Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Sept 2010 - Another 6 months past, it's going too fast!

(1000 Posts)
comixminx Wed 11-Apr-12 21:32:47

Our lovely new thread for the September 2010 babies. Dive in folks!

Dixiebell Sun 02-Dec-12 21:59:58

Yes stargazing. Arlo been a bit better tonight, stroking Teddy's head and wanting him to be in the room while he had bath and bedtime story, so hopefully is coming round!!

patito Mon 03-Dec-12 20:33:46

Sorry about your Gran Lumpy. sad Hugs

Congrtaulations Beadit, I haven´t posted since you found out. What fantastic news. Be careful what you wish for....

Congratulations Dixiebell on little Ted Victor. Love the name it´s so cute. Hope all´s well.

Maia seems to be sleeping abit better, she´s waking closer to 7/7:30 am now. Just dreading how she´ll take the hour change when we come home - probably go back an hour!!

Debs75 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:39:14

Dixie them first few days are pretty rough whilst toddler get used to baby then pushes you to see what they can get away with. It does get easier so you can start enjoying them both. Well done, Lucy was back to back but i had an epidural so didn't feel a thing, she was pretty easy to push out as well but I have heard that it can be really tough.

Lucy still wants to use her potty but tends to miss it most of the time. She can go on it really well sometimes but she just wees everywhere. I think it is hard as she still poos like a newborn so if she poos out of a nappy it isn't pretty.

lumpychristmaspud Tue 04-Dec-12 21:09:20

guess who!!!!

congratulations dixie, i love the name.

Do we get a birth story dixiebell or is it all too fresh in your mind at the moment?

How are things with you comixminx, you've been quiet recently.

Dixiebell Tue 04-Dec-12 22:47:35

Oh go on then...

Birth was horrible. I thought it was supposed to get easier with each DCs not harder?! I started getting contractions about 11.30 the night before. By 3am they were every 10 mins so woke DH and my mum to be on standby for Arlo. Went in to hospital about 4, where they examined me and told me to go home as cervix right back and not softened. We didn't as contractions were 3 mins apart and painful by then. Had some bleeding so they strapped me onto monitors. By 9am I was 4/5cm and they finally allowed me some gas & air. Membranes were ruptured a couple hours later and pain ramped up. Got to 8cm and was demanding epidural but MW said it wouldn't be long now. But when examined by supervisor she said still fair bit of rim to go and suggested epidural to stop me pushing. Seemed ages before it arrived and by that time the pain/pressure on my back was so strong it didn't seem to do much. Heartbeat kept dipping and baby was obviously not enjoying being pushed out tge wrong way up. Teddy was finally born with ventouse and episiotomy plus some tearing at 14.40. Man the whole thing was so painful, much worse than Arlo. And I threw up loads! Although actual active labour wasn't overly long, longer with Arlo but at least the epi worked.

Anyway, we're all safe & sound now! Haven't slept much since; Teddy just won't settle in his basket so nights a bit hard still.

Funny I was sick loads with ds1, was horrible. I had epidural after being told I could push, pushing for 2hrs then change of midwife said only 5cm and contractions slowed so had syntocinon drip. Luckily no assisted delivery. Hope you aren't too sore and things are going well with Arlo. I think generally labours are shorter but not necessarily easier with second. Mine was a million times better but my first was 33hrs of induced nightmare so couldn't be worse really! Ds1 hated to be out down so I feel your pain with that one, although he was good at night from very young.

lumpychristmaspud Wed 05-Dec-12 19:43:28

ds1 was stargazing and needed the help of ventouse too. sounds like you had a rough time but at least you're sounding positive about it and he is a bit gorgeous.

i'm about to crack open the mulled wine for the 1st time this christmas. yummy!!!

newmum001 Thu 06-Dec-12 07:47:22

Omg i hate mulled wine. I always have one cause it's christmas so it's the law but i only have 2 sips then chuck it away.

The weatherman has promised heavy snow from 9am today and it better had! I've been waiting for snow for a week now.

Dixiebell Thu 06-Dec-12 21:25:05

Not much wine for me this Christmas sad. But I had pâté and blue cheese for lunch, mmmm.

Mulled wine is about the only wine I drink, alcohol really isn't my thing!

Glad you enjoyed your post pregnancy treats dixiebell, can't remember the last time I had pâté, yum yum smile

lumpychristmaspud Sun 09-Dec-12 21:01:06

I drink all wine!!!!! and am having a bit of a pate obsession at the minute. can' t get enough of the stuff!!!!

does anyone have the Jamie Oliver recipe book??? dh did a Rocky road Christmas pudding last year and wants to do it again this year but can't find the recipe!!

sassy34264 Mon 10-Dec-12 11:55:22

Congratulations dixie I think i did congrats on your fb. But just incase i didn't. smile
I found the contractions with eva 10 times harder than with the other 2 pregnancies. Ohhhh the pain. It is still sooooo vivid. So i'm with you on it not getting easier. Glad it all turned out well in the end. I love love the name too.

newmum lol. Your mulled wine story reminds me of the xmas episode of Bottom, where rik mayall serves up brussel sprouts to ade edmundson.

Ade- i don't like brussel sprouts
Rik- neither do i
ade- why we having them then?
rik-because it's christmas.

