence and it did work but I felt so guilty - DS is only 3 months old and I worry that's too young...

Feel better soon, glorious, envy of your cake!

woody I am not a fan of cc this young at all. If they're crying at this age, they need something, even if its comfort. I'll admit I kind of did it with DS, but he was 9 months plus, and was refusing to go for a nap or to sleep without being rocked. I suppose it was more pick up put down I did - I popped him in his cot when I knew he needed to sleep, fed, clean and warm, and put on the hairdryer for white noise. If he was actually upset id go back in and settle him.

Monitor on so I could hear if he was whinging or actually crying/hysterical. He learned to self settle in about 3 days, and never went back. But he was so much older. 3 months is too young IMHO.

woody2313 Mon 29-Apr-13 10:53:05

Thanks Bunty. I think he probably does just want comfort, bless him - I try to make sure he's fed, changed and winded before he goes down.

This thread is not accepting new messages.