Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2013?

(292 Posts)
KeepTryin Wed 13-Feb-13 00:09:26

Is there a born in February 2013 group yet? I didn't manage to keep up with the antenatal threads so thought I'd get a head start on the postnatal threads before I've even had baby! wink

I've started exercising too, seem to have lost a little weight from other parts but none from tum just yet hmm

How are you finding being back at work? I'm going to be going back around September I think and I'm dreading it to be honest.

Want2bSupermum Fri 26-Apr-13 21:37:10

Honestly, it was easier than I thought it would be from an emotional perspective. What annoyed me was my PIL making a huge song and dance about me going off to work and DD getting upset. DH had a word and the agreement is that if she doesn't go into daycare my FIL will take DD for a walk while we leave for work. She doesnt even notice we are gone when she gets back. I called from skype twice and she was running around the place like she normally does.

From an organization POV I have so much to learn!

NAR4 Sun 28-Apr-13 14:43:33

I was told by PT that running too soon after child birth and doing sit ups can both cause prolapse, something that none of us want.

Has anyone gone swimming yet? All my downstairs lose has finally stopped, so I would like to take the little ones swimming, but not feeling comfortable with displaying my post baby belly. Does anyone know of a miracle swimming costume to hold in tummy and accommodate big boobs? Wore a bikini after other babies so I could buy different size bottoms and top. Figure didn't hold up as well this time.

Want2bSupermum Sun 28-Apr-13 18:04:56

Im not going swimming with DD and DS because I just can't face two kids in the pool on my own. They are too close in age and it just isn't safe. DH is either away or studying for his final set of MBA exams. Until he can come with me, or my friend can come and hold DS I will not be swimming :-(

Nar I have a tanktini that does a great job covering up my belly.

NAR4 Sun 28-Apr-13 18:15:09

Didn't think of a tankini, that's a good idea. I have older Dcs as well, so will be taking them along to help in the pool as well, as younger Dcs are 23m age gap, so too young to safely take on my own.

Marcheline Mon 29-Apr-13 15:37:38

Oh yes, I've been looking for good swimwear too. M&S seems dire from a quick browse online. Anyone found a good tankini that has very sturdy straps? I need proper boulder holders at the moment.

I'm not dieting at all, I'm walking quite a bit but my boobs can't take vigorous exercise. I'm hoping that from 12 weeks (milk becomes demand driven rather than hormone driven, so no more engorgement) I'll be a bit more comfortable.

Want2b ignore your PIL. I think childcare benefits children, and going to work certainly benefits me. I stayed at home with DD1 until she was two and I was so depressed ad lonely, and lost so much self confidence. I'm really looking forward to going back, tbh, though it will cost a fortune in childcare.

NAR4 Thu 02-May-13 08:43:35

Anyone else waiting for a post baby repair? I've been referred but am still waiting for my hospital appointment. If any of you have, did you have to wait long? The longer I wait the more I am worrying about it.

CackleALot Fri 10-May-13 15:14:59

Hi all, not been on for a while.

Sorry you're worrying Nar hope you hear something soon, could you speak to your GP to see if they can find out anything?

How's everyone's exercise going? I'm still..er..thinking about it!! Really need to find some will power to stay away from biscuit though!!

Having good days & bad days here. DS 11 weeks next Tuesday. Still can't get her to take a dummy or bottle, we're finding it really difficult to settle her at nights without putting her on the boob! Then as soon as we put her down she wakes up. Have moved her into cot now as thought rocking motion of basket was waking her so we'll see what happens.

I'd really like to get her to take a bottle so I have the option of leaving her for a bit, we have a wedding in July that the kids as aren't invited too. I've been trying to express to try a bottle but only getting 10 ml a time if that. Wondering if one formula feed in evening will affect my supply, any suggestions?

NAR4 Sat 11-May-13 22:42:52

cackle I do a local buggy fitness class a couple of times a week. Its really good. I just don't have the will power not to eat lots of chocolate.

Spoke to gp during the wk and they said they had only just posted the referral <shock>. The hospital then takes about 3 wks to reply. It sounds ridiculous to me that I had to wait until 8 wks to see if things would magically heal. Then will have to wait another 5 before I even get the date of my appointment to be checked and join another waiting list for the op. At this rate baby will be walking by the time it is all fixed.

Don't give up on expressing. It gets easier with time. Different pumps or hand expressing might work better. Try expressing on one side with the pump while feeding baby on the other side. A regular formula feed every evening will prob effect your supply, but if you don't want to be doing that feed it won't matter. An occasional formula feed shouldn't hurt though, as long as you don't do it too often. You can add to the bottle of expressed milk throughout the day to get a full bottle. 4oz will prob be enough at this age. Hope it gets easier for you.

CackleALot Sat 11-May-13 22:52:20

Thanks Nar can't believe they've just sent referral now! I hope you're not in any pain or anything.

I've been expressing while feeding at each feed so will just freeze the small amounts & add them together, hopefully I'll have enough for a few bottles in time for going to weddings!

NAR4 Sat 11-May-13 23:16:56

A couple of my babies took a bottle of expressed milk beautifully but the others hated bottles. Dh got pretty good at using the bottle lids as little cups to slowly pour milk into baby's mouth. I have a training day at work next wk and baby is still refusing to take a bottle. Have warned work Dh might have to bring him in for feeds.

