Does anyone know why UKIP want out of Europe?

(33 Posts)

Dp found out today but surely it can't be true? All that money shock

Each country pays in, each country gets some benefit back. It wont be the same amount, the richer countries will be net contributors whilst those currently poorer will be net recipients. That's kind of the point of the EU, the more well off members help their younger developing members to grow.

niceguy2 Tue 07-May-13 11:55:47

The problem is that most people don't see the benefits that Europe brings us but they do see the negatives.

So take for example the human rights legislation. Yes of course there are some using it to take the piss. But that doesn't mean the entire act is rubbish and we'd have done a better job in the UK. It's a law which protects all of us.

Ditto with trade. We see firms 'dodging' paying UK tax but we fail to look at UK companies who are not paying French (or EU) taxes because we're all members of the EU.

The thing is that the world has changed. The UK is no longer some super economy. We're about 8th in the world and as the bigger countries with better natural resources and lower labour costs continue to grow such as Brazil, China, India etc. It is inevitable that we will continue to slip.

As such we will need to remain members of the EU to be able to leverage economies of scale. Wind forward 20 years and the UK will be just a little country whom is economically insignificant in the grand scale of things. But the EU as a bloc will remain a large market which other countries will definitely want to develop relationships with so they can trade.

That's why I think I'd rather stay in the EU.

Dawndonna Tue 07-May-13 14:36:02

Trouble is, it's all those little things with UKIP.
Jack Biggs not being allowed to stand because he's disabled.
Comments stating those not working shouldn't be able to vote.
Nikki Sinclair leaving the party because she refused to band with the far right parties that UKIP have allied themselves with in Europe.
The fact that the UKIP members have the worst attendance record in Europe.
The 2 million or so Farage has claimed in expenses.
hmm

ivanhoe Mon 20-May-13 19:07:06

The UKIP want us out of Europe because of their high income tax rates. We British pay very low income tax rates.

Wuldric Mon 20-May-13 19:16:00

It's a closely held secret, BUT, I have it on the best authority that Nigel Farage is allergic to garlic. This has automatically created a problem with France, Spain, Italy, Greece and Portugal.

The nordic countries are a little too liberal when it comes to babydancing, and though it's not an allergy as such, I don't think that Nigel approves.

That just left Benelux and Germany and Eastern Europe. No-one ever remembers Belgium, the Netherlands have this whole ganja smoking thing going on. And Luxemburg? Frankly it was a mistake to start with. The Eastern Europeans are not Europeans at all. They are just pretending. This is because they are all communists and need to infiltrate Europe and report back to Moscow.

So, well, there's Nigel's map of Europe. It's not necessary at all.

Wuldric Mon 20-May-13 19:17:44

Oh Ivanhoe, you are spouting bollocks

Admittedly not as much bollocks as I have just spouted (but that was tongue in cheek)

The UK has one of the very highest income tax rates in Europe. Apart from the Nordics, where the rates are still around 50%. Go check your facts, ducky.

ivykaty44 Mon 20-May-13 19:29:32

Can I ask though if we were to come out of the EU and then pay half of what we do now - £3 billion ...then what would we get back out

and

what do we get back now from paying in £6billion?

kyya Sun 30-Jun-13 15:42:24

There are quite a few mis - truths here so far, please go read the UKIP website
"Although unworkable IMO, wanting out of Europe is one of the more palatable policies of UKIP. Removing maternity rights, increasing tax for low earners are the policies I have more of an issue with."

everything is completely wrong in this statement, as an example they actually dont want low earners to pay any tax at all, there's obviously some serious biased opinions on this site. Please I was never into politics at all then realized how stupid I had been after witnessing the mess and idiotic policies of labor then tory/ lib, I am voting UKIP as I looked at each parties policies first hand and decided the 3 major players were 1 and the same. do your research and judge for yourself instead of believing the lies some people put on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now