Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - sleepless nights aplenty

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Thu 20-Dec-12 14:49:04
GTbaby Fri 21-Dec-12 03:22:56

Sry rowing!

pikz Fri 21-Dec-12 04:07:09

DP managed to not only calm Luc but he slept for 4.5 hours and just took a feed and has gone back to sleep. Suddenly last night doesn't seem so bad now I've had some sleep. Still completely unsure what all the crying last night was for. Have a feeling a bit of wind and we were winding each other up.

Sorry to hear of all the shit husbands/partners. GT how you xope is beyond me.

With 100 I would deffo buy jeans, bra and a couple of tops.

Dixiebell Fri 21-Dec-12 04:29:25

Ooh no GT, I only updated me on the stats list!! Couldn't manage the while thing!

Had a bit of a meltdown earlier, 1am and I'd come up to bed at 10, Teddy was still feeding, then throwing up and crying every time I put him down. Still, was my first cry since he was born 3 weeks ago, which I'm pretty impressed with! Just annoying that the most sleepless nights are always before a full day of toddler entertaining!

ChunkyTurkeywiththetrimmings Fri 21-Dec-12 04:34:53

Very, very confused now.

DS decided to feed nigh-on all evening starting at 3pm. He was having marathon feeds of 30mins before that, compared to yesterday's 10mins average. He also got really upset if he has to wait any time for a feed; he was asleep & then I was washing the breast pump to put in the steriliser so 5-10min job & he was screaming with tears streaming down his face & making his hair wet. He'd been 2hrs...

He now did a 4 & 3/4hr stint from the 11.14 start of his last feed & the 4am start of this one. How is that possible?

I had started to think it was a growth spurt so assumed I'd get no sleep, so to get 3hrs roughly in 1 hit, is a shock. Maybe it was to do with the duct/mastitis issue...confused

daisychain76 Fri 21-Dec-12 04:36:20

Think Ds is on some sort of ggrowthh spurt ~ been up 2 hours now
Also got 2nd jabs tomorrow. I would spend £100 on a nice dress that worked for bf, a baby wearing poncho (my friend has just got one and it is ace), some trousers and sneak in some perfume too.

rowingdowntheriver Fri 21-Dec-12 04:47:07

You're welcome pr, I've just been through exactly the same with DS1, the same week DS2 was born, DS1 started coughing, not sleeping during the night and then developed v nasty cold. Combined with learning to cope with DS2 and lack of sleep from him too, it made it one of the roughest couple of weeks of mine and DP's lives!

DS2 now has a cold and horrible barking cough and vomiting sad. Had it since Sun and has hardly been sleeping because of it. Aargh. Am praying it is better for Christmas as we spent last Christmas in hospital as DS1 had tonsillitis. kids and their bloody illnesses!

On another note, anyone see the Michael McIntyre Christmas show last night. It was a repeat but the first bit all about life with kids was so true and so funny. Especially the bit where he and his wife don't wish each other good night anymore. Just good luck!

rowingdowntheriver Fri 21-Dec-12 04:49:37

So it was you gt! I thought there was space on the last thread when I started typing!

TheDetective Fri 21-Dec-12 04:58:30

Swaddle wrap for the win!!! Yay! 4 hours at night for the first time!

Lane81 Fri 21-Dec-12 05:29:51

Congrats detective!

5 hours here, it seems we've gotten into a pattern of this every other night. How to persuade her to do it every night and go back to sleep quickly!

I'm still writing thank you cards too daisy!

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 21-Dec-12 05:42:02

Oh no, at risk of bing booed off, I have woken for a feed but Olly hasn't. What's going on there? It has to be a trick.

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 21-Dec-12 05:53:34

Spoke too soon, he is stirring. And my alarm will go off in 8 minutes in an attempt to get me up before the kids so I can at least make some pretence of being in charge hmm

Catbag Fri 21-Dec-12 06:20:53

Nice thread-finishing GT, made me giggle

kirrinIsland Fri 21-Dec-12 06:21:24

We've managed 4 hours in a row again, but now she's really snuffly - seems she's got the cold DD1 and I have got sad

bryzoan hope you are doing ok with the hip brace - sounds tough.

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 06:24:26

Right, never thought I'd post this but . . .

P has now slept for 7 hours. I can hear her snuffling in her basket but she still seems peaceful. Should I wake her?

ValiumQueen Fri 21-Dec-12 06:27:57

Do not wake her pass just be grateful.

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 06:30:22

Really? I am lying here listening to her. I can't believe this. She sounds more noisy now. I will regret wasting this when she wakes

kirrinIsland Fri 21-Dec-12 06:37:20

What VQ said ^^ No way would I wake her!

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 06:41:25

I never thought I would have this problem. I know she is fine - I can hear her breathing - she just sneezed. She had loads to eat (for her current standards) yesterday and slept very little. Maybe this I the new pattern?

Second night of swaddle me wrap - think I might buy shares

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 06:51:57

Ok. I have left DH to 'supervise the sleeping' while I prepare her meds, make coffee etc. what on earth is all this about? I could even have a shower I reckon.

Bizarre

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 21-Dec-12 07:03:32

pass that is brilliant especially after everything you have been through over the past cople of weeks. I bet that that sleep has done your mental state loads of good! grin

Olly has done the same. DH did the 10:00 feed and put him down at 11:00 he slept till 06:00. I have given him half his breakfast bottle and he has gone back to sleep.

rowing rubbish about the colds, is a nightmare, especially as here is so little you can do.

Sophiathesnowfairy Fri 21-Dec-12 07:04:53

I am dressed, make upped and for the first time I am excited about Christmas.

Right off to attacks the dishwasher.

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 07:11:54

I know sophia! Before she got poorly she was edging towards longer sleep but was getting woken. I wonder if she has been ready for longer sleeps for a while?

Just wait, tonight she won't sleep a wink!

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 07:15:16

Make up sophia? You crazy kid!

End of the world today. Anyone got anything planned? I'm going to try and get an appointment for DD1 at the doctor.

Passmethecrisps Fri 21-Dec-12 07:21:07

We have a hospital appointment petite. Other than that just the usual end of the world telly watching

This thread is not accepting new messages.