Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2011 - nearly 2, it's still all about you <disclaimer, I might be having a bad day>

(997 Posts)
UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:33:04

grin

Thanks to Frak, thread title queen!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 09-May-13 14:08:52

UBW glad bedtimes are less stressful and that you had a good weekend grin

Boob is all well!! It is just a fatty globule <lovely> but nothing concerning at all. So, so relieved. I burst into tears when they said.

Fizz - fingers crossed for no more vomit!

JKSLtd Thu 09-May-13 16:24:11

grin

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Thu 09-May-13 18:37:46

So relieved for you too, Ali!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 09-May-13 20:10:36

<high fives Ali> woohoo grin

The camping sounds fab UBW smile as does the bedtime routine smile

I hope the vomit has stayed away today Fizz , how has the play group sessions been going?

A switch seems to have flicked in ds3, he has become a stubborn tantruming little so and so. Tonight I feel mentally and emotionally knackered. I hope it's only a VERY short phase. He's knackered from it as am I <frazzled>

No more vom! Thankfully! But he got his appetite back and ate loads.

Playgroup has been going well. He loves it. I'm down to help in a couple of weeks! Eek!!

Kittycatcat Fri 10-May-13 19:37:28

Whoop Ali. That's fab. Have wine

Hello everyone.

Things sound better ubw.

How are you all now fizz?

Eek ilike

We had a wonderful week. Boys were great. A has his 3rd tooth and is super clingy. S has become very independent and strops when you tell him no! He walked for miles on holiday. Doesn't have straps on his highchair now. It's a baby dan without the waist. He chatters constantly and is putting several words in a sentence. He's also shy. AND he's two tomorrow.... Reminiscing to this time two years ago when I was in ridiculous labour etc etc drama drama.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 11-May-13 08:38:06

Happy birthday S xx

Glad you had a fab holiday kitty smile

The tantruming has abated for now. I think some of it was down to his last tooth coming through. It's nice to think we're at the end of teething.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 11-May-13 21:42:43

Happy Birthday S! Glad the holiday was good!

F was asleep by 8:20 tonight! With no issues. I'm gradually, night by night, moving closer to the door too, so hopefully within a week he'll be able to continue by himself.

We bought him a proper single duvet today. He keeps waking up with no covers, and has been asking us to properly tuck him in, which is pretty impossible with a cotbed duvet.

Things are so much more relaxed at the moment. I love it!

DH is rapidly heading towards the end of his course and still hasn't got a job for September. At this rate, I'll have a house husband!

Hullo <pished> just been out with my CM (I know all sorts of MN rulers broken there) but she is my age and a lot fun! I don't see the issue ith now!

She has introduced me to th nys of the local! And I did karaoke! Nuffink said!

Ps not pg this month! Feck!

<off to find drunk thread!>

Daisy17 Sun 12-May-13 07:20:33

Hope your head's ok this morning, Fizz....

Am sat here in bed feeling so sad, advice please ladies. It's the opposite of your problem in a way, UBW, so I hope I don't sound insensitive.....DP and I have done alternate nights/early mornings with DS ever since I stopped BF when DS was 5 months. Around Christmas, probably linked to final molars at the time, DS would not accept DP, it had to be me, and it's never worn off. It's now even the case when he wakes up for the day, it has to be me, he just screams at DP if he tries to say mummy's asleep etc. Now I appreciate that this must be horrid for DP, and it's not like I never get narked with DS myself, but every time I have to listen to them struggling with each other, DS yelling, DP gradually losing his patience (he's never awful BTW, but does end up saying eg oh go back in your cot then, you're such a silly boy, in a cross voice etc). I know he's trying to change things so it's better for me, but the crosser he gets the worse DS yells and it's all so confrontational and horrid, very unlike the rest of our parenting. Then I end up going in to give DS milk anyway, DS is then so worked up he flounces back to bed, I then feel really peeved with him......etc.....so when like today it's the weekend and therefore officially my lie-in, and DP's dragged DS down to the telly, I'm awake and upset and can't settle.

Oh dear, reading that back I sound like a selfish old cow. Anyway, any ideas on how we can make any of this a less stressful experience all round, given that I think we're not going to change DS really, he's only two, and a normal phase, presumably.

sad

Daisy17 Sun 12-May-13 07:21:57

Sorry, DP is doing the flouncing, not DS!

