Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Just Mumming Along (viroids 2)

(890 Posts)
Eskarina Mon 14-May-12 20:10:19

Tried to post on the original thread and my post got rejected as its full! Have copied and pasted below....

Congrats on the job offer ttl...hope the other one comes up trumps for you too.

Dd isn't quite crawling yet, but would very much like to. She is the queen of the Klingons at the moment, and has a meltdown the second I put her down, look in the opposite direction, or if someone else so much as looks at her. Not all the time thankfully, but definitely for part of every day.

On the bf thing, it's so personal.....I've just dropped doing the afternoon feed myself be cause dd is so distractible that she bobs on and off, which I don't like around other people, and now she finally has teeth the constant latch on/off was really hurting. I just bf once a day, our morning snuggle when she's nice and calm. I would be sad to give that one up just yet.

CuriosityCola Tue 27-Nov-12 21:40:17

Just been lurking. Very snot filled here and puking like a good one every afternoon.

Been mostly saving my moaning for the grads thread. grin

vallinnapod Tue 27-Nov-12 22:12:59

Sorry for all the snots!

LOL FVP my bits will be very pleased to hear they have a cheering squad grin I like the bra incentive. I couldn't believe how narrow the straps were on normal bras after 18 months+ in maternity and nursing ones! Does DD show any sign it won't be too tough?

Weaned DS on to cows milk as a drink tonight having been all PFB with toddler milk ...didn't bat an eyelid. Not sure why I thought he would.

CuriosityCola Wed 28-Nov-12 09:10:58

I have a really really random/embarrassing question....

I'm a little bit worried about ds's, well actually dh mentioned it and now I am worried about his manhood. His willy seems quite small at the end compared to the rest of it. Sometimes it looks a little red. I thought they naturally looked this shape? I obviously can't google it! I'm going to have to take him to the doctors aren't I? blush

CuriosityCola Wed 28-Nov-12 17:22:25

I have killed the thread with the weirdest comment ever blush

nickelbabeuntiladvent Wed 28-Nov-12 17:25:38

you might have to.
the shape wouldn't worry, but the "Sometimes it looks a little red." would.

nickelbabeuntiladvent Wed 28-Nov-12 17:28:18

fedj - hate to break it to you, but the WHO recommends at least 2 years...

(which might make you feel better if you aren't successful wink)

my feeding bras have narrow straps. confused
(M&S)

CuriosityCola Wed 28-Nov-12 19:31:52

I thought it would just be because it had been squished in his nappy. Dh has questioned it and put the onus on me to decide and do something about it. You think he would know if it needs checked or not. Instead I'm going to be the neurotic mum with her pfb at the surgery. <rolls eyes emoticon>.

fvp I'm really impressed you are still feeding dd and a little bit jealous. I miss the night time feeds not the day time ones. Though ds often still ends up in with us. What has made you set this deadline? I like the idea of fabulous new underwear as a target/reward.

vallinnapod Wed 28-Nov-12 19:57:46

CC my DS's is definitely a different shape overall to his Daddy's grin And similar to your DS's in that the end (the unconnected end!) is much narrower. It too some times gets a little red - I just assumed it was a bit of nappy rash. I make sure it is clean and put a bit of cream on it when red. I did google this (my google history really would be an interesting read!) as I wondered if I should be trying to pull his foreskin back to clean it but apparently this remains attached to...I dunno..the base (?!) until at least 2.

Does that help??

CuriosityCola Wed 28-Nov-12 21:22:17

grin Haha, I think dh thinks it should be the same...except a miniature of his. That actually helps loads. I couldn't decide how to word my worry for google and only one of my friends has a little boy. We aren't quite on the, 'what does your son's penis look like?' level of confiding though. Thankfully there is mumsnet and you guys!

vallinnapod Wed 28-Nov-12 21:53:43

LOL gotta love MN for all the questions and comments that you just can't get out in RL.

I have to say, as much as I would love a girl my preference (before being PG) is def for another boy. I am sure I won't mind once I am PG. Before DS I would I have told anyone who would listen there was no way I wanted a boy first and if I did have one then I really wouldn't want another as I couldn't think of anything worse than two boys <total idiot emoticon> The second I was pregnant with him I couldn't have cared less as long as he stuck in there. wink

CuriosityCola Wed 28-Nov-12 21:56:38

I'm hoping for another boy. I think it's partly due to finding it hard to imagine having a girl. Don't mind really, just want a successful and healthy pregnancy.

nickelbabeuntiladvent Thu 29-Nov-12 13:29:35

I only ever imagined having a girl.
I wasn't bothered which, but I saw a girl.
you know when you have little daydreams throughout your life <might just be me> ? well, I always saw me with a daughter in those.

even when I thought I'd never have any babies, I kept having that vision with a daughter.

