Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The other October 2012 baby thread!

(357 Posts)

Sorry for lack of witty title! 4 days post c-section = lack of sense of humour grin

cakes82 Sun 10-Feb-13 22:11:42

Sorry to hear about hips. I really enjoy listening to the chatting have realised today I get more if I respond with similar noises rather than normal speech. I check back sometimes but not as much as I used to.

pinpan Tue 29-Jan-13 08:26:15

Womble is 18 weeks now, and celebrated by getting me up 8 times last night. Gruesome.

Sorry to hear about the hips Running. The smiles and talking are great though, aren't they?

RunningOutOfIdeas Mon 28-Jan-13 21:55:45

Hi Elvis. Sadly I think this thread has gone to sleep. Good to hear that things are mostly going well for you. Hope the night activity ends soon.

Pip is now 16 weeks. She seemed to be really close to rolling over last week but last Thursday we found out that she has hip dysplasia. She has to wear a harness that keeps her legs bent in a frog position 24 hours a day until her hip joint stays in place. So no rolling over can happen here for the next few months. At least I can be reasonably confident that I can put pip down, leave the room and she won't have rolled, wriggled or crawled any where. Apart from this she is doing well, loads of smiles and cute 'talking'.

Hi all haven't been here for ages! Hope you're all ok? DD is now 14 weeks and so much more alert too alert at night though just waiting for her to start rolling over. She's so massive she's now in a cot.
Lol at the no sec for a year- you've made me feel better! The discomfort in my boobs has only just give and couldn't even contemplate it before now (not that I can contemplate it yet, tho!)

RunningOutOfIdeas Sun 20-Jan-13 13:56:49

Pip is 15 weeks. She is too big for her Moses basket. I think we will move her in about a week when I am more mobile. We have had some success with naps but it is variable.

cakes82 Sun 20-Jan-13 10:10:07

Glad pip is doing better on the different formula. DD still doesn't really nap during day unless its on me or if we go out. I have discovered she will sleep slightly longer if when she first stirs I don't acknowledge her then she goes back to sleep for a bit longer. It may also be cause I don't put her to bed as such for a nap so my aim next week is if she appears tired is to actually try putting her in nursery for a nap and see if that will help.She's also nearly too big for her moses basket so will be putting basket in cot to get her used to cot soon. How old is pip now?

RunningOutOfIdeas Sat 19-Jan-13 20:33:30

Both my DDs were c-sections. DD1 was emcs so I had a much nicer planed elcs for pip. You are right about the forced rest. It is helping. Even having a general anaesthetic felt like a good opportunity for a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep!

Pip is doing ok. She is now on prescription formula (Nutramigen) which has helped to stop her being so sick. She still has some reflux. DH has been great looking after pip and playing with DD1 in the snow.

Is your DD doing better with daytime naps now?

cakes82 Sat 19-Jan-13 16:00:34

I'm guessing by your c-section comment you had one of those too. You'll get there just as you did after having pip, just give it time and make the best of the forced rest whilst you have the chance. How is pip?

RunningOutOfIdeas Sat 19-Jan-13 11:29:13

My gall bladder became infected when I was 8 weeks pregnant last year. Bit scary cos at first the docs thought I had an ectopic pg. A scan showed I little gallstones (charmingly called sludge) so the docs wanted to remove it but needed to wait until after pip was born.

I feel better today than yesterday but it is really frustrating not being able to pick anything up. I feel mostly useless

cakes82 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:10:23

ah no. Hope you feel better soon. Had you been ill with it or was it unexpected?

RunningOutOfIdeas Fri 18-Jan-13 20:59:51

DH is going to have to wait a while longer too. I had my gall bladder removed yesterday and feel like I have had another c-section only higher up.

pinpan Fri 18-Jan-13 07:42:34

Our poor husbands! There's a 21 year old girl in my antenatal coffee group who claims to have been back to 2 or 3 times a week after three weeks. The rest of us just laughed hollowly. grin

cakes82 Sun 06-Jan-13 11:21:02

I still can't get my dh to fully understand that I have zero interest...

