Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October babies. Don't get lost

(1000 Posts)
lisbethsopposite Sat 08-Dec-12 01:11:25

Come in come in.

YompingJo Wed 02-Jan-13 19:41:34

Bless mini yomping, I love it when she finishes a feed pretty much asleep and comes of the boob but still carries on sucking for a bit. So cute...

FirstTime, sympathy to you, but I have to admit I'm laughing at the thought of your dd doing massive loud poo that wakes you up grin. mini yomping did a huge one on New Year's Eve, it came out in several stages over about 20 minutes. Her expression was brilliant. she was sitting on DH's lap so he could feel it all warm and we were almost paralysed with laughter by the time she had finished grin

Smorgs Wed 02-Jan-13 19:37:28
hufflepuffle Wed 02-Jan-13 18:19:48

Quick! Someone make a new thread!!!! I don't know how!!

londonlivvy Wed 02-Jan-13 17:26:43

I was all psyched up for DD six week jabs tomorrow and the surgery has just cancelled. nurse is ill apparently. these have already been delayed since 24 dec so I guess she'll be 10 or 11 wks instead of 8. does this matter?

Woolybob Wed 02-Jan-13 17:12:54

Oh god first that is the worst. They always look so pleased with themselves thou don't they? And then cross cos they've done this nice poo and you've cleaned it away. Hopefully will pass soon otherwise cork up the bum? wink

hufflepuffle Wed 02-Jan-13 17:10:14

Thanks Squid, you are echoing my thoughts there!!
Ta
X

hufflepuffle Wed 02-Jan-13 17:09:21

First we had that continually for about a week. So incredibly annoying. Put DS in gro bag about a week ago and dreaded poonami happening. But seems to have settled again. Still happens about 7 am but I'm a bit better prepared by then!!

Hopefully it is only one of these many 'phases'. Poor you.

FirstTimeForEverything Wed 02-Jan-13 16:52:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squidkid Wed 02-Jan-13 16:47:42

V wide range of normal with number of poos apparently, so I would only be concerned if something else was amiss (hard poo, not many wet nappies, baby not feeding, drowsy etc)

hufflepuffle Wed 02-Jan-13 16:42:26

Ta Squid. Just feels bit odd as we went from 8 a day to one or 2 weeks Ago. Probably something I ate too!! He does dislike trying to push out the daily one so hopefully he will be happy now!!

squidkid Wed 02-Jan-13 16:35:57

beccus I think it's 15 free hours of nursery a week from the term after they turn three but maybe one of the second time mums can confirm?

squidkid Wed 02-Jan-13 16:33:46

huffle we sometimes get 6 or 7 poos a day here... and my baby mostly v happy... maybe they don't like being bunged up!!

squidkid Wed 02-Jan-13 16:32:51

Poor beccus the jabs are horrid aren't they?!
We are just back from 3-month ones - she was smiling, and then they jabbed her and her face just MELTED into tears - so sad!!
However she was fine after a couple of minutes and now we are having massage/playtime and she seems well. No reaction to last jabs so fingers crossed xxx

Beccus Wed 02-Jan-13 15:28:03

thx yomping, huffle, crazy & * nenehoo*. jabs were horrid, have never seen her cry like that, but at least she stopped quickly, had a big feed and a sleep. she is, however, having a particularly bad meltdown at the mo. we needed retail therapy on the way home to get over it & got some lovely posh bathers and trackie bottoms for her on sale. crazy, hope y r getting some sleep. cheers for livvy's and yomping's longer sleeps. angelico, hope your rellie is still ok. yes, missing dp very much today, too. loving hearing about everyone's future baby plans, please do keep sharing. i think i want another, but not sure when. am aware how lucky babybeccus is, able to have instant attention, feeding etc and have both of us fuss over her at times and a 2nd person available to free the other up if she is doing our heads in...wonder if i would feel guilty struggling to respond to dc2 with baby/toddler beccus needing attention, too. i am 35, so dont have all the time in the world. squid, i like your idea of having 2nd baby once 1st is in free child care - when r they entitled to that? As an ex-pat aussie i have much to learn about uk childcare. yomping, i am going to try to get out every day, too. baby beccus seemed more settled (slept more during day), when we stayed at pil at xmas. tbh, i think the stimulation was good for her & she just gets bored at home with me all day. she was happy as larry in costa this am just looking about at something new. it's win-win. she gets stimulated, i get excercise & hopefully can read a trashy mag and have a coffee while she looks about. bella, i'm another loving your leaf tradition and planning to copy. urgh, made appts to look at nurserys next week. don't relish the thought of leaving her with someone else. thank goodness it won't be for a while.

hufflepuffle Wed 02-Jan-13 15:18:19

When does messy dirty nappy equal diarrhoea? DS on. 4th of day. This one exploded majorly all over me!! He usually goes one a day. Ironically he in better mood than days! Lots of tummy gurgling earlier, maybe just had to get something out???

No temperature and good form. I don't feel worried. Should I be???

crazypaving Wed 02-Jan-13 15:10:13

thinking of you smiley, hope everything's going ok x

I loved your sister's parenting motto Squid. I heard "Welcome to the least exclusive club in the world" once with regards to becoming a mother, which I found quite amusing.

Really enjoyed everyone's meeting-of-partner stories.
Bella, I don't feel brave at all maybe a bit stupid - I've always had DH here to help me out, and have become lazy because of it blush. Lots of people come over knowing no one and have to figure everything out by themselves. I really admire them. As for the business, it's very low-risk.
Traveling theatre company sounds great, must be why your DS loves imaginative play so much.
Lovely words to Squid. Ages ago I know, but I'm just catching up now.

