Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

'October 2009-chattering and on the run, our toddlers are such fun'

(772 Posts)

Right ladies, off we trot into the next stage of our gorgeous toddlers lives. smile

HC
x

Scout19075 Wed 16-Apr-14 17:57:58

How has the school placement angst been for everyone?

Scout19075 Fri 11-Apr-14 13:21:17

Yay for the lovely, warm sun!

littlepea72 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:29:34

Hello everyone!!!!!

Scout19075 Sat 01-Feb-14 20:12:55

Hello. <<Waves>>

Scout19075 Wed 01-Jan-14 10:05:50

Happy New Year

<waves> grin

HC
X

Scout19075 Thu 12-Dec-13 16:16:44

Was just curious, HC. We're going to be HE so don't need the forms. Talking to three other moms, who all live in different catchment areas within the same town I live in, we all got letters/forms in a different way at a different time with the latest being me (this past Saturday) to the earliest being four/five months ago. A couple have come "To the Parents of" and one just came in an envelope with no addressee and no identifying marks (friend thought it was a flyer/advertisement and almost threw it out). Some of come straight from the LA and are just forms and some were from the HT at the catchment school along with other letters/forms they've requested.

There's no rhyme or reason so was wondering if other LAs seemed so, I dunno, confused!

This getting dark mid-afternoon business isn't helping my "I'm so tired I could sleep for a year" mood.

Scout-with DD1 I registered her with the school then they asked me to call in to get the pack. With DD2 and Matthew the school gave the packs to DD1 without me asking. You don't need forms as everything is online.

HC
X

Scout19075 Mon 09-Dec-13 23:19:30

Just curious what other LAs do -- did anyone else get a letter and/or a school application in the mail?

Hi Scout <waves>

X

Scout19075 Mon 09-Dec-13 17:03:15

<<Waves like a loon at HC>>

Ah, that's better. fsmile
x

AnastasiaGrey Mon 09-Dec-13 09:37:35

Oh my goodness, didn't know anyone still posted on here. fshock

Matthew is a lovely 4 year old now, can't believe it is his last year at home before he starts school. DD1 starts big school next September so every time I drop her at school it is the last Monday in December, last Christmas play if you know what I mean.

Need to change my name back to HumphreysCorner, fed up of be AG now.

Big festive wave, I'm just going to write my Christmas cards. Bit behind this year, so much going on.

HC
x

Scout19075 Fri 06-Dec-13 12:06:15

Hi littlepea!

We landed back in the UK on Tuesday and I've spent the last few days getting sorted out and trying to get SmallNoy readjusted to UK time.

<<yawn>>

How are you?

littlepea72 Tue 03-Dec-13 21:32:34

Hi everyone.....dont think anyone will see this, but if anyone is about.....hello smile xxx

Scout19075 Tue 29-Oct-13 13:23:20

Yesterday, his birthday, S sais to a stranger "I'm four and I'm going to be five on my next birthday." Can I please get through this birthday first?!

Scout19075 Tue 08-Oct-13 22:19:55

End of the month -- the 28th. He was originally due in November but thanks to my health issues they needed to get him out early (only about ten days before my due date).

He is looking forward to his birthday and will tell anyone that he's "three and I'll be four on my birthday because four comes after three." He'll also tell anyone who will listen all about the cake he wants and how he'll "listen to the Happy Birthday to S song" and then eat cake after he eats his dinner. I love how he goes around talking about the "Happy Birthday to S song" as if that's the name/title of the song. He also keeps telling me "I think I would like Brio for my birthday." That is not a surprise.

Was F thoroughly spoiled on her big day?

We picked up S's glasses yesterday. He's only tried to remove them once, a few minutes after he got them, but he keeps saying that he can see now and today actively went searching for his glasses case soon after he woke up. Tonight he told me everything looks different without them on. Bless him.

littlepea72 Tue 08-Oct-13 21:12:36

I know! Faith was 4 yesterday, and is like a wee granny lol....its going in so fast. When is Seb?

Scout19075 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:21:56

I can't believe our babies turn four this month -- how did that happen?!

Scout19075 Thu 26-Sep-13 21:16:43

Oh. �� Should we flood the the read, littlepea?

littlepea72 Thu 26-Sep-13 04:58:25

Scout I think it is only you & I left on here, everyone else seems to have stoped sad

Scout19075 Fri 30-Aug-13 14:53:52

Oooh, very exciting stuff, littlepea.

On holiday in Devon right now. Going back tomorrow so will update then.

<<Passes rock around to everyone>>

littlepea72 Wed 28-Aug-13 07:53:12

Crazy times here, we have just bought a house shock and my DS1 has gotten into a great special needs school!

Hope you ladies are ok, not very many on here now sad

Scout19075 Wed 14-Aug-13 20:25:53

You haven't been patronized until you've been patronized by a three-year old.

Oh dear, help me!

Scout19075 Thu 11-Jul-13 22:10:41

littlepea, Fourth of July was okay. The local RAF/US Air Bases didn't do their annual 4th of July Fun Fair/Concert/Military fly-by(s) & air show/fireworks so I ran an American themed afternoon for some HE families/friends. Just some activities and an afternoon of running around the park playing on the playground and playing pooh sticks (my park has a fab playground for all sizes, great fields to play in and a couple of wooden bridges (one higher than the rest) over the river that are perfect for pooh sticks). I also had a root beer -- MrScout had bought me two cans a few weeks before and not able to remember which brand was my favorite he bought one can of each so I saved my favorite brand of American drink for my truly American holiday.

Feeling rather blah at the moment. Need to give myself a swift kick.

We've been out and about every day, enjoying the weather. We've also been having regular "picnic dinners" to stay outside. After swimming today we spent most of the afternoon at the park with friends, came inside briefly while I sorted dinner, then went back out under the tree for a picnic until the start of bedtime routine. Our flowers and other plants are doing well -- it appears S has a green thumb. He loves "giving the marigolds/lavender/sunflower/Christmas trees/potatoes a drink of water so they can have their food and grow and grow and grow!" It's now become one of his jobs -- checking the plants and watering them.

I think we're going to YOUT tomorrow to go around the shops and maybe to the science museum (we have an annual family membership and S loves it there).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now