so how much did you spend on dd, s first holy communion outfit. (rc)

(8 Posts)

Goodness me!
I got a beautiful dress from M&S for £35 pounds and some pretty shoes from BHS Occasions collection for £20.
She looked amazing! grin

NewFairy Fri 05-Jul-13 19:20:04

Bought DDs dress from one of the holy communion fairs, it cost about £70 I think, then tiara and veil cost about another £20.

Tbh I think we spent more on the buffet lunch and cake. But then we had family travelling from all across the country, and we do like a naice buffet.

DD1 dress £160 (more than my wedding dress shock) shoes £15, headdress and veil £35. I think the shop saw us coming to be honest.

DD2 dress made free by a dressmaker friend. Shoes £30, tiara and veil £40.

DS makes his in 2 years. I am assuming it won't be quite so expensive grin

FeegleFion Fri 05-Jul-13 18:50:45

Dress was £149, shoes £45, gloves £15 and bag £10. Can't remember how much the veil cost but I made her headdress as I wanted a flower rather than tiara look.

wigglesrock Sat 08-Jun-13 23:00:08

I got the dress in a sale in First Communion shop - £20 apparently it was last years stock shock the shame of it!

Shoes - £5 H&M

veil, bag - all in about £20

I thought it would be much more expensive - I really hit lucky with the dress.

sweetkitty Sat 08-Jun-13 22:40:27

We got a dress cheap (long story) but it was still £160 for the dress (was marked at £250shock) veil, tiara and bag, shoes were given to us by a friend. Have 3 DDs am hoping at least one other will wer the dress.

Annunziata Sat 08-Jun-13 22:12:59

This was a good few years ago, but dresses were about £75 each, veils, shoes, socks, capes and hair probably another £75 or thereabouts.

glam71 Sat 08-Jun-13 14:57:27

Sorry to be rude but dh has been giving me grief about how much it is costing for day etc etc.
I actually think I got a bargain so I was just wondering what you spent or are spending.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now