Brahma Kumaris, anyone has had anything to do with them?

(27 Posts)
Kione Mon 17-Jun-13 17:21:33

I have been going to a meditation course they are doing and I really enjoy it. But when I googled them, I found articles saying they are a cult and some scary stuff about them. But when I read the information they have written about themselves it doesn't seem strange at all.

Anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks!

Kione Thu 20-Jun-13 22:42:15

Thanks for your answer. I am on my phone, so I will try to reply tomorrow from my computer, cant do long posts on phone!

Kione Sat 22-Jun-13 15:11:34

Mostly, I have tried finding a way myself but it didnt work. I dont have the will power and discipline to do it alone. Going to classes is brilliant, I really enjoy them and I like the conversations and exchange of ideas. I am going to look into other courses but when I say I live in an isolated place I mean I will have to get a plane to go anywhere that has courses! So I am sure you realise now it realky is not easy for me to do, but I will try.
I wish there was a Budhist group in my area but there isnt. The only budhist I know is the one who introduced me to BK for meditation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now