Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - They WERE sleeping, what happened?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 26-Feb-13 06:27:42
Sophiathecheesefairy Tue 26-Feb-13 20:56:50

mm is not sweary Wednesday yet. Slaps wrist. But seriously hold your horses on scrapping car. Obviously there is a profit to be made between £750 and £5/6000 and you have got a witness as well. So it does look good for you and you do need a new car so the monies would help. Sleep on it and see how you feel after sweary Wednesday.

Welcome back sweetpea just like pass said....... A great group to be part of couldn't be without it.

Have a great night contra all good in the diction household.

horseylady Tue 26-Feb-13 20:57:17

I rarely complain about dh but recently he's being an arse.

I think before this week is out we will have words. I might suggest he goes to his dads. Trying to be nice as its coming up to a year since his mum died. A year ago tomorrow I got my bfp!!

In other news I've been for a run and didn't leak. Seemingly my pelvic floor has started to return.

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:00:16

Sorry sophia blush smile

Say it's worth £500. We get £250 in scrap. £200 was the maximum I was going to pay to put it through an MOT next week. We are only really losing £50 and have no hassle.

I may contact the woman again and see if I can't get £1/200 out of her.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 26-Feb-13 21:03:39

thanks horsey you know we're here if you need to rant.

Why am I in so much pain? Bastard fecking flu.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Feb-13 21:10:04

<applauds horseys pelvic floor>
<applauds mms premature swearing>

F managed 5 minutes in her crib, back down with me now which is good as I was feeling lonely, nutter

An old lady scraped all the paint off my car whilst I was in it and drove off...she did come back and leave a note to be fair, but I couldn't believe she didn't stop at the time.

Going into my old work tomorrow to say hello - here's hoping F is in a good mood and dazzles them all with lots of smiles.

YellowWellies Tue 26-Feb-13 21:12:06

blonder we might be scarring DS for life but errrr we've not been alone either - wait til LO is asleep and don't look in the direction of the crib blush some of his sleep fart percussion accompaniment has had us in fits of laughter! grin

Another thread!

M has been a delightful angel since daddy got home. She's been awake since 5 and happily sitting and chatting in her chair and on DHs knee. Typical grin

I've just been looking at the next stage car seats, has anyone decided what they're getting? Are people going for ERF? They're so expensive shock

Don't forget to wish me luck, I'm going for my bum hole probed at 10am tomorrow shockblush

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:18:30

<joins the bad parent club> M was in the room here too. blush Admitably a very big bedroom. And we did turn the moses basket around and put her in the corner. It was like being a teenager again and having sex in your parent's house whilst trying not to be caught. Bad MissMummy1. now worried I was the only wayward teenager blush

<<joins the really bad parent club>> M is sitting in her swing, sucking her thumb. I have moved it to infront of the TV.... For the first time since we got home she has stopped crying though. I'll move her in 10 minutes.

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:19:47

What is ERF?

When do they move to the next seat?

Are people buying a multi stage carseat or just the next stage?

I have so many questions about car seats! I need a sodding car first angry

horseylady Tue 26-Feb-13 21:22:01

pr it's ok I know he's stressed and he's stressing about money but he won't stick to what he said and so makes me feel like he doesn't trust me. It'll be ok. Well just have the same conversation again. And again.

Ds screening the house down. I think it's going to be a long night sad

daisychain76 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:23:52

Hello new thread and welcome back sweetpea.

Good day today. H had a mammoth 3 hour nap this morning. Amazing how much you can get done when you are expecting to hear a “how dare you leave me in my cot“~type sqwark any monent.

May have overdone it as~worryingly for a teacher~ sleep deprivation now seems to me affecting my ability to spell!

Contradictionincarnate Tue 26-Feb-13 21:26:53

well that was short but sweet ...dd's second evening nap...she is 12 weeks old today thought some miracles would have occured and she would be on her way to being the perfect baby by now or at least I would know what I was doing in truth I'm just surviving each day!

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Feb-13 21:28:53

daisy that's what happened in the pig house this afternoon - was like a woman possessed for the duration of her nap grin

thanks horsey hope LO quietens down soon

F has one size 1 nappy left before she's going into size 2s. <wails> my baby's growing uuuup

Sophiathecheesefairy Tue 26-Feb-13 21:54:20

That is a massive achievement horsey I too went for my first run in two years this morning, just 20 mins down the beach and back. I too did not wee!! grin

Is ridiculous how chuffed I was.

bigpig maybe she didn't have a any paper with her. hmm

Olly has started to love CBeebies blush when it is on and he is facing the other way he rolls onto his side and bend his neck backwards to see, often ending up starting to swizzle round in a circle. We also had some very strange lying on back and pushing with legs in a sort upside down back to front crawling effort (a bit like a caterpillar) he moved about a meter like this.

Kyzordz Tue 26-Feb-13 21:55:55

bplp bless her! I cried when ds went to size 2. He is size 4 now and very big, they don't seem to stop! Took him for his photos again today. Lady said shocked 'he's not very stable is he?' I say 'no, he can't sit up', she says 'oh bless, a late bloomer' and when I said 'no, he's 16 weeks' she looked so shocked! Okay so he's big but he's still just a tiny baby <grumps>

Hope he settles horsey

Glad the stay down is working detective. Does o drink cooled boiled water at all? It's just I think sometimes constipation can occur with thicker milks, e usually manages half an oz to an oz of water with a little sugar each day because if he's not offered it he can have a hard time doing a poo. I've found he does seem to like a swig to wash the milk down with too but that might just be him!

