any ideas for a non religious reading or poem for a christening?

(8 Posts)
btheb Thu 29-Aug-13 08:11:26

Thanks so much Iris, Blueberry Girl is absolutely perfect! And just got the book from amazon too!

btheb Wed 28-Aug-13 20:24:19

Thanks for your responses! It is a christening and will have a religious reading but we're able to chose a non religious one too. I'll have a look at blueberry girl now... I would love guess how much i love you but husband isn't too sure!

mikkii Wed 28-Aug-13 19:33:02

Please may I ask, why a non-religious poem /reading for a Christening? Or were you using Christening as a generic term? Not a criticism, just general nosiness.

IrisWildthyme Wed 28-Aug-13 19:25:01

oops sorry! left over URL from a previous post in another thread blush
The link I meant to post was this one - haven't compared to see if it's exactly the same version as Grimma's link (thank you Grimma)

GrimmaTheNome Wed 28-Aug-13 19:14:24

You've pasted the wrong link, Iris, but I googled and found this. smile

Puddlet Wed 28-Aug-13 19:11:50

I once went to a funeral where the daughter of the deceased read Guess how much I love you. Not a dry eye in the house. Might work well for A christening and is a lovely book to keep.

IrisWildthyme Wed 28-Aug-13 19:05:06

Neil Gaiman's Blueberry Girl Poem is absolutely ideal for a non-religious naming ceremony (and is available as a beautifully illustrated book too which is a perfect present for the occasion). - but you say "Christened" - aren't those usually religious??

btheb Wed 28-Aug-13 18:36:00

We're having our daughter christened next month and i am really struggling to find a nice non religious poem or reading. Any ideas? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now