Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

KLou111 Mon 27-Feb-12 10:11:12

Oops pressed post button!!

Glad violet doing well Liz, good of the pub to give her a bowl smile

Euan has his Sunday dinner in the fridge, pork, peas, carrot, butternut squash, roast potato, yorkie and bit of gravy. He loves it. He seems ok on pork although think you're not meant to give them it yet cos it's salty, but only give him a tiny bit smile

KLou111 Mon 27-Feb-12 15:47:24

Well been to docs, well pissed off as our appt 11.20, got there 11.10, not seen til 12!! Not impressed as Euan hadn't had his lunch, didn't have it with us either, then it was a 20 min journey home!! Poor thing was knackered! Anyway he's ok thank god, just got to ride it out. I asked about them nose drops so got a prescription for those. At least he's ok though grin

lizandlulu Mon 27-Feb-12 17:39:44

violet has jars with pork in in the first stage jars, from 4 months, so i am sure pork is fine

KLou111 Tue 28-Feb-12 09:56:56

Morning, how are we all? All good here, Euan slept again, so think back to normal smile still got a cold though sad

Iwish Tue 28-Feb-12 16:08:37

Hi Di Ho all!

Euan looks nice and happy on the pics you uploaded on FB klou glad his cold is better.
How is he with your dog? Does he try to pull/eat ears and tail etc?

liz I know what you mean re his sleep lol. I am quite shocked that he now goes to bed by 7:30. V v happy tho. But still can get up when he wakes at 7:30 ish. I bring him in our bed and feed him laying down then we usually fall asleep till around 10:00 lol.
How are you?

Today we have been noseying around the shops. I was bored so thought we would get out. Joshua loves being out in the pram so thought we would check out the shops.
Joshie is far too nosey tho and won't sleep in the pram, so by the time we got home he was a little grumpy. He's having his milk now and dozing.

KLou111 Tue 28-Feb-12 18:06:31

Oh yes iwish, everything is an object to put in Euans mouth, even the dog. He got her ear the other day and straight in! He got her toy today, I didn't get there quick enough.......

Glad Joshua being good for you, is he better in the night now?
Know what you mean about nosey! Euan hardly sleeps in his pram, scared he will miss something!!

Loving his new carseat, looks so comfy, and when he falls asleep, his head doesn't drop forward anymore, which is fab smile

Iwish Tue 28-Feb-12 18:38:45

Joshua is the same. He tried to eat my mums puppy's nose last week!! He just wants to chew everything. Lol that he ate the dog and the dog toy and shock too.

Yeh his sleeping isn't too bad. He goes bed 7:30 then up about 10-11:00 for a feed then he sleeps 6- 8 hours depending on how long his 10-11:00 feed was. He usually gets up around 7:30 so if he feeds at 6:00 he will go back to sleep till 7:30.

Is the car sear forward or rear facing? Joshua's head falls forward if he's asleep.

KLou111 Tue 28-Feb-12 19:07:58

It's forward facing, but you can slightly recline it, it reclines more than the matrix when that was rear facing. It's more padded round his head too so it keeps him in place.
Euan was always falling forward in the matrix, didn't look very comfy bless him.

Joshuas sleeping sounds fab, bet you're feeling a lot better now he's sleeping smile

lizandlulu Tue 28-Feb-12 19:41:26

all of our babes sound brill sleepers!!

i remember with lulu she dropped her daytime sleep at about 13 months old, and i was shocked that she was ready for bed at 6pm! i cant remember exactly, but she must have been going to bed at 7.30-8, and still waking in the night for a bottle. before that tho i used to let her sleep whenevershe wanted and for how long she wanted (in the daytime i mean)

but now i wont let violet sleep after 4pm, unless she is poorly. she has got into a routine at nursery now too, and usually sleeps for around 45 mins at about dinnertime. so shes well ready for bed at 6!

and she is turning out to be a THUMB SUCKER!!!!!! if shes tired or bored, in it pops!!! in a morning she starts to stir about 6 ish. you can hear her over the monitor, suck suck sucking away! but it sends her back off till 7.30ish! if she does it in the day i try to take it out her mouth or divert her attention. i did start to leave the monitor off, but when she got her bad chest it went on again, think its time to go off againgrin

wanted to aviod dummys and thumbs. BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!

Iwish Tue 28-Feb-12 19:53:42

Ours is rear facing/forward facing and reclines too klou. Maybe I havnt reclined it enough. Yeh I feel better now he's gone back to sleeping well but I still find it hard it get up at 7:30 so we have cuddles and milk then fall back to sleep for a couple of hours lol.

liz how do you get violet to nap during the day? Joshua won't nap when we are out so is tired around 4:00 but if I keep him awake he screams the house down. If we are at home during the day I wrap him in his blanket and we have a cuddle.
I was a thumb sucker lol!! I didnt stop till I was about 12 either (only did it at night around that age) I've found Joshua sucking his the past couple of days!! But he doesn't know what to do with his other fingers so they are stretched out and he pokes himself in the eye lol.

