Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

*~*~* August 2010 *~*~* where does the time go?

(737 Posts)
CherryPie3 Mon 18-Apr-11 11:30:24

Only 5 spaces left on the old thread - wonder how long it'll take us to fill ths one up?

Happy chatting

Just thought I'd rattle this old thread again and see if I can wake anyone up?!

soontobefatnat Fri 01-Mar-13 22:04:14

I'm awake!!!! smile

In fact, I'm always awake. 7 months in, still waking every 3 hours sad and E is being such a monkey at the moment too.

That's my abridged tale of woe. What news from everyone else? Xx

marzipananimal Fri 01-Mar-13 22:07:10

Wow, surprised to see this thread pop up in Active convos!
That sounds tough nat sad
I'm 5 months pg now and feeling ok though could do with a bit more sleep and a bit less lugging around a heavy toddler!

vix206 Sat 02-Mar-13 09:58:30

Hello everyone grin It's v early days so not telling people on Facebook etc but just found out I am expecting number 2. Said I'd never ever so it again but time is a great healer (and my memory of the 1st year and no sleep has faded)....

So there's my news, anyone else? wink

Congratulations vix fantastic news! How have you been feeling? And marzi third trimester bloom? nat I hear you sister, am blimmin' exhausted.

DS is 5 months now and has rarely slept more than 2 hours since birth. If he isn't grumbling with teeth, he's got a cold. Currently we have teething AND a cold, I have mastitis and DH is off to South Africa tomorrow for a family wedding...for 2 weeks. So it's been a testing few months but of course wonderful with much joy too. Def no more babies though!

DD has terrible tantrums - do your LOs? But otherwise she is fantastic fun - bright and articulate and I still can't quite believe that we made such a gorgeous little person.

marzipananimal Sat 16-Mar-13 17:58:49

Vix congratulations! I've found the memories of the first year have been creeping back and am slightly wondering whether it was wise to do this again... but I figure the odds should be that I'll have a better sleeper this time <crosses fingers>

MakeTea I hope you're surviving ok with your DH away. 2 weeks! I think I'd have a breakdown!
I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm blooming but I'm feeling pretty well. Am starting to get a bit impatient - still 3-4 months to go.
DS doesn't really have tantrums (so far) but he has started an unpleasant habit of short, sharp screams when he doesn't get his way. He is mostly delightful though and makes us laugh loads. I LOVE it now his talking has really come on - he's so interesting and funny.

vix206 Tue 26-Mar-13 19:58:54

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I'm in the midst of miscarrying sad

Oh vix so sorry to hear that. Are you ok?

vix206 Wed 27-Mar-13 01:43:52

Yes it's quite painful right now but I will be fine x

Please feel free to talk about it - or not - whatever you feel like, we are all here. Hope you are ok x

vix206 Wed 27-Mar-13 09:54:05

Gp rang. Said same as midwife. May be miscarrying, may not. Before 7 weeks they won't scan. Wants me to do another test on Tuesday and until then bed rest as much as possible. So we wait. Happy birthday to me on Sunday hmm

vix206 Fri 29-Mar-13 11:15:31

I am miscarrying. Just to update sad

SOrry to hear it confused

bellygazing Thu 04-Apr-13 14:52:45

Hey Vic (and all) you and me both. Didn't know I was pregnant but had been trying about 7months. It's been horrible as it's been going on for close to three weeks and I even ended up in a and e. Didn't need to be there but out of hours GP overreacted somewhat.

Hope everyone else is doing work. Xx

bellygazing Thu 04-Apr-13 14:53:38

Well, not work. Stupid autocorrect.

Oh belly sorry to hear it hmm Hope you ladies are being well looked after x

MaidenDevon Tue 09-Apr-13 14:51:17

Hi all. Such awful news belly and vix sad big hugs to you both.

Not much to report from the South West contingent. Still working 4 days a week and loving it. DH still wants number 2. I still don't. Time isn't on our side, I'm 38 this year. I've started selling F's baby stuff on Ebay. DH knows and hasn't mentioned it, so who knows what he really wants?

F is an still an absolute delight. That high needs baby who had me doubting my sanity on far too many occasions has turned into the funniest, chattiest, most beautiful toddler I could wish for. Still a drama llama though, but she gets away with it, she'll definitely end up on the stage. Give me a toddler and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

DH in charge for a few days next week whilst I go away for work. That'll be fun - when he did it in January, she went to nursery in a pyjama top which he thought was a t-shirt. She said to him as he put it on her "Are we going night, night, Daddy?" She told me that she told him it wasn't a nursery top when I picked her up - snitch! grin. All her clothes are in labelled baskets in her wardrobe now (nursery trousers, nursery tops, nice trousers, nice tops, PYJAMAS...)

Tis a bit chilly here still so leaving you some pasties on the table to warm your cockles. Roll on summer.

