Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2012 - little people who actually DO stuff now!!

(943 Posts)

Ta da grin

L's back to her normal self! Yeah!!!!
Don't wish that on anyone, she eating well but not quite as much as before.
Might book my mum to babysit, I'm in need of a night out with dh, being a bit down in dumps! sad

Still waiting on work hours, I had a meeting with my manager the other day. I'm must say I'm a little scared!

Jellybellyrbest Thu 07-Mar-13 23:32:33

Glad L's better Newmummy. She'll be right as rain in a few days with appetite back I bet. I'm not surprised you're a bit down: it is really rough having a sick LO. A night out may be just what you need.

DD's feeding has ramped up: after a week of sleeping through 6 nights out of 7, she's been up twice a night this whole week. And really crying with it. I know she's teething badly-it was visibly driving her nuts this afternoon. Am thinking about stopping feeding soon, but won't till after this settles. Also, having so much trouble with v painful blocked ducts that I think I'd def be in for a bout of Mastitis ATM if I cut down/stopped. A bit worried about stopping actually. Dd is properly 'asking' for a feed now!!!! Pointing at the bed & is SO pleased when I lift my t-shirt.

She's eating like a horse...eats absolutely anything we're eating. Literally grabs it out of your hand! Loves her grub, but not keen on cows milk. Likes yoghurt cheese etc though & I'm content with that. She'll get there I'm sure. I weighed her this morning & she's 22lbs. No idea what that equates to on the centiles. We had our last HV check at 6mths & no more now for a long time. (Was told but can't remember). She's refusing to bend in the middle when I set her down..she's not cruising yet but lets go sometimes when she's standing to stand in a v wobbly fashion. She's got more guts than sense! She picked up my mobile today, held it to her ear & said 'Hiya', & also picked up the hairbrush & brushed her hair. She's pretty adept at feeding herself & prefers to do this now meaning mealtimes last AGES some days! She's v happy with her Childminder thk goodness. It's going really well...posting in my phone which is a PITA for autocorrect & I'm fed up correcting it!!!! So I'm off....hope all mummies & babies are well. Good luck with your boss Newmummy!

HugAndRoll Fri 08-Mar-13 20:38:05

I lost you all. I'm starting to worry, please tell me if I should be.

A is refusing to drink milk at all and hardly drinking water. It's gone on for a week, still wet nappies.

He's not crawling, shuffling, weight bearing on legs or ANYTHING other than sitting. He's not even rolling anymore.

I'm really concerned as he missed his last physio appointment due to being in hospital and I haven't had time to even ring and make a new one so I'm scared were out of the system.

Flisspaps Fri 08-Mar-13 20:52:25

If his nappies are wet, he's getting enough in to get stuff out. Is he eating much in the way of solids?

Phone the physio on Monday, explain why you missed the appointment. If you are out of the system, speak to your GP or the paed that saw DS on the ward and ask them to get you back in the system.

Don't fret. He's a lovely boy who has been ill - he's coped with way more than any of the other Aprillers, I can't recall any of the others having a lumbar puncture or IVs. I don't think I'd want to move if I'd been though that. Like I said on FB, crawling is not a developmental stage so don't put too much on that. Babies often stop doing stuff they've done for a while because it's boring, old hat - but if you're worried, see the GP or HV. Don't fret about him.

HugAndRoll Fri 08-Mar-13 21:48:05

I try not too, thanks fliss. I will ring Monday for sure, they do know he was in hospital as I saw his old physio in there as she got a new job and she rang them for me.

hugs try not to worry, A is doing just fine. He has been though so much! Bless him. And many of L's friends born in march/april are not crawling or walking, so I wouldn't worry! smile

She's been crying alot last night too, not sure if teeth are effecting her? I can see a white bit under gum on the top, so im thinking that is the next one! She doesn't quite have normal appetite back. Funny is now quite liking spoon feeding???
So she might of been hungry, I did a 10pm bf and 2am one to settle her. Thooughts are now going back to giving up!!
She had only really ever ask for it in the day, hovers and jumps up and down over my boobs. This has stopped now, and she just seem happy if offer it at night.
Not sure what she is on the centiles either? but weights 19.13lb at 11ms. This may have dropped since being ill though?

Oh just a question, when you feed your dd and ds food, like chilli for example! Do you give them a bowl or spoon or let them use fingers?
L hasn't got the hang of the spoon, so loves using hands and rice seem so small to pick up!!!

marshmallowpies Sat 09-Mar-13 19:49:07

Definitely don't know any April babies walking yet (apart from yours newmummy!) and certainly none that have been through what A has. And it's amazing how appetites can fluctuate one day to the next.

But if you are worried, am sure the GP will be able to reassure you - and hopefully you can get him back on physio track soon. So easy when things pile up to let it feel overwhelming!

L is the only one walking in my circle of friends babies, she sometimes looks at them wanting them to walk with her! smile
She is a rare one!
But only got a tooth! They are all so different!

Flisspaps Sat 09-Mar-13 22:23:13

DS has 11 teeth (just one top molar left to come, the four fangs come nearer 2 yo) and today has finally said mama, baba and dada.

vicky I let him use hands for everything - DD didn't get the hang if cutlery until she was about 20mo even though it was provided.