Thumbwitch Sun 06-Jan-13 02:34:57

I've just read back a way and seen the question about sex/badwifeness - so I will make any/all of you feel better because after DS1 I didn't let DH near me for nearly a year. I thought it was 7m, he says it was nearer 11 and I guess he'd know better, he was the one waiting for it! blush

This time around he says he's resigned himself to never having sex again but I know he's joking - neither of us have great libidos, to be fair, so he'll wait until I give him the green light (whenever that might be) and then we'll probably get into a regular pattern (but knowing us it might only be once or twice a month).

I don't know what I'd do if I had a highly-sexed DH, I have absolutely zero interest. Can't even bring myself to entertain myself, iyswim blush

cakes82 Sat 05-Jan-13 10:27:41

Loving the pics on your profile

cakes82 Sat 05-Jan-13 10:12:08

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Thumbwitch Are you on facebook?
Sleeping at night is quite good here naps during day are basically non existant. DD is 13wks old. Wow on weight gain, I can't wait for our LOs to be more mobile and get kinda toned iykwim. DD was double her weight at about 11wks and just starting to outgrow her 0-3mth clothes.

Will have a look at pic

Thumbwitch Fri 04-Jan-13 09:05:19

Oh I lost you all! Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you all, even though it's horribly late! smile

How is everyone doing - how are the sleeping/feeding patterns going?

DS2 is huge - he doubled his birthweight by 9wo, when he had his first jabs (I was a touch late) and must be another lb heavier by now! He's a chunky baby, love him!

I've just done a comparison photo of him and DS1 pulling almost the same face with Daddy on my profile - can't believe the difference in age though!

Merry Christmas ladies! I thought everyone had banished grin

RunningOutOfIdeas Tue 25-Dec-12 09:03:52

Merry Christmas all! I am the only person awake in my house. Can't believe DD1 is still asleep. There is a pile of presents at the end of her bed. I am almost tempted to go and wake her.

pinpan Tue 25-Dec-12 00:40:59

Merry Christmas everyone! smile

WeeSooty Mon 24-Dec-12 22:09:10

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas Day! grin

pinpan Tue 18-Dec-12 23:14:24

Womble's long sleeps happened all of a sudden so keep your hopes up! She went from 5 to 8 hours just like that. Hoping it will return after this growth spurt. Got weighed today and she's on the 91st percentile! 13 lb 14 oz - only a couple of pounds off doubling her birth weight and not 3 months old til Sunday. No wonder I'm knackered!

RunningOutOfIdeas Tue 18-Dec-12 14:57:44

Hello every one. Sorry I have not posted recently. I have had a rotten cold, so has pip and DD1. We are all slowly getting better.

DH will be home on Friday. The last 4 weeks have gone both slowly and fast IYSWIM. DD1 has missed him much more this time than all the other times he has been away. Next year will be hard because he will be away for months, but not until March. So we have the next 2 months all together.

I have to get my arse in gear and book some flights to Oz. I am going to take my DDs to stay with my mum for a month over March / April. It will be good to have the company and help.

8 hours of sleep!!! What is that? I thought I was doing well getting 5 hours occasionally. I suppose I have low expectations because DD1 was such an awful sleeper.

pinpan Tue 18-Dec-12 09:41:55

Thanks elvis. They're in Northumberland. Spoke to them as they passed through Singapore airport, which was fun! Will see them next in August, womble will be huge by then.

Cakes, I do all my evening feeds in the lounge watching tv. I'll stop when she gets predictable enough that there's one short feed and then bed, but don't see the point of hiding away while she's still cluster feeding/generally being a pain. Tonight she is just refusing to go to sleep, sigh.

Doh, HoneyMum! Must confess that I have to go and listen for breathing if I wake in the night and can't hear the womble, but I try not to touch. wink

Well, DS slept 3 and a half hours and showed no signs of stirring so instead of thanking god and going back to sleep for a bit I started worrying so woke him up. I am so stupid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now