Justice part 2.

(233 Posts)
MaryRobinson Wed 17-Apr-13 00:22:25

Here we go

MaryRobinson Wed 17-Apr-13 00:24:00

Please can we fill this one up too. It is my dream to start a thousand post thread.

Vadark?

grimbletart Wed 17-Apr-13 00:37:57

You can fill this up to 1,000 posts and I guarantee Vadark will still not answer Seeker's question. It is too logical for him and Vadark doesn't do logic.

MaryRobinson Wed 17-Apr-13 00:39:45

You may be right. I would like him to try though

CaptChaos Wed 17-Apr-13 06:21:19

Vadark has answered Seeker's question, although not straightforwardly.

He believes that women lie about contraception as standard.

He believes that women should take all responsibility for contraception, because poor subjugated men are forced to remove condoms and spend their lives working for women.

He is no doubt going to tell us that women should have no right to choose not to end a pregnancy, if their 'less privileged' male demands that she does. He is also going to suggest that, if a man doesn't want the woman to terminate, that that man should be able to force her to continue to with the pregnancy.

The language will be more flowery, but the end result will be the same. Reading this thread has almost turned me into a feminist, I honestly had no idea such dinosaurs still existed.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 08:33:50

Thank you.

Vardak- here are my questions again.

In the case of a genuinely accidental pregnancy, what should happen if the man wants to keep the baby and the woman doesn't? And what should happen if the woman wants to keep the baby and the man doesn't?

And.

If you had the power, what 3 laws would you implement today which would improve the situation for men?

To save time, I agree that there are more contraceptive choices available women than to men. This is largely because there are only two options, barrier and hormonal. And so far no effective hormonal contraceptive has been developed for men that has an acceptable level of side effects. I also agree that should she wish to do so, it is easier for a woman to lie to a man about her contraceptive status than it is for a man to lie to a woman.

However, the man still has to decide to take the condom off. Properly used, a condom is one of the most simple, reliable and safe methods of contraception- and it is entirely in the control of men.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 08:45:34

Oh, and I am icing a wedding cake today- so no bowls to lick. Only offcuts of marzipan......

YoniMatopoeia Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:49

I don't olike marzipan sad

ilovexmastime Wed 17-Apr-13 09:29:29

Thank you Mary, for starting a new thread. It's just taken me two days to read through the last 1000 posts and I was worried that I might not get a chance to say hello and give my opinion.
I too have been waiting with baited breath for Valdark's answer to Seeker's question, but I think CaptChaos has probably answered for him. I think he's just an old fashioned misogynist at heart, despite his pleas to the contrary.
I must admit though, he has made me laugh (and read out the best bits to my DH) with his warped sense of logic and his claims that no one is listening to him. If I had the time or inclination I would go back and cut and paste every incident where one of you has agreed with him, only to be ignored.
In conclusion, I would say that the original thread did a great service to feminism, the posters were mainly polite, patient and clear and I have learnt a lot from it.

Pan Wed 17-Apr-13 09:48:38

Noooo!!

It's often useful to 'rub up' against people who you disagree with, as it helps to better define and refine your own views and opinions. But the half-baked, discriminatory nonsense offered didn't really do it, for me.
Esp. for those on the other thread, and will post on here, best wishes.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 10:23:37

<offer slightly overdone fruitcake trimmings>

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 14:49:03

Just keeping it bumped up for Vardak.

AutumnMadness Wed 17-Apr-13 15:04:13

I am seriously disappointed that the political programme of one seriously active men's rights activist on this thread amounted to the desire to have sex without assuming responsibility for either contraception or the consequences. How primitive.

Vardak, men have no hope in this world if people like you are going to be representing them. Of all the possible genuinely serious challenges that men and boys face in our society you chose to spend 500+ messages defending your right to fuck without a condom and then do a runner on your child. This is seriously low.

YoniTime Wed 17-Apr-13 15:06:41

Why give him so much attention? You're all so awfully polite and patient with Mr Women-are-evil-succubus-whores-who-steal-sperm-and-then-my-money-too, and he can't even see that or appreciate it.

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 15:23:01

Oh, I know, Yonitime, you're right. But I just wanted him to say that he thinks men should be able to tell a woman either to have an abortion or not have one. I really thought he might, sweet naive fool that I am........

seeker Wed 17-Apr-13 15:24:25

And I was genuinely interested in finding out what 3 laws he would implement. There are quite a lit of MRA out there- I d want to know more about them.

YoniTime Wed 17-Apr-13 15:42:12

Yes that would be interesting seeker but he seems to not want to answer constructive questions about what he wants for some reason, only complain.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 17-Apr-13 17:07:27

YoniMatopeia, I'm voting for you if the Yoni N'C comp ever happens.

Never mind about cake mix, I've got S&M for tea. That's sausage and mash, before anyone gets worried about contraception...

YoniMatopoeia Wed 17-Apr-13 18:47:16

Thank you Doctrine.

So, will vadark find this do you think?

MaryRobinson Wed 17-Apr-13 19:18:30

Just while we're chatting, let me into the Yoni secret please?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 17-Apr-13 19:39:57

Yoni

Enjoy!

MaryRobinson Wed 17-Apr-13 20:51:14

Oh My Sacred Feminine Waters. That thread is funny!

YoniTime Wed 17-Apr-13 20:58:33

There is some seriously beautiful poetry on that thread.

Pan Wed 17-Apr-13 21:06:24

You do know HullDad is Vadark, don't you?

YoniTime Wed 17-Apr-13 21:08:54

I don't think so. HullDad was all about honouring the yoni<snicker>...I get the feeling that MRA's aren't interested in that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now