NancyinCali Sun 10-Mar-13 00:00:16

Vicky E uses a spoon for her morning porridge (you've seen the video grin) but also likes being fed which she never used to. She also really likes tiny pieces of food she can pick up with her pincer grip.

Fliss chatty boy all of a sudden smile. And wow, loads of teeth. E only got her first two last week.

Hug there is such a wide range of what babies do when (something I never really appreciated until having one) and I've definitely noticed that when E masters something she moves on and doesn't repeat it for ages. Hopefully the physio or GP can put your mind at rest.

Just been to a first birthday party and teared up a bit thinking about how it will be us in a few weeks!!

Happy first Mothering Sunday to all you lovely mums! (And happy repeat Mothering Sunday if these little ones aren't your first!)

Happy mothers day to all you scrumptious mummys! smile

L nights are bad again, not settled from when she was ill. We are catching the odd word or sounds like the word Hello, book, duck and gone! But still not very clear.
Also getting mama, dada, nana Baba and Lala. Mama turned into Nana from a few days which made me laugh!

Fliss great news for Frank, I can't beleive how many teeth his has???
Nancy your E is amazing at using her spoon. We now have that bowl from amazon, so must try it out abit more!

NancyinCali Sun 10-Mar-13 15:14:46

Happy Mother's Day! Apparently we're celebrating the American mother's day in May wink.

Having a nightmare with sleep at the moment. She was consistently sleeping through but since teething started we've been up for several hours every few nights. I'm not convinced she's actually teething at the moment though. I'm exhausted sad.

Nordicmom Sun 10-Mar-13 22:24:04

Happy Mother's Day to you all smile!
Can't believe F has 11 teeth Fliss ! R has 6 still but is so cranky etc that maybe more on the way . Seems like she might be getting sick like my poor DS who had fever tonight and headaches , runny nose etc.
She is very temperamental nowadays like a little angry beast . Everything makes her cry and scream . I don't remember DS doing this until around 13/14 m but maybe girls mature earlier or she's just being a different child.
Lots of little tumbles and accidents here but nothing serious . She's not yet walking by herself . Holds on to something with one hand but sometimes stands for a bit without.
She isn't too interested in using the spoon by herself so far . Feeds herself by hand and has a good pincer grasp. She eats well when i feed her and pretty much anything . She's good with pieces and haventpureed anything for months but fork mash or chop and she's fine .
Her 3 recent nights of sleeping through stopped with the illness so back to one bottle a night and apparently she was up for hours last night at Grandma's which she has never done... I stayed home so poor DH had to deal with it by himself. I asked for rest as a mothers day gift so had the weekend to myself and actually went to movies etc yesterday and then slept 11h! straight until nearly midday. bliss... needed that smile

Dd has managed back on one breast feed, so gonna try and give up!!!
I'll see how tonight goes without any! X

We have done now two night and days without any breast feeds!
So I've official giving up, it actually wasn't that bad. Id thought I feel bad or L would of played up?
She coped really well the first night up at 1230pm then 130-2. I ended up offering water which she didn't want and saying no more milk! "Gone" its was quite cute she put up her hands and said what sounded like gone! Then I just cuddled back to sleep at 2am.
She has been hungry more from breakfast and I've been giving an extra yogurt before bed. She isn't a huge cow milk drinker probally only 3-4oz at teatime.

Really nice, my dh brought be a braclet for mothers day and forgot to give it me, so I got it on Monday! I'm calling it a little present to mark me giving up!!! smile

Congrats on the success story! And the bracelet...aah. smile

All Quiet on here lately,

Everyone's busy bee's now the babes are turning one!!!! smile
Where has the year gone?

marshmallowpies Sun 17-Mar-13 21:13:27

I've stopped BFing in the last couple of weeks...when M had a fever last month I was feeding her when she woke at night, but had dropped most of the daytime feeds, so when she got better and the sleeping improved, I realised the BFing had dropped off naturally.

The fact that it happened gradually made it very unstressful and unplanned, just a slow winding down.

We found a 3rd tooth yesterday, her first top tooth. This explained an awful lot of grumbling and crying on Friday...

Copps Mon 18-Mar-13 08:15:27

We are back to 5 bfeeds a day now cos he has been waking up in the night again and its been the only way he'll settle... anyone else doing this many?

also, any ideas of what to give for lunches? im kinda just doing toast and crackers lately...

Flisspaps Mon 18-Mar-13 10:11:55

Copps We have all sorts, but we have mainly sandwiches or pasta for lunch here. DS is partial to a sausage roll or a pork pie, but it's rare that we have those about because I can eat a whole pack so try not to buy them

copps sandwich lover here to for lunch, we do ham, cheese, cream cream, hommus or what ever I have in the fridge, Egg mayo?
and is keen eaten saugage rolls at party too! smile
Oh sometimes I do cheese on toast or fruit bread also!

We tend to have sandwiches - cheese, hummous, peanut butter, soup with dippy bread, cheesy omelette (a favourite). Also sticks of cucumber/carrot/celery and dips.

Oh yeah and cheese or beans on toast.

marshmallowpies Mon 18-Mar-13 19:30:59

Our lunchtimes are usually a portion of something out of the freezer - not doing purees now but DD still mainly eating mashed/lumpy stuff.

We are trying 'proper' food for evening meals though - fish fingers & peas, macaroni cheese, etc. It's just so easy to have portions of stuff ready to go in the freezer, though, and I'm so used to doing it that way now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now