CuriosityCola Thu 29-Nov-12 13:47:15

Aw nickel, that's lovely. How is your dd? Is she tearing about your shop on a daily basis now?smile

nickelbabeuntiladvent Thu 29-Nov-12 14:03:58

hmm
she's currently working out a way of biting my nipples off.
like she's got the hang of food and needs to bite and chew everything now.
but yes, tearing about the shop grin
when she escapes it's minutes until all the toys are all over the floor.

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezelsDude Thu 29-Nov-12 20:24:15

Nickel, I'm well aware of the WHO guidelines, but I really have had enough now and feel it's the right time to wean off the boob. DD on the other hand... (by the way the liberation comment is made tongue in cheek. I really have loved bfing her this long, after 8 months of hell with DS).

Speaking of DD, she has just started crying. Sorry for ignoring everyone.

nickelbabeuntiladvent Fri 30-Nov-12 15:12:05

I know, I wasn't saying you had to! I was just being picky...
(see, the wink in the next line - that was meant for you!)

Eskarina Fri 30-Nov-12 17:18:16

See I'd really like a boy in theory as I'd love to have one of each, but I can't imagine it at all. I did have a preference for a girl last time round and now I can't think why (ok I got a girl, but I can't imagine loving a boy any less, and dd is hardly a delicate girly girl - she's into climbing onto furniture at the moment) I do see dd as having a sister and secretly hope it is so I can reuse all her gorgeous outfits!

IrnbruVodkaAndTablet Fri 30-Nov-12 20:16:37

I always wanted a girl, think because only having sisters I couldn't imagine a boy. But DS is ace (though I'm bracing myself for his teens and being eaten out of house and home hmm). I admit I was over the moon to have a girl too, but had I ended up with another boy I would have been thrilled too.

It's okay Nickel. I'm tired sick and grumpy is all. angry - grumpy coo face wink

nickelbabeuntiladvent Sun 02-Dec-12 09:51:42

bless ya.
I'm poorly in bed . I've skipped church. basically yesterday i felt nauseous all day and then in the evening i vomited up everything i had eaten. i blame dh- he was trying tobe nice and make me garlic bread. i knew i don't want it but ate it cos he made the effort. well i ate 1 and half slices. then puked 10 minutes later.

i had a bad night and still feel bleurgh.
dd is also being weirdly clingly and having to feed her is making me feel sick again.

Eskarina Sun 02-Dec-12 14:04:35

Hope you feel better soon nickel, it's grim being ill with a little one, you get no respite or chance to get over things properly.
Have finally told my parents and ILs about dc2. Both seemed pleased if a little surprised.
I'm getting impatient for a date for moving house, but at the same time I'm not keen to move before Christmas now, it just seems too soon!

nickelbabeuntiladvent Sun 02-Dec-12 18:04:53

yeah cos she's being particularly clingy too
glad they're pleased.
i don't blame you for not wanting to move before Christmas

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Tue 04-Dec-12 17:44:00

Hope everyone is feeling better today. I caved and went to the Dr for some abs. I'm looking forward to not snoring or mainlining tissues anymore.

WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:30:46

Hi all you lovely Just Mumming mums grin

Just thought I'd share with you the latest JSing grads thread over here, in case you want to lurk pop over and say hi!

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Fri 07-Dec-12 13:32:39

Hey ladies, the new phone app won't let me in this thread for some reason sad. Don't get to use laptop very often, so hopefully they get it sorted soon angry

Hope everyone is ok and you are feeling better nickel. Love the name change fvp. Come see me on the grads thread if you miss mewink

nickelbabylyinginamanger Mon 10-Dec-12 16:22:59

how weird.
confused

and, although that post was in my phone on Friday, it's just popped up on my pc now.
confused[even more]

we're better now, thanks CC

DD is 1 on Wednesday, which is quite scary.
the first 6 months were very long indeed, but the last 6 months have gone by rather very quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now