Not in any pain, but a bit uncomfortable. Prob TMI but hardly anything between vagina and rectum, so no sex until fixed. Midwife initially thought I had a 4th degree tear but then decided it was a few 2nd degree tears that didn't join up. She didn't want to stitch it because it would of required an epidural and trip to theatre. I stupidly didn't quiry this at the time. Just fed up that it is going to take so long to get fixed and also very nervous about how much it will hurt and what the end result will be like.

CackleALot Sun 12-May-13 11:03:58

oh Nar that sounds awful sad no wonder you're worried, I hope you hear something soon.

Good luck with your day at work, its so frustrating when they don't take a bottle, your DH sounds like he has good patience persevering with bottle lid with your others not sure mine would be!!

CalamityJ Sun 12-May-13 19:12:32

I've just got myself a new costume from Next. Problem with a tankini is where the top and bottom meet is my 'problem area' I'm trying to hide!

Aldan Tue 14-May-13 21:03:29

Hello again, I haven't been on for ages smile. I'm blaming being too busy now im back at work but it's probably more like laziness wink

Hope you get the referral soon nar4

Cackle I agree with nar4 don't give up on expressing. It's a pain but worth it.

Calamityj tankinis wouldn't work for me either. I found a costume in sainsburys with a tummy holding in panel smile

Want2bSupermum Mon 20-May-13 13:31:05

The past few weeks have been insanely busy. DH has his last set of exams at the end of the month and I am in the midst of chaos at work. I got mastitis last week and my goodness it was painful. Missed 1.5 days of work through waiting for various doctors. Didn't know you could get mastitis if you were not breastfeeding. Feeling very cheated.

My tummy is still horrendous. We have a work do this afternoon and I have no idea what to wear. I have a choice of 3 dresses but it is on a boat.

DS is dreamy. I spent hours over the weekend giggling away with him. Aaaahhhhh....

Arseface Wed 22-May-13 22:42:25

Hi all,
DTwins arrived four weeks early on Feb 16th. I've been meaning to look for a postnatal thread on here so I'd love to join you if you're still open to newbies?
Hope all babies are settling down nicely tonight and fingers crossed for lovely long chunks of sleep!

NAR4 Thu 23-May-13 08:08:09

GP still hasn't sent the referral to the hospital. They are blaming it on a new computer system they have. I spoke to the hospital and they said it should of all been sorted by now, but they can't see me without a GP referral. They advised I just keep on at GP. DH has taken out medical insurance for me through his work, in the hope I will get everything fixed quicker. Unfortunately the lady from his work who sorts out the medical insurance is on holiday now and as we haven't had any paperwork through we suspect she has left the application in her to do tray.

On the upside baby is doing really well and dispute everything is def. worth it.

CackleALot Mon 27-May-13 22:44:10

Oh Nar how frustrating angry

Welcome arseface its a bit quiet lately but please join in!

How's it going back at work ladies?

NAR4 Wed 29-May-13 22:08:34

Training day was cancelled in the end but useless boss didn't tell me until I turned up.

Got a date for hospital appointment in mid June.

I'm lucky I don't have to go back to work until the week before Christmas. How is it going, leaving the baby, for all those who have already returned?

NAR4 Thu 13-Jun-13 11:13:23

Ds can now bounce his chair very vigorously and is extremely vocal. He desperately wants to be able to sit up. Although he has been able to turn over for a couple of months now, he still doesn't seem to realise he can do it.

Looking forward to ds crawling and seeing him play with his older siblings.

3 months has flown by, yet he already seems like he has always been here.

How is everyone else?

Can87 Thu 13-Jun-13 22:45:44

I haven't posted since the group was set up but just wanted to pop back any say hi. How is everyone doing?
Hopefully your appointment goes well NAR and they can get everything sorted, it seems mad that you've had to wait so long.

I cant believe how fast 3 months have already, in very lucky that my little man has been sleeping through since about 10 weeks so im no longer sleep deprived! Although in expecting it all to change once teeth start appearing.

I hope everyone else is doing ok, i will try to actually keep up with the thread again now smile xx

Arseface Fri 14-Jun-13 00:11:31

Really turned a corner with the babies in the last week. DT1 had a posterior tongue tie clipped and it's made the world of difference. They're both going 4-5 hrs between daytime feeds now and, if I do them together it only takes 15 mins.

8 days ago I was lucky to get an hour between feeds for DT1 and he was pretty miserable a lot of the time.

So nice to be able to get out and about with the older ones and spend more playtime with DT2.

Annoying though as I wanted the twins done as soon as possible after TT issues with both the older DCs. Still took 4 weeks to get DT2 done and kept being told DT1 was fine!

CackleALot Sun 16-Jun-13 21:43:32

Hey nice to hear things are going well for everyone. DD doing well like you Nar I can't believe how time has flown in but feels like she's always been here!

Absolutely love her smiles - even at 5am! She flattens her bouncer chair now! Still breast feeding here but have turned a corner as she is now taking bottles so managed a wee night out! grin

Still battling with DS as he will not leave her alone & seems to be getting rough with her, I know he's bored & I do try to keep him amused but very hard between feeds & keeping house manageable!

CackleALot Sun 16-Jun-13 22:19:05

meant to say DDs 2 bottom teeth are nearly through too!!

Want2bSupermum Thu 20-Jun-13 02:37:33

Hello arseface. Welcome and congrats on bf twins. My friend did it for four months and was just exhausted.

DS is pounding on the weight and growing like a weed. He is well into 9 month clothes. He has his 4 month appointment next week and I can't wait to see how much he has grown. At this rate he will be out of his car seat before he turns six months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now