KLou111 Tue 28-Feb-12 21:05:15

Lol Euan sucks his thumb too, been doing it since about 4 weeks old, but not an over the top sucker iyswim? Just occasionally. Rob was til 12 too!!

Re nap iwish if we have been out and Euan hasn't slept at all, if we are back before 3 I let him have an hour, otherwise I put him to bed early smile

lizandlulu Tue 28-Feb-12 21:14:58

iwish violets fingers are like that too!! all sprawled up her facegrin

if we are home all day, when she starts to get tired, any time between 12-2, i just put her in her cot with the mobile on and leave her there. shes usually asleep in 20 mins, sometimes she fights it and wont go to sleep, in which case i just put her to bed early like kou

buti rarely stay in, and more often than not she might have half hour kip in the morning in her pushchair, then another half hour to 45 mins about 3 when i go to pick lulu up from school.

she doesnt sleep much anymoresad

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 14:40:51

klou if I put him to bed early he would be up early lol. He doesn't care how much sleep he has in the day, still sleeps the same at night. How's Euan doing today?

Lol liz they look funny don't they with fingers everywhere. It does look so cute tho smile
I with Joshua would sleep in the pram or cot during the day!! He just looks around in his cot and eventually starts screaming. And he's too nosey in the pram. Apart from today, we went to baby sensory at sure start centre and it must have tired him out as he slept for a hour in the pram after grin. He's v happy now lay on the rug watching tv and playing with toys.

I've got a secret to tell you.... Promise you won't say anything on FB?

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 15:03:04

YOU'RE PREGNANT????????

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 15:07:25

sorry, yes promise, oooooo do tell x x

Euan fine, still got a cold though! At .least he is sleeping though smile

Does Joshua not sleep at all in the day? How I got Euan to sleep when he was a bit not-playing-ball was sit in the room til he went off, eventually he went on his own smile

Just had 7 ton gravel delivered for drive and paths around our house, looking good. Thankfully I had to get Euan up at 2.30 so I got out of moving it after an hour lol.
Had last bit of plastering done yesterday do getting there :0

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 15:22:43

Lol no not pregnant.

..... We are getting married on 1st June and not telling anyone apart from 2 whitnesses!

He sleeps in the day most days but I have to wrap him in a blanket and cuddle him. Strange because when he goes to bed at night I put him in his room awake (but drowsy) and he goes to sleep himself.
If I cuddle him he will sleep up to 2 hours 30 mins. I can move him to the other sofa after a while.

Bloody hell that's a lot of gravel!! Bet it will look good when it's done. Bet you would rather be watching Euey tho grin

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 16:08:45

Yey!!!! Huge congratulations!! Bet you can't wait smile
How come you're not telling anyone? Will your parents be pissed if you don't tell them?
Good on you doing it for YOU, it's your day smile
What you going to wear then???? Ooo so excited for you x x x

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 16:19:04

I've told my mum we are going to do it but I won't tell her we gave booked it and won't tell her until after we have done it. She said its ok as long as she can help pick my dress lol.

We are quite shy people so don't want the big wedding with people staring at us etc. we also don't have much money. I think the whole lot inc paying for our whitnesses (our 2 best friends) meal afterwards will cost about £750!

I was thinking of wearing something like this.
www.peridress.co.uk/bonny-wedding-dress-style-727.html
What do you think?

I'm excited, can't wait!! It will be 1 month before I go back to work so don't want to wish the time away lol.

Xx

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 16:31:29

Omg iwish that dress is gorgeous!! And what a fab web site, will have to remember it for when me and Rob renew our vows lol!
Just be happy, that's all anyone will want x

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 17:19:03

We will be v happy klou I'm excited to get shopping for rings too!!i had a little nosey when I went shopping yesterday. Saw a few nice ones and we are going looking together on Saturday.

In thinking about going swimming tomorrow on my own with Joshua. It's a class type thing with the sure start centre. Not sure how easy it'll be getting both of us ready afterwards!

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 17:46:39

Have fun ring shopping, you sound uber excited snout it all, loved all that smile

If you're on your own swimming, I find the big open changing room where all the women go best as it distracts them lol.
Was going to take Euey tomorrow but he's still not 100% so wouldn't be fair on him or the others, we missed last week too sad

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 17:47:13

*about not snout!

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 19:29:26

I was thinking of bringing his bumbo or bath support and putting him in it while I get ready.

Joshua really enjoyed the baby sensory class today. He didn't play with any of the toys, just watched the mummy's and babies. He even got a kiss for a little girly who was 8 months old lol. He stood there grinning at her! grin

And omg!! My child keeps grabbing his willy as soon as you take his nappy off!!

Iwish Wed 29-Feb-12 19:29:57

I mean 'from' a little girl

KLou111 Wed 29-Feb-12 20:03:19

Ha ha, Euan became very aware of his Willy about 2 months ago lol, he plays with it all the time esp in the bath ha ha!!
Re changing, they have stands in family cubicles and mats in the big changing areas where we go smile
Awwww his first kiss x x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now