Welsh outpouring not in the news?

(10 Posts)

I don't think the media is interested in what happens in 'religious' circles unless it includes scandles. Religious persecution in other countries rarely seems to get a mention either.

KayHarker Wed 22-May-13 16:59:23

It's al kicking off in South Africa. If you like that sort of thing. Makes me cringe, personally.

LizaRose Thu 16-May-13 10:12:02

Then again the journalist who reported the first genuine healing would be set up for life. Or the GP who first confirmed it. He'd end up head of the GMC or running his own clinic based on 'what he learned'.

That's why I always wonder why the pope is never at Lourdes posing with people who got their missing limbs back. Imagine the before and after pictures.

unless... smile

headinhands Thu 16-May-13 08:23:35

Media aren't likely to be interested in 'miracles' by any deity.

MareeyaDolores Thu 16-May-13 00:19:43

Man gets out of wheelchair and walks. Preacher claims God did it. Jobcentre says was faking. GP says no idea, not seen him in years.

Mainstream journalists won't be wanting to risk writing a story that might end up like a Little Britain Lou and Andy sketch. Healing (or lack of) notwithstanding.

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Wed 15-May-13 19:25:46

So for some reason I thought I'd look into this. There are several hits on Google about some church event on 10th April where a guy 10 years wheelchair bound was healed. But every link is to a christian website, so I'm thinking it's unlikely to be real news.

LifeofPo Wed 15-May-13 19:11:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Probably because it didn't happen. Got a link to the claim?

supergreenuk Wed 15-May-13 18:48:28

I'm just a bit baffled why the healing of a man who has been in a wheel chair 10 years isn't in the news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now