As an aside, anyone on Pinterest?

marzipananimal Thu 11-Apr-13 19:28:42

so sorry to hear that vix and belly. I have 2 good friends who've had miscarriages recentlyish and it just sucks so much sad I hope you're doing ok x

fioled Wed 24-Apr-13 20:36:51

Lovely to see this thread awake again smile

so sorry to hear vix and belly sad news. sad Hope you are both 'ok' xx

I'm on pinterest maiden smile I can spend hours on there searching for ideas for lessons in school!

I hope this isn't too insensitive a time to mention I am expecting again. A bit of a surprise. Weren't planning #3 until September or so, but finished breastfeeding X in the middle of March and apparently that played havoc with my cycle and #3 decided to come early. Had early scan today and saw heartbeat. looking at just about 6 weeks at the moment but it was too small to date accurately so being rescanned again in 3 weeks for a more accurate date. I'm so scared, it feels very different to early days with B and X. I keep convincing myself that this pregnancy isn't very strong and its all going to go wrong soon. I think maybe because it was unplanned. Much more fearful about 1st tri this time and already manic about the end again. Hope the next 3 weeks fly by and feel more reassured after that!

X is beautiful. He is 18 months now, been walking about 6 weeks, into everything, learning so much and just my world. smile

Congratulations fioled lovely news & once you're feeling more secure in the second trimester, a happy surprise. Let us know how you go, we want to continue the journey.

Little T is now nearly 7 months old & still sleeping like a newborn, I am broken. Big sister S us potty-training now, a cheeky monkey & utter joy personified.

Hope you are doing ok vix & belly

MammaTo2boys Thu 25-Apr-13 22:03:50

Hi all, been away for ages. I used to be the dogwalker when having Thomas in August 2010, but became my new name when I had little Christian in June last year. Hope you don't mind me dropping in again and re-joining smile
So sorry to hear your news vix and Belly, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Congratulations fioled, that's great news.
Maiden 38 isn't old. I had DS2 at 39, I'm now 40 and I'm even stupidly considering #3. Always said 2 would be enough, and I have 2 wonderful healthy boys but I want another. Not bothered about gender, so this isn't a girl thing, I just know that I've got enough love for another child. Now I need to explain that to DH hmm.
Hope everyone is well, take care x

CherryPie3 Thu 02-May-13 12:36:08

Hello everyone, what a long time it's been!

Vix and bellygazing I am so sorry to hear your news!! Hope you're both coping well flowers

fioled I'm almost sure you are cazem (everyone has new names!!). Congratulations!! Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy xx

I can't say I have much to say about me to be honest. Still wanting dc4, dh still not wanting dc4... Corey is a joy though, he's really an absolute joy! My eldest dd (8) is a bit miserable lately because she has 2 little brothers but no sisters... She's also having some difficulties at school with people sayin mean things to her sad She keeps telling me it isn't bothering here but I've noticed some changes in her that worry me.

Ds1 (6) is as oblivious to everything as he always was. He wants a baby sister too but only because he wants to buy her a dress. What if it's a boy? Oh that's easy, I'll buy him some dungarees.

Really hope everyone is well, I've been reading through our old antenatal threads recently, I came accross it by accident on google and I'm hooked!!

CherryPie3 Fri 03-May-13 11:31:31

Morning girls smile

Hope we are all well today! I have poorly 6yr old and an overtired 2yr old boys today. Damn the sickness bug that's doing the rounds lately. We've been very lucky though previously so can't really complain too much.

More problems with dd and school yesterday but had a real good talk to her and it seems there is a teacher who doesn't allow anyone to visit the toilet outside of breaktimes! angry My little girl is 8yrs old and afraid to raise her hand in this woman's class!! I can't go to the school today but I will on Tuesday after the bank holiday and will be complaining. How dare she not let children go to the toilet when they need it!

Rant over, hope you are all having lovely days xx

CherryPie3 Fri 03-May-13 12:06:44

Just noticed I haven't even told the full story of what's happening...

Basically my dd had sub teacher while hers was off sick. Her teacher is lovely but the sub teacher was quite strict and as a result dd has started wetting herself at school. I'm so mad at this teacher, it's taken years for my daughter to come out of her shell, she's in year 3 now and still too shy to make many friends - she has one best friend who was/is exactly the same re shyness.
I'm disappointed with the school actually and contemplating moving her and her brother to a school closer to us. But this may cause dd to regress even more with the upset of new friend making sad

My dd said last night that they were quizzing her about whether my dh's friends had ever tried to talk to her alone etc which I'm furious about!! angry I know they have observations to make but implying things like this and putting the fear of god into my daughter doesn't help whatsoever! She has never even met any if dh's friends anyway, so it's completely irrelevant to them.

In sorry, I know I'm ranting but I'm so.... I don't even know. Angry and disappointed seeks to cover it. They've let me and my daughter down.

CherryPie3 Fri 03-May-13 12:08:48

Oh and maiden...I'm also on Pinterest. I find it utterly addictive and have boards for everything!!

Including designs for the nursery for my imaginary/almost impossible dc4...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now