Like Huffle, I'm also laughing at "babies under 6 months just fall asleep." DS's biggest problem is getting over tired and having to be wrestled to sleep, nearly every bloody time.

How're things Wantan? I hope DD's calmed down, you're feeling better and DP's pulled his finger out. wine
We also have an Ergo that doesn't fit DH well - DS always ends up slumped down, but his head is bobbing around all over the place. I've got the hang of it for me, but it does nothing for my backache. sad

I don't envy you going back to work tomorrow Smiley, though it'd be nice to be part of the real world again, occasionally. I'm sure once you get the first day or 2 over with, it'll be fine - do wonders for your sense of self.
I half considered starting smoking again the other day, just to get a bit of me back.
I'm going back in April, but will be taking DS with me so no big deal. I may do one day a week at another job, in which case MIL will take him. Can't think about that right now.

Glad things are going well for you, Cheesy. smile
DS always wears a vest and sleep suit. It's so easy and comfortable, and we don't have any "real" clothes yet. He's finally grown into the little top and jogging bottoms a friend sent so he wore them the other day - so cute.
I've just ordered him a few non-sleep suit bits from the M&S sale, but in 3-6mnths, so will be a while before he can wear them.

Hope your relative is comfortable Angelico. flowers must be a very difficult time for you all.

Ooh baby talk!
I'd like to have a fairly small gap. I really enjoyed being pregnant, so I'm not too worried about that, though there are no guarantees it'll be the same next time.
Also, I'd ideally love to have 5 [mad emoticon] but I realise I've started a bit late for that, and it's probably not feasible financially in Japan, so I think I'll just keep going til I can't any longer! grin
DH doesn't want them too close together though - something to do with school fees hmm, he says at least two school years apart.
Having said that, now we have DS I kind of feel like your boyfriend Squid - he's enough and I could just enjoy him and not be poor

nenehooo Wed 02-Jan-13 13:08:26

Oh frick I didn't mean to be all me me me sorry!
Wanted to send love to crazy and beccus and of course, Angelico and all with DP back at work sadness... Fortunately mine works at home so I don't feel so lonely, apart from when I'm trying to stop the baby from screaming when he's on the phone to colleagues/customers! and I do actually like it when he's out at meetings because i love having some alone time with my baby
And yay for 3 hour sleeps yomping - I always found 3 better than 2, and 4 even better. Fingers crossed for 4 or at least 3 for you tonight!

nenehooo Wed 02-Jan-13 13:00:27

Would live a report in the parenting course if you went, yomping...I live literally opposite our sure start centre and have only been there for weighings. Oops! Have put my name down for the baby massage course but just can't be arsed to go and make friends... is that bad?!

I can't stomach the notion of another baby anytime soon - think I'm in the 3-5 year gap camp. I also came to my career late so feel like I'm playing catch up, and DH's job isn't very secure and he desperately wants a career change which will affect his earnings significantly, so possibly may not even be able to afford another one. But I don't want an only child as I felt like one growing up (10 &12 years between me and brother & sister respectively) and I HATED it. Couldn't do that to my mini hmm oh I don't know, but whoever said about needing to get back to regular sex again also had a point... that feels like it might never happen!
In other news, I got caught speeding and got the letter today. In a notorious spot where speed limit goes from 50 to 30 all of a sudden. caught by an attended camera too so they were just waiting for me...confusedHappy fricking new year to me!!!

hufflepuffle Wed 02-Jan-13 10:10:26

Beccus they are over v v quickly. We had one dose calpol about 5 hrs later. Mostly he was fine. Have next set next week tho. Good luck, worse on mummy I think!!!

Was about to reply to Yomping, total mind blank...............

Oh yes. Sure start group. Go! Might learn something for us all!! I have a cheek. Have been to NOTHING. In fact, I am off to phone HV in town I'm moving to and get list of parent toddler groups. Really need to meet other mummies and babies, this is not healthy!!

Sure if DD plays up Yomping, you can leave. Is the first day of fulfilling task of going out.

DS and I have to go in to work for while. Hopefully he is calm!

crazypaving Wed 02-Jan-13 10:08:50

yeah beccus calpol should cover it. good luck!

thanks yomping <slurps tea gratefully whilst wiping snot off boob> I went to a new parent group run by health visitors. the info provided was laughable at best and wildly inaccurate at worst but I met one of my best mum mates there. every cloud and all that.

YompingJo Wed 02-Jan-13 09:44:39

Beccus, Calpol did for us. Hope it goes OK. it's all over pretty quickly. xxx

YompingJo Wed 02-Jan-13 09:41:49

Back to 3hour sleeps - which is fine, the 2hour sleeps were killing me but 3hours is more manageable. lots of sneezes this morning and I also feel stuffed up so looks like you were right about the cold WantanOrange.

I definitely want another child and am 37 so waiting a few years doesn't feel like an option. If only I hadn't spent so much of my life dicking around and shacking up with total nobbers, I could have got on with this much sooner! We're thinking about ttc again when dd is just over a year, which gives us time to learn what the fuck we are doing and gives my body time to recover from the first pregnancy and labour. Less of an overall career break as well. This is exhausting but I am already missing the very tiny baby stage - not that she was ever that tiny, but she has grown and changed so much already... And it's a total surprise to me that I feel like that, never had myself down as a baby person...

DH back today after a lovely long spell off, and to stop myself getting glum, I have resolved to leave the house every day. Have the option of going to a new parents course today at local Sure Start centre but not sure - it's 2hours long (with a baby? that's a long session!) and the arrogant know-it-all in me isn't sure how much it will cover that I don't already know or can't pick up from you lovely people... WWYD?

Crazy, I'm making you a very large, very strong cup of tea! Biscuits?

This thread is not accepting new messages.