Daisy17 Sun 12-May-13 07:26:53

Might also add that it doesn't help that all this is happening between 5 and 6am generally due to DS weird gene-defying early waking habits......

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 12-May-13 09:09:23

Morning Daisy, I do understand but I've got no idea, I'm afraid.

F has done a bit of this, but seemed to get over it when I've had to go away overnight a couple of times (even when he ws still BFing). Then there's just no option, they have to get on with it.

Any chance you can take a weekend off?

After having big hopes for the big duvet, F woke up twice overnight having crawled backwards under the duvet and got stuck! He's never done that before! I should have expected it though! The second time I left the side untucked so he could at least flap the duvet off a bit. (It was already gone 4am, so I'm not sure if it was any help!)

NomDeClavier Sun 12-May-13 11:50:39

Daisy we had the same problem for a bit but it was just a phase we had to work through. I took to sleeping in his room for ages!

Hurrah for the fatty globule Ali (that sounds strange) I'm so glad it wasn't anything more sinister.

glaikit you make me laugh grin I dare not post on MN when pished. Not that I'll be in that pleasing state any time soon but I don't really miss it.

Hullo <sheepish> wine is evil.

MrsWajs Sun 12-May-13 17:48:18

Aww Fizz I'm sorry I mised you last night! I was online too (at work) Hope you're feeling a bit more human now?!

Ali Yay for fatty boob smile Excellent news!

Glad sleep is improving UBW

And Daisy I'm not sure what I can suggest re: DP & DS but it sounds very stressful for you. I'm the opposite where all R wants is her daddy just now, which is fine sometimes but I get a bit peeved when he works all week and just comes and swoops all the glory at bedtime and the weekends!!

Daisy17 Sun 12-May-13 18:42:26

Thanks, all. Think I overreacted a bit this morning, have been streaming with cold all afternoon, thanks DS, so think I'm just a bit under the weather. Will sit down with DP tonight, thank him for trying to help, but suggest that for now we just roll with it, he brings DS the moment he kicks off just so we can cut down on the grief. Once he's downstairs with DP he's fine and I can hear them having a right old giggle together, it's just the initial wake up bit. Pick your battles and all that....

So pleased you're ok, Ali, such a scary thing.

We had a gorgeous walk last Sun, Ilike, where DS walked for far longer than ever before, scampering around in the woods like a little faun, so happy and in his element. It felt like releasing him into the wild for the first time! Such a happy sunny day. We had to force him to let DP carry him in the end because he'd gone white as a sheet, muttering I walk, I walk, under his breath like an endurance athlete!

Hats off to taking two tinies abroad, Kitty, glad it was so lovely. Is work and MIL situation better now?

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 12-May-13 18:47:13

Aargh. It's all gone to shit.

F hasn't had a nap today, he's so ready for sleep. But he's gone back to being a terror. He's in time out for the second time already.

So do I a) persevere and accept the next 2 hours of stress, or b) admit defeat and take him downstairs and risk him learning that he can prat around and get his own way?

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 12-May-13 18:53:30

3rd time out. He's blowing raspberries at me.

I'm stuck, I can't reward this. What do I do?

Think daisy said it, pick your battles. If you are getting stressed out everything he does bar sleeping is going to increase that. Take him downstairs, put on in the night garden or some thing and let him fall asleep on the sofa. It isn't rewarding him, it's keeping your sanity. (((Hugs)))

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 12-May-13 18:58:13

Just chatted with DH, who has said the opposite. He's taken over. I'm munching cake downstairs.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 12-May-13 19:00:17

It was all going so well. We just started way to early this evening.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 12-May-13 19:01:16

Ugh UBW that is difficult. I do think this patch where they drop their nap is extra hard, because really if they get overtired then you are dammed either way.
Will he drop off if you put him in the buggy and walk? Not ideal, but it isn't giving in in the way that he wants you to, and it gets you out of the situation of backing yourself into a corner with the timeouts if he isn't going to co-operate with those.

Thanks for all the cheering about the boob - and thanks for making me go and get it looked at in the first place. I think I would still be stressing about it while trying to ignore it if it wasn't for you lot! thanksthanks

Daisy - T is like that, so so determined to do everything for himself. Cute, but somewhat trying at times!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 12-May-13 19:02:12

x-posts. Nothing wrong with a united front/two-pronged attack. Toddlers are not logical creatures anyway grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now