Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Four months? Oh no, the dreaded sleep regression!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Mar-13 20:11:21

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1698894-November-2012-BFPs-Already-You-girls-are-going-to-have-some-fun

Instead of marking place, please could those of us with older siblings post something (positive) they are looking forward to as our babies get older. I think it would cheer us up since so many are struggling at the moment.

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 18:01:18

Pennie I used to live in HK - amazing city. V exciting place to explore. I lived in Taikoo on HK island East but Stanley, Shek O, Cheung Chau and Lamma island are gorgeous and prob a bit more family friendly. The temple of ten thousand buddhas was my favourite discovery off the tourist trail. Am v envious. The food is to die for!!! Oh and the Jade and Goldfish markets in Mongkok and Tsim Tsa Choice. OH WANDERLUST ENVY!!!!

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 18:02:28

Damn auto correct Tsim Tsa Choi!

Elizadoesdolittle Sun 10-Mar-13 18:05:00

Well considering I'm trapped in a hell hole (bit of an exaggeration!) I've had a lovely Mother's Day afternoon. We went for lunch and considering it was hospital food wasn't too bad at all, then we had a coffee at costa. I played with DD1 in the play room and watched the rugby from there too. They've all left now and E is sleeping after her busy afternoon. I'm not watching the football which isn't so good as I support man utd. It was 2-0 to utd when u turned it on and have had the pleasure of seeing 2 Chelsea goals! My sister is coming to visit later so all in all a good day.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Sun 10-Mar-13 18:33:29

Glad to hear you sounding so positive eliza

Pennie, how exciting!

Poor DS seems to have inherited my problem with ingrowing nails. Hands and feet sad

justonemorecake Sun 10-Mar-13 18:41:21

izzy sorry to hear you had such a bad night. It sounds similar to mine. i I went to the library the other day and got out every book they had on babies and sleep. Unfortunately I didn't find the magic solution!

I have the AK book and plan to use that when I start weaning. I went to a talk about BLW the other day but it really didn't sound like its for me. I'm quite looking forward to weaning, as it is something DH can join in and help with, which will be nice as E is ebf and won't take a bottle.

I felt a bit disappointed with my first Mother's Day. I don't normally care about presents or being spoilt, but I think I really expected my DH to use today as a chance to show how much he appreciates what I've been through the past three and a bit months. Instead I got a card and a small box of chocs from the coop. No lie in or breakfast in bed. I feel a bit silly and diva like for being so disappointed. We did have a nice day at my parents though and my dad made a lovely roast.

I hope you've all had a great day.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 10-Mar-13 18:44:55

That's great eliza . I guess tomorrow you will see the doctors again and be able to get an estimated release date? Has LO been weighed in the last couple of days? Is she doing well? (sorry if I have missed an update)

We're starting to think about our holiday for 2014. This year we are just going to England and other than that having a staycation. Next year we want to go somewhere new. Somewhere not too hot, not too far, and preferably where we can take the dog.

Any skiers know what is a good age to start? DH is impatient to get DD1 on the slopes. We have mountains a couple of hours away and because I don't ski, and yay can't learn because of the risk to my back we haven't been since we were together. But I quite like the idea of going, staying in the chalet by the fire with the dog and letting them go and have fun.

Pikz Sun 10-Mar-13 18:48:46

PR 4 is a good age. They can understand and not get too cold. We tend to start them at 2 in the pou pou club but that's more just slides and things in the snow for a couple of hours.

justonemorecake Sun 10-Mar-13 18:51:02

Hmm, I'm feeling a bit guilty for complaining about my Mother's Day. I've just looked at E wiggling about on her mat and smiling and I've realised how lucky I am and how really this is the best Mother's Day ever.

rootypig Sun 10-Mar-13 18:53:18

have been furiously catching up and think am almost there!

Luis guess the clue was in the name grin <<waves>> rofl at whoever said willie wearer. if only they could take them off grin
tits thanks happy birthday!
YW thanks I hope you feel better soon, looking after a LO when you're feeling rough is so hard
Detective that's hard about exDP. does DS1 split time equally between you and him? good you have your mum to keep an eye on him at school ha ha grin can't imagine having my granny run my school!
Eliza E looks so well in the recent pics on FB! chubbing up nicely. so glad you've had a good day

that's all I can remember. mother's day thanks for everyone else.

wow am addicted to these little MN emoticons, they are so good.

things are a bit of an epic bag of crap here. LO is a gorgeous little pudding and I am trying to be thankful for that but DH is - oh, god, I can't even be bothered to go into it, I bore myself so much sometimes, but safe to say I am really struggling to swallow the 1950s version of domestic life that seems to be playing out in my house and I don't seem able to stop it. Am just like countless women before me, doing all the drudge and ranting and raving about it endlessly. No mother's day anything here and am really sad about that too. would have been nice to have a card.

Sorry, feeling a bit sorry for myself. Going to have some wine.

rootypig Sun 10-Mar-13 18:56:23

oh just welcome - and sorry you've also had a disappointing day. I feel the same, also trying to remind myself to be grateful for my lovely girl, that is all that matters. but still, have some wine with me, here wine wine grin

rootypig Sun 10-Mar-13 18:59:28

oh wait Lily I am also wondering where you are moving to? we are in theory going to be in California from September, DH is from there and is due to start a phd at UCLA. Would love to live in Hong Kong, Pennie, that would be so exciting! YW you have made my perenially itchy feet itch again!