We dtd with ds in the room, just quietly blush. End up in fits of giggles though usually, e farts alot and you just have to laugh!

He woke up for an hour again last night. Just to chat and annoy me on purpose. He spent the day smiling at everyone but me, as usual. It's like everyone else just has to look at him to get smiles, and I have to work bloody hard to get even a glimpse of one!

Welcome back sweetpea

Forgot what else I meant to say. Very tired. Oh, hope LO is ok pr and hope you feel better soon too!

I have 4 tubs of AR milk now, and another 4 ordered and confirmed smile good beans!

ValiumQueen Tue 26-Feb-13 21:57:59

ERF is extended rear facing, and very expensive. The idea is to keep kids rear facing, thus safer, until the age of 4. I have MaxiCosiPriory for DD2 and the same seat but isofix ready for J (long story)

The most important thing is not to put baby forward facing before 9 months, even if they have reached the weight, or indeed outgrown the infant seat. Their head can be a bit over the top of an infant carrier, but if level with ears, they will need a bigger rear facing seat. Britax do a seat that is kinda ERF. Britax First Class Plus, which would be a sensible buy if baby does need a new rear facer, and it can stay that way longer, or go forward facing and lasts until age 4 I think. Parents often say about their legs folding up, but it is better to have broken legs than a broken neck.

If he was in a crib that would be one thing... but the cot is attached to our bed! I'm sure we'll get around to it at some point. At least no worries about contraception.

Hope you all get good nights... We're off to a bad start as L is currently wide awake and babbling. Signing out x

daisychain76 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:59:28

Isn‘t it at around 20 pounds/9 months they move to next stage car seats. Got a mamas and pappas one for ds1 which will have its 3rd use with H so l reckon it was good value (cost about £100). I subsccribed to Which online for a month (costs a pound but you have remember to cancel) and read the reviews.

Let‘s hope this is a trend bigpig (the napping not the frantic cramming stuff in)!

ValiumQueen Tue 26-Feb-13 22:07:04

J went for a nap at 6.30 and is still asleep. Hoping he is not up all night. Hoping this is the sleep-of-the-growth-spurted. Trying not to worry. It is so odd him being asleep.

I went to Asda tonight on my own! Weird. Felt naked without a kid or three. Had a lovely browse, got a couple of bits and pieces for DD2s birthday in the sale section (leggings - the kid is obsessed with leggings) and an 'I love my Grandma' t-shirt for DS.

DS is in his own room now, so we can get jiggy without an audience. Just have to make sure the girls are fast asleep and try not to be too noisy. Must get a lock on the door really. The stair gate can block off their side of the landing, so there is a barrier there, albeit one DD1 can un-do.

Has anyone else put LO in their own room, or am I the only bad mummy?

ValiumQueen Tue 26-Feb-13 22:07:55

J is up grin I knew posting that would wake him!

Kyzordz Tue 26-Feb-13 22:14:25

Been fretting over the car seat recently vq as ds's legs are already bent up in it when it is rear facing. His seat says you can forward face from 9Kg or keep rear facing till 10kg but he's about 7 now I think so it probably won't last until 9 months I don't think. His feet sit flat on the back of the back seats and his legs bend, but surely they'll do that in any rear facing seat as the bottom of the seat touches the back of the cars seats iyswim?

Guessing I need another seat that will do him rear facing for a larger weight, and his legs will just have to be bent? confused

Gonna has a look at seats now

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 26-Feb-13 22:19:47

I did a hell of a lot of research snf agonising when it was time to change DD1's car seat. i had seen all the information about how extended rear facing is so much safer than forward facing but at the time I had a car that wouldn't have taken an erf for an up to 4 yr old. Plus i needed a seat to move eadily from car to car. So i got a kiddy guardian pro. It has a bumper thing rather than a harness. I was quite sceptical but got it due to the safety reviews, and I've been very pleased with it. Its quite expensive but will last till shes 12. Haven't had to test it's safety records as haven't had a crash thank goodness. -ignores all the scrapes and minor incidents I have been involved in- I will just get e one of those. DD1 was in her maxicosi cabriofix till she was one. I expect E will be in it till she's 2 if she carries on growing at the rate she is!

Got E's consultant appointment in the morning. The little bugger hasn't taken any of the sns since the first day I got it. She's been feeding loads though so will see what they say.

Night all, see you on sweary Wednesday grin

Contradictionincarnate Tue 26-Feb-13 22:25:53

when you convert to front facing seat can you still you ISOfix? dd wide awake just had ff as my nips are killing me couldn't keep going all night! no bottles cleaned though so used one of those disposable bottles ...how lazy!! they were supposed to be a treat for weekends away so I don't take sterilizer and need to spend time doing it and for if we pop out but I don't think dd would need feed!

YellowWellies Tue 26-Feb-13 22:28:29

blonder we have a bedside crib too - the bed nest. And err a really big bed and a deep sleeping baby blush I think I'm winning the bad mummy prize VQ! DS will be in his own room when we move in April. In this rental there's no space for him in the spare room!

daisychain76 Tue 26-Feb-13 22:30:06

Doh, thought H‘s cheeky wipes were going mouldy or something for the last couple of days as they smelt sort of musty. Just twigged l put teatree oil in the water rather than lavender last time l refilled it. Lucky l didn‘t throw them away then...

This thread is not accepting new messages.