Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2011 - my, oh my, how the first years flew by!! It's birthday season!!

(983 Posts)
MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 19-Sep-12 21:33:03

So excited that the first birthdays are upon us! Will try get a copy of the stats..

Hope everything is ok mrsH

Tally did your Christmas get any better? Hope it did smile

We had a lovely Christmas I'm so pleased we said we'd do our own this year fitting the relatives in on either side of the big day. We don't get much time just the three of us so it was lovely grin

DH has taken W up to MK to visit his mum and dad I'm back at work so have the house to myself (and cat) tonight. Seem very quiet and I'm still closing the sodding stair gate behind me!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Thu 27-Dec-12 21:00:19

sp grin I still shut the stair gate behind me when S isn't in!!
mrsh hope everything went ok today smilex

Anyone hit the sales yet? I just popped to asda, got S a few tops reduced to £1 each for next year and a big pack of vests. Got her a winter jacket just before Xmas for next year aswell 1/2 price. Her wardrobe is going to need a major cull in the next few weeks to make room for all the new things she got given!

PenelopeLane Fri 28-Dec-12 02:48:09

MrsH Hope it went well - my step sister had bleeding, and her dd turned one last week

I am staying with the in-laws and am sick. Boo! Sucks to be sick when you're not in control of your own environment. The plus side is lots of people to look after A though grin Hopefully will be better tomorrow so can enjoy the holiday

Climbingpenguin Fri 28-Dec-12 18:02:32

I had bleeding from 8-13 weeks plus cramps that made me stop walking with DS

MrsHende Sat 29-Dec-12 17:33:13

Thank ladies thanks.

Unfortunately after the scan, which showed a 5 week pregnancy (I was sure I was 7 weeks) I bled a lot more that evening and have miscarried.

Very disappointed but trying to be positive and grateful that it happened now and not at a later stage in the pregnancy. The midwife said we'll never know the reason but that it was probably either genetic or hormonal because I only stopped breastfeeding a couple of months ago.

Thank goodness for L, it's very hard to be sad when she's dotting about doing her daft thing. smile

Climbingpenguin Sat 29-Dec-12 19:25:31

sorry to hear that mrsH. hope you have people looking after you

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 29-Dec-12 20:15:32

Oh mrsh sad thanks

PenelopeLane Sat 29-Dec-12 22:33:58

MrsH

sad thanks sad

So sorry mrsH sad flowers

sassy34264 Sun 30-Dec-12 13:18:56

sad mrsh Glad that having L about is helping you. They are just tooo adorable at this stage aren't they.

I think it's my favourite stage 1-2yrs, before the tantrums kick in!

Climbingpenguin Sun 30-Dec-12 13:52:12

I am loving DS atm, he just makes me chuckle all the time.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 30-Dec-12 21:09:41

Think S must have asked Santa for teeth, was changing her nappy for bed and spotted 3 new teeth coming through!! 2 top molars and one of her top front ones grin

Anyone else dc being really fussy with food? All things that she has previously liked she won't even let passed her lips! She's surviving on breakfast cereal, toast, bananas, pasta, potatoes and yogurt confused. I don't think it's anything to do with teething as she will eat certain things, but not others. Only way I can get fruit into her is by pureeing it. She's stopped picking anything up by herself and just wants to be spoon fed. Anyone relate?

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 30-Dec-12 21:11:10

sassy tantrums kicking in..? S already has them perfected hmm. If she can't get what she wants, she runs to the nearest thing she can pick up and throws it on the floor shock

sassy34264 Sun 30-Dec-12 21:28:50

mummy i can't think of any way to break this gently - that's not a tantrum. grin

That's having a temper. Eva has a temper too.

A tantrum goes on for 45 mins ( in isobel's case), and involves throwing herself on the floor, screaming, crying, refusing everything ie, cuddles, bribes, etc. and generally getting themselves in a state.

Yes i can relate to the food thing. They all go through it. I have to whizz veg and meat in a blender and put in pasta sauce for the twins as they won't eat it otherwise. the list is too exhaustive of things they use to eat and now won't. And it changes weekly.

It's just another thing to test our patience........

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 30-Dec-12 21:37:05

Oh she does the whole 'falling on the floor, not wanting cuddles' etc thing as well. Glad it's only mild just now grin

Climbingpenguin Sun 30-Dec-12 21:56:27

yep, classic time for food fussiness to start...

as for changing food weekly, DD will eat a dinner one day but not the same one the next (I normally make enough for two days). Basically most days she doesn't eat dinner. We are very slowly going through the no nap transition with DD, it has created a monster out of the both of us.

PenelopeLane Mon 31-Dec-12 01:43:09

A is fussier now as well - back when he was smaller I went on a babies and food course that was run by an organisation here that specialize in babies and they said that it's to be expected at this age. Other advice was to look at what they eat over a week, rather than a day -which I have to do as A will go a few days in a row hardly eating, then eat a lot the next few days.

Happy new year's eve to you all! Any party plans? The extent of my plans are a dinner with DH (one plus side to staying with the ILs at present) then probably sleep by midnight grin

Hmmmm tantrums.We had a floppy body/legs flailing/screaming incident yesterday when I removed a toy car that I hope isn't just mild although suspect worse is to come

MummyDuckAndDuckling Mon 31-Dec-12 18:10:05

Happy New Year to you all smile

I'm having a quiet night with my girl, wine, crisps and dip and some DVDs grin

CheshireDing Mon 31-Dec-12 20:04:11

P stamped her feet the other day ! grin (when I took a shoe off her that we were not buying/was too big/was hideous)

MrsH I am so sorry to hear that thanks sad Don't know what to say, except I hope it works out for you if you would like No2 wink

Quiet night in here so Happy New Year to you all, off to drink some bubbly in the lounge (wish I had crisps and dips now too! Mummy)

MrsHende Mon 31-Dec-12 20:28:51

Thanks all for the kind wishes. Trying hard to be philosophical and chins are being kept up.

Have a lovely Hogmanay everyone, whether you're out partying till dawn (anyone?) in bed by half nine!

Happy new year everyone. Off to bed with a book here smile W is down with a nasty viral infection so hope we're not starting the new year as we mean to go on!

sassy34264 Tue 01-Jan-13 11:25:34

Happy new year everyone. x

TallyBear Tue 01-Jan-13 15:28:44

Happy new year all wine.

MrsH I'm so sorry. <<hugs>>

Dh and I had a quiet night in with the cats. Watched Captain America and Avengers Assemble, the London fireworks (and calmed one freaked out cat), had some wine/beer/chocolate and went to bed. How exciting!

We had a 'second' Christmas with my family on Sunday, full xmas dinner, presents, the lot. Was lovely except that I was so tired as Seb was so unsettled Sat night I had about 3 hours sleep, partly my fault for going to bed so late, whilst he was sleeping!. Seb loved the attention. Dh and I even got to go out to dinner on the Saturday night. We were supposed to go to see the Hobbit in 3d but two tickets added up to over £23! And that was with DH's student card! And that's why we don't go to the cinema anymore!

LittlePebble Tue 01-Jan-13 17:37:28

MrsH so sorry only just read your news hmm

Happy New Year everyone x

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 02-Jan-13 10:52:33

Well, I'm doing another nightshift tonight so S is getting picked up shortly so I can sleep this afternoon. I've got a few spare hours first so I'm planning to take down the Christmas tree and get organized. Have spend the morning sorting through toys and clothes and packed up everything to small. Think ill need to get some kind of toy storage for her bedroom as everything is just in canvas cubes/box things but they are all just at the end of her cot. Thinking something like this as we had them in the nursery and they worked well. What do you all use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now