I don't think i've ever eaten pate.

lumpy we have them all ! dp is big jamie fan. Which one is it in?

newmum001 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:03:41

Wine should be cold and in a wine glass, Not hot in a cup! Does mulled wine get you pissed or does heating it burn off the alcohol. I once burned my mouth pretty badly on a flaming sambuca so hot alcoholic beverages are a no go for me. Funily enough it hasn't put me off sambuca, i just don't set fire to it anymore.

Grace is ill so we're all having a very miserable time the last few days. She's so grumpy it's unreal. She's no stranger to tantrums but this is on a whole new level. Sleep is a major issue (daytime and night time) and im quickly running out of patience.

On the bright side im trying to arrange a trip to dublin in january with my sister and best friend. I really really hope i can sort it out.

sassy34264 Mon 10-Dec-12 12:12:53

I hear you newmum

One, two. three or all of them have been ill every day for the last 2 weeks. It's been a nightmare. We need a plague type symbol for the front door.

Never been to dublin or drank mulled wine. (sounds shite) grin
Hope you get to go.

I drink my mulled wine in a glass and with Brandy in it so still plenty of alcohol.

Poor you sassy34264 wish you all well soon smile

Beaditsback Mon 10-Dec-12 14:34:55

Mulled wine is divine and especially good drunk outdoors at a Christmassy market. newmum I don't get drunk on it anywhere near as quickly as other wine but won't even be touching it this year sad
Bumped into Boostar from our original thread on my July 2013 group and another mner from there too.... I think called bessie123

lumpy I had a pâté month recently too. My body must've known it'd be off the menu soon enough! Grrrrrrrr

lumpychristmaspud Mon 10-Dec-12 18:12:40

sassy I have no idea which one it's in. it was on the Tele last Christmas so probably a recent on!!! not much help I'm afraid!!

beady, I remember boostar and Bessie. well, their names anyway.. are you dumping us for new invisible friends?? I got the charm by the way. thanks. I've transferred the pennies to you.

hope the poorly babies are feeling better soon.

Dixiebell Tue 11-Dec-12 08:30:54

Thanks sassy! Teddy was on my list of names for Arlo too. I love it! We are getting lots of teddy bear gifts..!

Well done Grace, saw your fb status newmum001!!

Getting excited about Christmas now, just need to wrap my pressies. Even more excited as it looks like dh will be able to get Christmas day off for the the first time since we've been together grin.

Me and Luke both have a horrible cold, I'm not feeling poorly but my nose doesn't stop running and the cough is driving me mad. Luke was up three times last night crying and coughing but still away in between. Hopefully that's our bugs out of the way for Christmas smile

Just seen on fb that Saoirse has had a little girl called Maya!!

newmum001 Mon 17-Dec-12 08:32:07

Cinnamon he must hate having to work xmas day. That'd break my heart. Fingers crossed he gets the time off.

I can't wait for christmas im so excited.

Grace stayed at mil's last night so im relaxing with a coffee waiting for her to get back. Daybreak is shit isn't it. I used to love it but Aled is such a drip and wtf is going on with Kate Garraways hair!!!

sassy34264 Tue 18-Dec-12 11:26:02

Is it too early to pour myself a drink?!

My whole house looks like a bomb has dropped, and for some reason i have decided that today is the day that i'm going to sort through the kids clothes.

Mainly because i have been bidding away on ebay (new discovery) and i have thee most massive pile of new clothes on my bedroom floor waiting to be placed in the kids drawers and wardrobes. I've so far managed to move all of eva's 9/12 months out of her drawer and onto a pile on the floor hmm moved isobel's 12/18 months into eva's and replaced it with all the new 18/24 that was waiting at the bottom of the wardrobe. I have moved all 18/24 month out of jacobs and left in 2/3 and added some new 3/4. I now have a massive pile of 2/3 girls clothes to go at the bottom of the wardrobe (until isobel grows a bit!) and all new 4/5 for jacob as well.

It's like a continous cycle that will never ever ever end!

I've just took out all the baby blankets (a gizillion), muslim squares and baby sleeping bags. They are in a pile on the landing.

Please help, i am drowning in a sea of material.......... grin

I love eBay but hate listing!! It's sooooo time consuming. Car boots are a better bet for loads of stuff. There are quite a few around here over the Christmas period, might be worth a try sassy34264? We have boxes of ds1's stuff for Luke but because he's 3 1/2 years older and a lot bigger its building up!!

I'm ready for Christmas now, still got wrapping to do but I'm so excited. Only working Christmas Eve morning and then off until New Years eve. Lots of time with my boys and lots of lay ins hopefully.

I went running with my club for their Saturday morning run. Had to get up at 7 to have enough time to eat something and not throw it up! Started at 8.30 and we did just under 6 miles in 1hr 3 mins with a couple of stops (their usual thing apparently). Was quite proud of myself for keeping up and really enjoyed it. Definitely going to enter a 10k race in the spring now I know I can run that far. Love love love running!!!

sassy34264 Wed 19-Dec-12 13:41:52

It's quite a secret how great running is, cinnamon. Must people think urgh running. But that's cos it's hard to start off with, but once you get fit enough to run for 30 mins or so, it's not difficult at all.

I love love love running too. I would literally grin to myself if i made it up a super steep hill without having to stop, or made to a milestone- like a half marathon.

I am going running on new years day. Apparently whatever you do on that day, sets the tone for the rest of the year, and i really believe that, as i have not done it for the last 3 years and been useless at exercise.

2013 is all about getting my base fitness back and entering a triathlon in sept.

Anyone else have a new year goal?

This thread is not accepting new messages.