Elizadoesdolittle Sun 10-Mar-13 18:59:44

pr she was weighed this morning and is now 10lbs 3. Even I've noticed that she looks much chubbier now. Yes, once we get the test results tomorrow I will know more about when we can go home but I'm targeting Tuesday as a release date whether they agree or not. Unless there is a medical reason for us to stay of course.

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 19:08:44

DH has made me roast chicken and pancakes mwaaaa comfort food served with lucozade. Feel like a kid poorly on the couch. Not what I had in mind for mothers day - being mothered by DH but much needed. Love him x

YW not sure if it will affect J in the same way but I drank Lucozade when DT's were in SCBU while I was still BF them and they got terrible stomach upset from it. Very gassy and watery poos.

Eliza I am a Man U fan too but we support Ireland in the rugby (actually I don't care about rugby but DH does!). DH is Spurs so I suspect L will be too!

Glad to hear you still had a nice M day and E has continued to gain well. Lovely chubby cheeks are a joy to behold. We have a hosp appt tomorrow to review L's progress, he has slowed a little but still doing ok.

I had lunch with my family and had to sit through my sister telling me I might embarrass people by bf in public and should cover up, as well as her enlightened comments on 'immigrants' (in the same week her DH got leave to remain in the uk). Also my brother haranguing me on how int women's day is sexist - despite me pointing out there is also an int men's day. Exhausting.

So I feel a bit like my first Mother's Day has not quite been what I hoped for but I have L and that makes it the best ever.

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 19:28:18

Wah good recovery garden guess I'll stop at one small glass shock

justonemorecake Sun 10-Mar-13 19:37:50

Oh garden that might explain things...the other day I had a bug and drank a big bottle of lucozade. That evening E was really gassy and had lots of watery poos.

Lily311 Sun 10-Mar-13 19:38:06

Thank you for the kind words. My friend made me cry today, we met up for lunch and she came with a huge bunch of Roses, DD's middle name is Rose. It was so thoughtful, I was crying like a baby blush. I have the best friends in the whole world.

I am moving back to Hungary. It is dead scary, I left over 10 years ago. I supposed to go back to work in May but I am not ready. When OH died I went back to work within 2 weeks and did 50 hours per week just to keep myself busy and not to think and feel. Grief is catching up on me, I need to take time out and get stronger. Our mortgage is paid off due to life insurance payout (please please all of you make sure that you have one!!) and I have a property business which I can manage from anywhere really. So decided to move closer to family and spend the next 3 years with O and finish my OU degree. I will miss my friends and I will miss London but we will come back regularly.

I have a Beaba babycook, my ex boss had it and sweared by it. Got it from a lady on ebay for £16, there is no way I would have paid £90 for it. It steams and blends. Have been using it for myself, the basket is enough for one adult portion of veggies. It is good, can recommend it but get a second hand one. www.amazon.co.uk/Beaba-Babycook-Sorbet/dp/B000T9AZNY

Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 10-Mar-13 19:41:19

pennie that it a super exciting move. How do you feel about it? Do you know where you will be living? Tell us more. (Nosy fairy)

yw yum.

rooty the problem with the 1950s housewife these days is that the 2013 woman holds down a career as well! shock there was some interesting discussion about the difficulties of being everything on Woman's Hour this week on R4.

Ok, yes, I am a woman's hour junky. My mothers daughter.

Dear old mum.

DH delivered a lovely ham hock with cabbage mash and wine. A wonderful Mother's Day.

justonemore it must have been the Lucozade, took me ages to work out what it was!

PetiteRaleuse Sun 10-Mar-13 19:50:01

Lily that sounds like a good plan. You've been through so much, time out to spend time with your little one sounds lovely.

Good news Eliza

Thanks pikz another good two years then smile

Night all.

justonemorecake Sun 10-Mar-13 19:59:22

Thanks rooty I shall enjoy the wine! Sorry to hear you also had a bit of a disappointing day.

Keeping up with this thread is harder than I thought!! Where do you all find the time?!

Re weaning- I BLW ds and it was sooo easy. I must say though I don't think it makes a huge difference in the long run how they're weaned. He's not fussy but def has his favs just like other children.

Ill be starting weaning in one month when dd is 5 months. Have started looking into highchair, going to get her a cheap and cheerful one from mothercare til she's old enough to have a booster seat on a chair like ds.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 10-Mar-13 20:01:54

Where's horseylady ? Not heard from her all weekend. Or have I missed?

BigPigLittlePig Sun 10-Mar-13 20:02:26

Evening all - have just managed to catch up but can't remember what I wanted to say.

thanks to those who need it. Sorry to hear we're not all fighting fit yet

Fs gift to me was a good nights sleep and a lie in - although the ultimate gift is of course waking up and seeing her gorgeous little face, full of amazement that she's woken up and there's a whole world to discover.

O god cats trying to hump my arm.

This thread is not accepting new messages.